“Doesn't worth the price” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mayfair Hotel

Mayfair Hotel
Ranked #449 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
mashhad
“Doesn't worth the price”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2008

I stayed in this hotel for four nights in May 08. I didn't sleep well during this period due to all different problems. The first two nights it was the loud music from hotel night club. After complaining my room was changed from third floor to fourth. I didn't sleep the other nights either due to the bed hard pillows and also food poisoning! It' s such a bad experience. The hotel definitely is not a four star hotel. The first night I found the bed sheets very old with some blood-stains on them! Staff are ok but this hotel definitely should be downgarded to a three star hotel. I will never stay at this hotel in future and don't recommend it to anyone.

• Liked — I didn't find anything interesting about the accommodation
  • Disliked — When I complained about the music sound in my room the night manager immediately took action and changed my room.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
tehran
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2008

my husband and i were there for 4 days. food was good it hase got diffrent tastes and u could choose among them.
room vas good but unfortunately the bed covers and the pillow cover wasnt new and i didnt have good feeling to use them,
bathroom was really clean too. theres ahair dryer in the hotel with avery very short wire that can never think you can dry your hair as well as you want ofcourse you have to stick to the wall to do that.
going to the african disco at night in this hotel was the worst experiense we had. the loation of this hotel is good too.
i think the receptions should try to be more friendy.
total it was good as a3 star htel not as a4 star hotel. i thing after abit changes in facilities and furnitures we can really call it 4 star hotel.

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank abnabat
bangkok
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2008

I stayed in this hotel during my business trip in Dubai. When I arrived the bell boy forgot to bring down one of my baggage from the taxi. I had no chance to check because I was waiting for change in the taxi while the bell boy took care of my bagges. When I got the change from the driver all the baggages had already been sent inside the hotel so I could not check by myself.

Luckily I had the taxi receipt so I asked the bellboy to trace the baggage for me. I arrived there about 11 p.m. and I checked with the bell boy until almost 1:00 in the morning. Every time he told me that the baggage was coming. Until the morning I checked it again , the bag had not been arrived and the same bell boy had already went back home without leaving a not for me. So I needed to follow up by myself. End up I had to go back to the airport and report to the police and it took me 3 hours running back & forth from airport taxi office and airport police office.

Also when I had my breakfast with my friends, the waitress unpolitely asked us for the table. She told us that to talk somewhere else as they don't have that many tables. I looked around there were still 5-6 tables left and I don't know why she had to chase the customer.

By the way, the location for this hotel is not convenient at all as it located in the small lane and very hard to find a taxi and when you want to come back to the hotel most of the taxi will refuse.

Overall it is not an ideal hotel for both business and vacation

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — services
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank bobbyBangkok

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Kuwait
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2007

I booked this hotel through [--] as we were leaving with 2 days notice and needed accommodation as soon as possible. It is rated as 3/4 star on different sites but is definately not 4 star. Having said that, reception staff were extremely helpful when we arrived 3 hours before check-in time. We were in our room within 20 minutes.
Our room was nice and very clean. Toiletries and towels were refreshed on a daily basis as was the complimentary mineral water. Room service was very quick and there was a good selection of food to choose from.
Breakfast was included in the very reasonable price we paid and it was more than enough to keep us going until late afternoon.
There is a swimming pool that we made good use of as well as a fitness room and sauna.
The hotel offers free airport transfers which is a great help. Our flight out of Dubai wasn't leaving until 11pm. The hotel told us we could have the room until 3pm (normal check out is 12pm) then they put our luggage in storage whilst we went for lunch and some last minute shopping.
If you want a base to stay in Dubai at a cheap price the Mayfair Hotel is well worth considering. Location is great and staff were very kind and helpful.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Windmill64
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2007

I had the displeasure of staying at the Mayfair Hotel from 10-15 April of 2007. This supposed 4 Star Hotel wouldn't even rate a 1 from me, and I have stayed in some rough hotels over the years. Some of the high points of my stay:
- The car from the hotel, that was supposed to pick me up at the airport, never showed. I searched for the car for twenty five minutes, and then took a cab to the hotel. When I mentioned this to the rude young man at the desk, he accused me of missing my ride. I later mentioned this to the manager and he offered to compensate me for the cab I took. Compensation was never forthcoming.
- The contents of the mini-bar were never replenished during my entire stay. The inventory sheet for the mini-bar didn't even come close to matching the contents of the refrigerator. On the morning that I was checking out, I received a knock on my door four minutes after the wake-up call. It was a young man coming to inventory the mini bar.
- The hotel supposedly had a Russian disco and a restaurant. These were advertised on their website, in the lobby, the elevator and the room. Neither of these existed, nor had existed in the recent past.
- The bar at the pool was a small, abandoned kiosk, with an empty refrigerator and no attendant. The pool furniture was filthy plastic and heavily stained lounges.
- Toileteries in the room were never replenished during my entire stay.
- The room was made up whenever the staff decided to get around to it. On one day, I returned to my room at 1430 and the room still wasn't made up.
- I brought back a friend for a drink at their roof top bar, and I was told by the desk man that guests were not allowed to have guests in the hotel.
- I sought a cash advance on my credit card for some gifts, and was rudely refused by the desk man and his assistant. When I asked for directions to another establishment that might be able to help me, I was met with a stoney silence.
- The complimentary breakfast was marginal, and I never did get asked if I wanted coffee or tea.
- I leaned back in my chair one night and felt a sharp pain. Tacks from the upholstery had come out and stuck me.
- I decided to visit a friend at another hotel and went outside to get a cab. The two bellmen were completely ignoring me. I was approached by a young man who asked me if I wanted a hotel car to take me to my friend. When I asked the price, he quoted me a figure three times what a cab would have cost. I refused and sought a cab. That is when I noticed the young man waving cabs away from the hotel.

Well, there you have it.Make your choices in Dubai wisely. I didn't and had a terrible trip.

• Liked — Leaving it!
  • Disliked — Horrible service from an arrogant and unprofessional staff.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Contractor1803
Auckland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2006

My father and I travelled on business to Dubai and were due to stay 3 nights. This hotel is not what you would expect in Dubai. The staff are generally unfriendly, the rooms are clean but all the furnishings are of a low standard. My pillows were like bricks, and the bedding seems very old. It is off a main road, and hence I had to walk 3 or 4 blocks in the morning to catch a taxi. There are 2 or 3 night clubs in the hotel - which gives you an idea of the type of place it is. As my bed was so uncomfortable I did not sleep much, despite flying 18 hours from Auckland. The next morning, despite being ignored by the recepionist for 5 min as we stood directly in front of him, we booked out after only one night . We booked into the JW Marriott which is significantly better. If you fly business or first class this is defintely not the kind of hotel for you. My advice : Avoid.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Old unfcomfotable bed, pillows and bedding
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else