“good place for starving”
Review of Flora Grand Hotel

Flora Grand Hotel
Ranked #124 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 11, 2009

I have been to many hotels before but this hotel was the worst of all. since we traveled to Dubai in ramadan, there were no other places to eat lunch.so we had to eat at hotel and you can't believe how terrible the food was, the resturant was cold and smelled awful all the time, on the whole the food was disgusting. the room service was terrible, do not forget to bring your own shampoo,blanket and personal stuff cause you'll not find a toothpaste,tooth brush,slippers,comb or any thing you may expect to find in a four star hotel. The most unpleasant part for me was the guys at the reception part, who were impolite and couldn't speak english fluently,I do not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel,there are many 3-star hotels in Dubai with more facilities than this terrible four star hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,231)

Reviewed August 31, 2009

I stayed at the Flora Grand Hotel for 1 night mid-June this year and booked this hotel through Emirates from the many hotels it offers as part of its stopover packages. It is only about 10 minutes from the airport. Having arriving in Dubai around 5.00am, I was quickly checked-in and was allocated my room. The staff at reception were very polite and informed me that breakfast was available (I can't remember what time as it was early!). Breakfast is buffet style (hot bain-marie) and there are some cold items (fruit etc). There is a guy who will cook your omelette or eggs to your liking - it is cooked fresh in front on you or they will bring it to your table once ready. The room I got was very quiet and there are a variety of tv stations and various languages. Rooms are provided with more than sufficient amenities (soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, travel kit etc). There is a business centre/ computer room on the 1st or 2nd floor of the hotel - you will need to buy a voucher for either 30 mins or 1 hour. Computers are reasonably fast but the rooms can get stuffy - there is one computer per room and the rooms are small as the door closes behind you (it's like a closed up cubicle). The best part was I booked a taxi to take me to the Burj al Arab for Afternoon Tea - the trip down to the Burj took about 30 mins. The taxi driver allocated to me was very reliable and punctual. I also asked for him to pick me up from the Burj and take me back to the hour about 2 hours later. Again he was on time and because it was peak hour, it took about 60 mins to get back. Not having a liking to catching taxis, this experience was extremely favourable and the taxi driver was a very careful driver. So if you need a taxi to take you somewhere, ask the concierge for their in-house taxi driver - I thoroughly recommend him and also staying here. I would stay here again if I was to return.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank vivi0000
Reviewed August 26, 2009

In old area not far from Dubai Creek. There are plenty of restaurants and a shopping mall not far away.The staff were very friendly although there was not much in the way of tourist information, but there is a tour desk. An excellent breakfast was included.
A word of warning regarding taxis - make sure you only use metered taxis. The hotel is in the habit of using their mates in unlicensed taxis who are waiting around the corner. They charge about 50% more than metered taxis and sometimes don't know where they are going. This is a very dubious practice from an otherwise fine hotel. We ate at the hotel restaurant one night and would not recommend it.
Dubai is very spread out and getting around will improve when the Metro railway opens in September.

Reviewed July 24, 2009

We spent a nice time in very interesting and beautiful place in Dubai in Flora hotel. i want to say thank you for warm and friedly atmosphere in your hotel.
I liked so much your food, staff and attitude to us ... I wish you successful bisiness!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Flora for 3 nights on the way home to Australia. The service at reception was friendly and efficient and we were upgraded to a lovely suite on our arrival at 1.30am after a long flight from Nice. The rooms were very clean and spacious. All staff were happy to help with information on where to go and how to get there. Breakfast was a bit disappointing .... ... not everything looked appealing. Overall, it was a great experience and we would definately stay there again and recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2009

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the Flora Grand in Deira and found the hotel very comfortable, well facilitated and well located. Whilst cafes, shopping places and the Creek were not exactly on the doorstep nothing was more than an adventurous walk away. The hotel is located in an older part of Dubai and we were pleased to have chosen this over the newer and frankly blander, newer parts of the city. The hotel staff were always courteous and the concierge people were invariably helpful. We purchased our stay on the internet and we felt that the rate we received represented good value for money.

Reviewed May 19, 2009

We stayed here in Feb 2009 on our way to Oz and also on our return in May. The staff were very attentive and helpful and the hotel was situated in Old Dubai. The swimming pool on the roof was very inviting and the coffe shop in the atrium provided excellent fayre. Could not fault the hotel.

Jim in Shropshire UK