“Best Hotel in Dubai” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #84 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Best Hotel in Dubai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights recently. It was for his birthday, so we wanted to stay in a nice, clean, modern hotel in a good location that didn't break the bank, and the Villa Rotana fit the bill perfectly. It is only a 5 minute walk from the metro station, where we could get an unlimited 24-hour card for only US$6/pp to go all over the city, a great deal.

The hotel itself was very well run. Our room was clean, comfortable, modern and even had a small kitchenette. There was a flat screen television, room safe, and free wifi as well. Breakfast was also included in the rate and the buffet was fantastic - tons of tasty hot and cold options. We used the gym, which was very well appointed and clean, with new, modern machinery. We did not get to use the pool though.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. We were very happy with our stay and have absolutely no complaints. If we come back to Dubai, we will stay here again, hopefully for longer than 2 nights.

Room Tip: Choose a high room away from the elevator if you prefer peace and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SUSAN L
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for the wonderful comment.

We are very pleased to know that you had a great stay with us and definitely receiving such comments like yours will inspire each and every one of us in Villa Rotana

Once again thank you and looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you once again to our Hotel in the near future.

Kinan Al Ghraoui

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

As others have written, the Villa Rotana is a very nice hotel. The rooms are large and clean, the included buffet breakfast is outstanding, and the hotel is within a five minute walk of the Business Bay Metro stop. The expensive WiFi charge was waived for me upon my registration, for reasons that I never understood. Under normal circumstances, I would gladly recommend this hotel to those considering staying here.

When I arrived at 2:20 AM, though, I was assigned to a room that was already occupied by another guest. Since she had not dead-bolted her door, I'm guessing that we scared her half to death and made her fear the worst when the bellman and I entered her room. In today's world of hotel reservation systems and computerized key systems, it's inexcusable that a major hotel, part of a leading regional chain, could make such a mistake. This kind of event sticks in my mind, and I can still recall the details of the last time this happened to me: more than 25 years ago in January, 1985 (at the Anatole in Dallas).

The Villa Rotana went to a lot of effort to "make it right" for me, including a room upgrade, a fruit basket, a note and call from the manager, and a ride to the airport when I left. While I was grateful for all of the extra attention and amenities, nothing can make up for the error of assigning me to an occupied room. I hope that they did even more for the woman whose room we mistakenly entered.

So I can't recommend this hotel to anyone, especially women. Brave men who stay here should certainly make sure that they double-bolt the door against such an intrusion. But Dubai is filled with excellent hotels in the same price range, so I can't see any reason why one would choose to stay here, unless one is related to the owners of the hotel or is paying far less than the rack rate for the hotel.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, avoid the rooms facing Sheikh Zayed Road, which can be noisy.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank bluevoter
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your concerns following your recent stay at Villa Rotana. First and foremost please accept our apologies, we regret the inconvenience you experienced during your stay
We always aim to provide you our valued guest the utmost satisfaction, and such concern are valuable and will help us to better our services and rest assured your concerns are well noted and will discuss all matters with the team to prevent similar problems occurring in the future.
I hope despite your experience you will still afford us to serve you again.
Thank you once again for providing us with your valuable feedback

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I like the Villa Rotana despite the fact the rooms are noisy wherever you are in the hotel. The hotel is right next to the Sheikh Zayed Road, one of the busiest and noisiest roads in Dubai. The back of the hotel faces a mosque which has an early morning wake up call for prayer starting at 5-ish. I actually dont' mind that sound but it could wake weary travellers up.

Why do I like this hotel. It does the basics well. The rooms are welcoming, the beds are REALLY comfortable and the staff are really friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. When I ordered something from room service which wasn't up to par the head of room service called me personally and apologised profusely and gave me a free meal on the house as a goodwill gesture. Good customer service makes your stay a pleasant one. I also like the look and feel of the place - the main dining room is a beautiful room.

Note for non muslim travellers, this is a dry hotel so don't expect any late night boozing here!

And finally - I'd like to see the gym equipment updated a bit. I think it dates from the 20th Century :-)

Room Tip: Try the rooms on the side of the building between the noise from the Sheikh Zayed Room and the mosqu...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ema L
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for the wonderful and very detailed review following your recent stay at Villa Rotana.

Your kind comments are highly appreciated as it will serve an added motivation to us and your concerns will be further reviewed and evaluated as we always aim to provide you our valued guest our utmost services and facilities.

Again thank you and we are looking forward having you once again in the near future.

Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

The hotel has very friendly staff, good rooms and nice decor. It is close to the metro and easy to get a taxi. I really like the Rotana Group and this is the best of their hotels that I have stayed in.

Room Tip: A little traffic noise at the front. I didn't find it intrusive but some might.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Simon T
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for the wonderful review.
All your comments and appreciation has been shared with our Team.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in Villa Rotana.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I visited Villa Rotana for a business meeting on 10th Dec 2012.

The best part was easy approach (just walking distance) from Dubai Metro's Business Bay station.

The exterior of the building has a different look from the other matchbox type buildings in the vicinity and thus easily identifiable from even inside the metro.

The lobby area is small but seamlessly connected to the cafetaria/ lunch/diner section (all in one). The hotel has a calm and neat look with courteous staff. The quiet interiors really help with business discussions and meetings.

Didn't have much of an opportunity to see the rooms or other parts of the hotel, but from the look of happy customers at the reception and the visibly smooth operations ( i had to wait for 2 hours for my meeting), I think it could be a good choice for business travellers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SumiitMathur
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for posting your comment on TripAdvisor.
Receiving such comments like yours will inspire each and every one of us in Villa Rotana.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Villa rotana amazing i liked it good service ana clean rooms ... I didn't find slipper in my room i ordered one :) i will book again in the same hotel amazing breakfast ( romny the waiter is a good person) :)
The location is amazing near the metro and near the famous zayed street ana there's also a dunkin' donut shop just near and supermarket saveway also
Good hotel i recomend it

4 Thank Ihab E
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for posting you wonderful comment.
We are please to know thay you had an enjoyable stay with us and reached your satisfaction with most of our services.
You are welcome to come again for another memorable experience at our Hotel.
Once again thank you and we are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you once again to our Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Malax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed 9 days at the hotel from 16 November. The hotel is in a good location and we used taxi and metro. It is close to Dubai Mall and Burj Kalifa . Service was excellent, personal, helpful and friendly! The staff did more than we are used to in Finland.My wife liked the rooftop pool very much (when we didn't have time to go to the beach). For a longer stay the kitchenette was a good help, a supermarket is also very close . Bed was very comfortable.
Our stay was very pleasant. Thanks to Mr Neil, Victoria in Mokka Café. and all others. We can recommend this hotel.

Now back at home, minus 13 degrees C

Charles

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Charles G
VillaH295424, General Manager at Villa Rotana - Dubai, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for the wonderful and very detailed review following your recent stay in Villa Rotana

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with our services and facilities. You are welcome to come again for another memorable experience at our hotel.

We appreciate your feedback as we continuously strive to improve our service and facilities and only through comments by our valued guests we will be able to do so. I have also noted your appreciation to my colleagues Mr Neil (Front Office Department) and Victoria ( Food and Beverage Department) who I’m sure will be mostly pleased to received your kind gesture.

Once again Thank you and looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you once again to our Hotel in the near future. Rest assured that we would continually provide you with the best services and personalized care at all time.