“Great value for money”

Ranked #113 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Hong Kong, China
“Great value for money”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Flora Grand is a great hotel if you are looking for something close to Metro and good value for money. We had 3 adults stay in one room and it was spacious with 3 normal beds (no fold outs).

The hotel is under renovation currently but will no doubt be better after as it is a little old now. There was no noise that we noticed during our stay. If you are looking for a great budget hotel in a convenient location this hotel is perfect. Clean, safe, friendly staff, free wifi, close to metro and airport, free shuttles to shopping and good breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katie M
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are very happy to know that you had a comfortable stay with us.We are glad to know that our services matched up to your expectation and you derived a lot of value in the same.

We look forward to welcome you again at the Flora Grand Hotel !

Satish Nambiar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a triple family room, lot's of space, air condition was working perfectly, we usually have problems in hot places that's why I mention it.
The room was kept clean and tidy by staff and we had every day fruits in our room without charge.
The rate was quite good for this kind of room too.
The swimming pool on the top of the building was small but we enjoyed the first day sunbathing
and swimming that we were tired and we could not go to the beach.
The Hotel provides also bus daily to take you to the beach without charge but we did manage to take it as it was early in the morning.The free bus to a Mall was quite away but free.

Room Tip: our room was in the back side no noise really
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Evangelos K
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are very happy to know that you had a great stay with us. We are glad our services delivered by the team matched upto your expectation.

St Agnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

A great hotel in a good location for the metro and therefore the rest of Dubai. The staff are all friendly and work hard to help you with your stay.

Pros: really good value, the breakfast buffet is enormous and caters for all appetites, mosfata works hard to ensure everything is okay for you, the room is cleaned to a very high standard, they even arranged the toiletries.

Cons: This will only really affect you if you are staying in the next two weeks, the rebuilding of the lobby is pretty bad, I was kept up till 1.30Am due to banging as they are building round the clock, to be fair when I did phone down to complain they did stop, but surely the noisey tasks could be left till during the day, I was then woken up very early another morning due to it. Add this to stepping over hammers, wires and sliding with the temporary flooring, and the fact that the hotel was fairly empty, I was very surprised that the hotel didn' t upgrade anyone or reduce the cost for a future visit as means of saying thanks for bearing with us!

All in all I would recommend this place, just not in the next two weeks, but after that it will have a great lobby!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SouthwestRach
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are happy to know that services delivered by the team matched your expectation. We apologise for the discomfort and inconveneince caused due to the renovation work. We have taken utmost care to keep noise levels to the least possible specially in the nights.Having run into a backlog on time the work got dragged into the night on two or three days during this whole program.

We hope to see you back to enjoy the new lobby of the Flora Grand Hotel !

Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Very pleasant staff and centrally located. Rooms are clean and services are impeccable. Due to being Ramadan, the only drawback that I encountered was that refurbishment was being made at the time however still, the duration of the stay was a smooth and pleasant one. A++++++ for the staff and service!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are delighted to know that you had comfortable stay with us. We are glad that our services delivered by the team surpassed your expectation. We apologise if any inconvenience has been caused due to the renovation. This work will be over in the next 2 weeks so that we have new lobby for our future guests.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The room was quite good and the room service specially housekeeping was excellent .The hotel lucks a good loby or sittig area for takig tea or coffee alone or with a friend . The restaurant service was poor ( I ordred lumb chops one day and fish on another not fresh at all) . Some of the reception employees were good but one of them gave me wrong iformation about two days extention in the hotel telling me that my company extended for me and when I was cheching out they told me to pay the two days and only by luck I had just enough money to pay them ,I would ot do shopping if he had shown to me the letter sent by my compay which read at the end that the two extra days will be paid by me . But the worst part of it is the role played by the manager ( a certain Anzir ) he told me nice words sayig that they have respect for my Co.and that he will find a solution ad then kept me waiting until my flight time was due ,I got very mad because he disappeared inside the hotel and his assisstant isisted on me to pay and both were very tricky ,rude and unprofessional , it was a very sad story and I do not thik I will repeat it again. Thaks and best regards . Eng. Omer yassin.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are happy to know that your stay was comfortable and that you were satisfied with the housekeeping services in the room. Your concern of the quality of food & service has been addressed with the team for correction and improvement. The lobby after renovation will have a exclusive place for a Tea & coffee lounge.

Please accept my humble apologies for miscommunication that occured between the hotel & your company where by you did not get the information in advance regarding the payment mode for the extended two days of your stay. We are very sorry to have upset you on your way out of the Hotel on this issue. I have taken it up very strongly with the concerned manager so that such situations do not arise in the future.

We hope that you will treat this as a rare forgivable occurance and give us another oppurtunity to serve you and give a better stay experience at the Flora Grand Hotel !

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed July 26, 2013

While I booked I Flora Grand Hotel In Deira - Dubai, I never thought this hotel would be very clean (considering it's 4star and price) and so intimate for a staying relax there far away from hot and busy outdoor. the staffs all are so polite more than expect so that even they note to you when you are taking your pills, bring you a glass of water without you ask them.
services are too fast as you requested.
also the Hotel has placed in a suitable neighborhood in Rigga Road, with only less than 3-5 minutes to Rigga Metro station by walking and you access to most of places in Dubai easily and in the fastest time.
Definitely I will stay there again in my next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

We are delighted to know you had a great stay with us. We are glad to know our services delivered by the team surpassed your expectation and that the location was of great comfort to avail the facility of the Dubai Metro.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel was acceptable at best. It probably didn't help that the lobby was being redone during our visit with lots of noise and mess. The room was not large although a triple. One good point was that they did in fact provide three of everything (for example coffee cups, glasses) which is not always the case with triple rooms. Also it was close to the airport. The room was dark, the air-conditioning - essential in Dubai in Summer - was noisy, the bathroom could have done with a good scrub and an update.
The oddest thing was the "deposit" and billing system, very complicated and I'm still not entirely sure that we paid the right amount in the end. They also sent someone up to the room after asking whether we had used anything from the mini-bar to double check, while keeping us waiting. Perhaps the hotel is regularly used by petty criminals but I travel a fair bit and I've never been treated like this before. I can't say I would ever stay here again and wouldn't recommend the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GMFGH, General Manager at Flora Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Flora Grand Hotel !

At the outset please accept our humble apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the renovation work in the Lobby.Your concerns regarding the room and bathroom has been noted for us to take the corrections forward.

The system of deposit is a common accepted practise in Dubai Hotels but we regret if the same has caused inconvenience and delay at checkout. I have briefed the front desk team to see how we can improve the checkout experience for our guests.