“Much ado about not very much at all...”
Review of Tom & Serg

Tom & Serg
Ranked #625 of 10,111 Restaurants in Dubai
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Al Quoz
Description: Tom & Serg was established in Dubai in 2013 by Tom Arnel and Sergio Lopez. Tom comes from Australia. Sergio comes from Spain. Tom likes making good food. Sergio likes eating it. Every dish is crafted to satisfy the highest standard in the land. Ours. Ditto for the ingredients. And while many restaurants treat their recipes like state secrets, we believe that any recipe worth making is worth sharing. So if you want to know exactly how something is prepared, ask. There's no mystery in how we do what we do - just the freshest ingredients crafted with patience, care and forethought.
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Disappointing actually. After a few recommendations we decided to give it a bash ...

A busy afternoon, vibrant energy downstairs, but quite noisy.

Lamb pita for me and "super salad" for the wife. The lamb comes in double and single size, distinctly average I'm afraid. The usual "Dubai Hype" with very little substance to back it up.

My wife failed to see why the salad was labeled "Super" and enquired as to the whereabouts of some of the advertised ingredients. To which the giggling waitress promptly disappeared with the bowl.. which reappeared 5 mins later in the hands of what could only be described as an inexperienced and terse "duty manager" who with his finger gesticulated to minuscule julienned remnants of the listed items.... Dismissive to say the least...
No apology offered and we were left feeling like it was our fault for not cracking out the microscope and identifying the offending ingredients for ourselves in the first place and having the audacity to call the junior manager away from his urgent game of candy crush to deal with a customer concern.

And just an observation, but all the crockery we were served on was chipped or cracked? Now not sure if this is in keeping with the industrial theme but I prefer my plates without chips of the china kind.

So to vindicate the poor start we ordered a chocolate tart and lemon meringue...not bad you did ok here (beside the chipped plates .....again) and in echoing previous reviews if you want hot coffee, maybe Costa is your place?

Would I return? With the plethora of eateries mushrooming in Dubai, there are several options to try before I would consider a revisit.

1  Thank philfamdxb

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Firstly I would say try this place. As has been mentioned you need to be paying attention to find it. Once you do though it has a nice funky vibe. Staff were polite and helpful. I had the morning acter wrap which was lovely and some different flavours. My wife had the chicken sanga and she really enjoyed it too. I really like that they offer free water, a nice unique touh for Dubai. My only criticism (which seems to echo others) our coffees were luke warm at best which I didn't enjoy nor did my wife. Having said that the chocolate brownie was much better than the triple chocolate eclair. Finally when the bill arrived it was nice to see it was a lot cheaper than other dubai bistor/cafes. I would go back for sure.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

The reviews have mostly been positive about this restaurant, so we were obviously keen to try it. Upon arrival, we were greeted and seated promptly. The decor hadn't been skimped on, with Tom and Serg's roots from across the Sheik Zayed Road clear to see. The first disappointment was the coffee, which when it finally arrived, was tepid (I'm being kind here). A tip for the servers: When you are told that the coffee is cold, don't argue the toss - your immediate (not grudging) response should be to take it away and bring another. Fast. Especially if you intend charging me for it. The food took just long enough to arrive for us to have commented on the delay, although in fairness, the place was quite busy.
There's a good reason why the prices are reasonable: Although quality-wise, pretty good, the portions are not exactly massive (again, I'm being kind). Would I recommend this establishment? Have a look, but don't moan if you come away with just a tinge of disappointment.

$$ $$$

2  Thank carolton
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I found them through Instagram, made it a mission to go and instantly fell head over heals. Everything about this place is lovable, the set up is contemporary and good for a variety of events though I just went with a friend and we shared a soup and sandwich. The sweet corn soup is incredible and their way of serving it in a little pot made the experience very authentic and memorable. I am so happy that this place exists in Dubai because it's very original and hip.
Only problem is...the outside sign is incredibly tiny and if you don't pay attention to the wonky road you might miss it so watch out!

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Such a lovely and vibrant place, opens for breakfast and lunch only, waiters are very friendly, the food is healthy and good portion. The price is average. Recommended!