“Okay for a short business trip but you can do much better for a holiday hotel”

Villa Rotana - Dubai
Ranked #78 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am surprised to see how positive the other reviewers are about this hotel but I want to be fair in my review so let's start with the positives. I agree that staff members are very helpful and totally service centred and the breakfast buffet choice is very good (waiting staff very attentive). Now let's move to the issues.....location, noise and facilities. If you have a car then perhaps the rest of my location comments are irrelevant but if you are on foot then please be aware that you are NOT at the centre of anything that buzzes.......there is one restaurant within easy walking distance (sorry, didn't try it as I enjoy a glass of wine with my evening meal and this whole area, including the hotel, is "dry" - I understand that this is a "dry" country so the absence of alcohol is not a criticism, just an observation). The main point I am making is that there are no nice little coffee shops or bijou eateries very close, just a utilitarian looking supermarket and, 15 minutes' walk away, a very small shopping mall. The hotel is situated on one of Dubai's main "motorway-type" highways and it is a 24/7 road. There is a small service road but don't be fooled to think that this is a sound barrier. You will hear the roar of traffic if your room faces onto the road and you are on a lower floor. The metro station platforms take 10 minutes to reach by foot (upon entering the metro station entrance, you then have to use the walkway to cross the highway to where the metro line is located - if you have a mobility issue this is one to note. We tried two hotel suites and the TV noise level from the studios next door was quite unacceptable, especially after 1am in the morning (this is a structural problem - the TVs are positioned on the adjoining wall to the next hotel room and noise control has not been addressed well enough by the hotel). On our first visit, the resident next door responded okay to our request at 2am to turn the TV down but when they checked out, we had the same problem with the following resident. On our second visit, we had the same problem and we resorted to downgrading ourselves to a studio in the hope that they would be quieter. Unfortunately, we were disturbed by two separate sets of guests for the following three nights - the first time by a group of young woman residing in the suite (not their fault - they had obviously had a great evening somewhere but their excitement between midnight and 3am was shared with us through the walls and door). For the other two nights, a family had boisterous young kids who were allowed to be awake and make noise until after midnight (not great when you have a presentation to give to a client at 8am the next day). The studio kitchenette did not have a microwave, nor any other pans or pots. When we requested some we received them 45 minutes later and they looked brand new, as if they had just been purchased for us. The hotel does not supply any detergent or tea-towels so you will need to purchase these from the supermarket if you intend to cook. There are no washing machines in the studios, only the suites. The lighting in the studios is not great if two of you are trying to work (the desk has a desk lamp but otherwise the lighting is very subdued). There is no real hotel lounge downstairs, just the place that people take breakfast, which seems to double up as a dining area for the few people who seem to elect for an evening meal. On the Dubai weekend - Fri and Sat, the breakfast area was very busy with lots of families between 9am and 10.30am. Wi-fi is not free. The gym is adequate but the roof-top pool does not open until 8am (the sun blazes down onto the pool so not great for northern Europeans such as me!). I am pleased to read that this hotel works for so many people but it definitely isn't a place I will stay out of choice - just too many other holiday and business hotels to choose from for a similar price including other Rotana hotels.

Room Tip: The "quietest" rooms are probably on the right-hand side of the hotel , as you look at the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank JannJ28
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your concerns following your recent stay at Villa Rotana. First and foremost please accept our apologies we regret the inconvenienced we have caused during your stay here in Villa Rotana.

It is good to know from our valued guests where we met their satisfactions and where we need to improve on. We always aim to provide you our valued guest the utmost satisfaction and such concern are valuable, and will help us to improve our services and rest assured that concern’s are well noted and will discuss all matters with my Colleagues.

Thank you once again for providing us with your valuable feedback

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

it was was excellent The rooms and the service by staff is excellent. breakfast choice and decorate and service is amazing. From the first day until we checked out I have no complaints, i was around many place i never see like friendly staff . We enjoyed it so much i'm really apprised inshaallah will be back soon.GOOD LUCK

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to post your wonderful feedbacks during your stay with us.
It is truly rewarding to know from our valued guest that we have done Excellent service.
Your comments are very inspiring and will be shared with the rest of my Colleagues.
We are looking forward to your next visit in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Amazing hotel it was a very nice experience for the service were excellent room very clean and front office desk very helpful . check in and check out process were very smooth and really we enjoyed our stay for sure we are coming back and we will recommended this hotel

Room Tip: Excellent hotel location
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.
I was delighted to read your comments and to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us, it has been a great honor and pleasure to serve you.

My colleagues and myself, are looking forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again to our Hotel in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel has excellent ratings for a reason. The rooms are clean and the service by staff is excellent. The breakfast choice and service is amazing. From the first day until we checked out I have no complaints. The hotel is located in a perfect place. We enjoyed it so much we wanted to stay at the hotel but due to it being fully booked we had to stay elsewhere. The hotel really is excellent. The only issue I have is WIFI. It is not free but most other hotels in Dubai offer free Wifi. Even if they cannot offer it for free the rates should be cheaper. I was thinking in the region of 20-30 AED for 24 hours instead of the current rate of I think it was 70 or 80 AED for 24 hours. Other than that lovely hotel and I would definitely stay again.
The breakfast area is very pleasant.

1  Thank Londonto
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback and for giving us an excellent rating on your review.
Your kind comments will be shared with my colleagues who I’m sure will be mostly pleased with your kind gesture.
Your comment with regards to our Internet fee charges are noted and will be further review and discuss.

Once again Thank you and we are truly looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Dubai.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2013

great hotel,very clean wonderfull staff very helpfull, service at breakfast is excellent.
Cental location close to metro, definitely be going back worth it.only one thing that disappoints no free wifi but you can use wifi next doir at dunking donuts for free

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank treetrun
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for choosing Villa Rotana for your stay in Dubai and for taking time to write your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our overall services and facilities to your satisfations. I have taken a good note of your comment with regards to wifi connection and the same will be further review.

Once again thank you very much and we are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back at our Hotel in the near future and rest assured that we would continually provide you with the best services and personalized care at all time.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had a perfect stay at Villa Rotana Hotel. The hotel is very special, the service is AMAZING, rooms are super clean and luxurious. The breakfast buffet is super good. All in all I had a great stay and the location was very convenient.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Noora_Ch
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. It is delightful to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your feedback has been shared with our team.
We look forward to welcoming back on your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I just got back from a short vacation in Dubai. My husband and I stayed at the Villa for three nights. First of all, the location cannot be better..walking distance from the mtro station makes everything somuch easier. We checked in late at night and Jamila at the front was extremely sweet and helpful!! So was Abdul, the concierege!! Breakfast was ok. Rooms very modern and rather clean. The colors in this place just put you in a great mood. Everything so white and fresh and shiny!! Definitely my choice for any future visits!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aayaj H
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Villa Rotana Hotel.
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with the services provided by our Colleagues. Your detailed feedback and positive reviews will serve an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all times to all our Guests. Your appreciation to Jamila and Abdul will be shared who I’m sure will be mostly pleased of your kind gesture.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Dubai.