“Super Place to Stay”

Ranked #174 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Dallas, Texas
“Super Place to Stay”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great location but removed from airport. The window in my room, 302, faced the business lounge veranda and swimming pool. Friday night was pretty bad in terms of loud music especially having to work the next day. The bathroom has a shower/tub combo and water soaked the floor after a shower. Staff was friendly. Breakfast buffet was good. Business lounge staff were super. Room was spotless.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Doug S
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
It was a great pleasure accommodating you in our hotel. I appreciate your posting in TripAdvisor.
I am grateful that our staff friendliness delighted you. also you were satisfied by the scrumptious breakfast buffet and pleasant stay in the room.
Nevertheless, about water leakage in the bathroom. It has been notified and scheduled for renovation, this coming summer. I sincerely apologize for the loud music last Friday night which caused inconvenience for you. This will be investigated and action be made not to reoccur this kind of situation as your room was on the “quiet” side of the building.
It takes between 20 to 40 minutes, depending on traffic condition from DXB Airport and we are at the heart of Media & Internet City, at shorter distance from the airport than most tourist destinations (Palm Island, Marina, JBR).
Again, thank you for your feedback and it will assist us making to improve our services. Our goal is to deliver 100% guest satisfaction, all the time.
Francois Galoisy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

I liked it here. Had a business suite for 4 night with access to the business lounge with food and drinks. Loved the breakfast buffet and also the themed dinner night we spent in the hotel. The service is also very professional. Would come back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Shaun M
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
It was pleasure having you with us at Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City and I would like sincerely thank you for your positive review at TripAdvisor.
Your excellent comments will serve as an inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us. Rest assured that it will be shared with our team members.
Certainly to welcome you again in your next visit in Dubai City.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is a great short stay small hotel in a fabulous location in media city close to Dubai marina. The hotel used to be our local when we stayed in the Marina a few years ago and knew its quality from that time. Would return again for short stays

Room Tip: No tips as the room was great
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

1 Thank Craig M
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your positive comments at Trip Advisor.
It is rewarding to hear that you appreciated our Yes I can service quality and that our “boutique” size hotel made you feel comfortable amidst bustling Dubai.
Rest assured that your wonderful feedback will be shared with our team members.
I am delighted to welcoming you once more at Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had a long event for 7 days..

booked accommodation and the meeting room and I can confidently say they DO deliver the " yes I can "pledge.

from the meeting & events team.. duminda, Prabhat, Vincent,Timothy.

from the reception .. shena

from concierge .. Kelvin and Rao..

from the valet .. Gurdeep, Mastan and the team.

From Banquets .. Fouzia, Vimal ..

Thanks all for the wonderful time and accommodating of all my last minute requests as is evident in large meetings ..

My only grouch is that their meeting spaces cannot accommodate more than 45 delegates .. Other than that , all is top notch. rooms are a bit small but completely functional and an active wifi is very useful

The GM runs a tight ship .. well done and look forward to more events.

Room Tip: higher floors!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ajay069
Dear Valued Guest,
My sincere thanks for recommending Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City at TripAdvisor.
I am pleased to know that you have a pleasant weeklong meeting and well convinced with the services of our staff. It is our endeavour to deliver a unique “YES I CAN” experience to all our valued guests. It is rewarding to learn an optimistic feedback as this inspired our team and it serves as a tremendous motivation for us to offer our best. I’ll make sure to pass on your comment to them.
Meanwhile, about our meeting rooms space can accommodate 45 delegates or more. However, it depends on the set-up and availability.
Thank you to have booked already your subsequent events with us.
Again thank you, I look forward to meeting with you personnally upon your next stay with us..
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel is all you would expect from one in the Radisson chain. However, the friendliness of the staff made it all the more welcoming. I was there for nearly a week and felt welcome all of the time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

1 Thank Tony B
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
My sincere thanks for your wonderful review at TripAdvisor and for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City for your recent stay.
I am overwhelmed to hear how enjoyable was your experience of our facilities and services.
Rest assured that I will share it with my team members. It helps us reinforce confidence and motivate us delivering consistently “Yes I Can” service to all our guests.
I hope it will not take long before you come and stay with us again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This was the cheapest good hotel I could book at short notice for a weekend in Dubai in Feb.
I arrived at the hotel at 2am, but they had no sign of my booking. After an hour of checking etc, it turned out that the agency I used hasn't passed the booking details on. The chap at reception was very patient with me and tried hard to help me solve the situation.

When I finally got my room, it was a business room - so one of the nicer rooms the hotel can offer. It was nice, just a little small - but still functional. The bed was nice, I had a small sofa, desk, internet phone, tv, minibar etc. The bathroom was ok. It could do with a bit more light in there - it was a little dull and hard to see clearly when shaving. The shower cubicle was pretty small so I kept on banging the edges. The door opens inwards, so it's pretty difficult to get in/out of the shower. The shower also had a little mould in it.

Breakfast was included but was nothing special. Chefs were whipping up cooked meals, but I avoided them as they used the same utensils for veg/non-veg meals. They could do with offering more veg options, and not contaminating the food.

The business lounge was a nice place to relax with complimentary food and drink, plus a private terrace. Once I discovered this, I dined there. The food at dinner is snacky. I noticed several people including myself would not eat the food or be disappointed that the cooked food was deep fried. The lounge terrace can be accessed via the lift lobby therefore bypassing reception. On a couple of nights, there were a few kids running around. Whilst they didn't cause any trouble, it was surprising that they could run around like that.

The hotel is located near some business locations. If you happen to be a tourist, it's not close to anything. It's about a 20-30 min walk to the marina.

All in all, a good hotel, and good value for money. Not well located, but you can get taxis everywhere and there were plenty of official taxi's lurking near the hotel at all hours. If you want to get the metro, it's about a 10 min walk. I would stay there again if the price was right.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Sharing you review is highly invaluable for us. Thank you for your recent stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City.
I regret that you were not fully pleased with your experience in our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience caused at breakfast. You are correctly pointing out that we use the same utensil to cook veg. and non veg. dishes. It is not our intention to cause trouble to our vegetarian guests. Upon request, Chef can certainly use fresh clean equipment to cook to your order. The Business Class lounge Happy Hour is offering a couple of hot and cold pre-dinner snacks. This should have been clarified by our lounge team members. More attention will be given to restrict children from disturbing other business class guests. Our bathrooms are on scheduled full steam deep clean and shower head disinfection as per Municipality rules. We will reinforce supervisors' spot checks. Your observations and comments are of important to us as they highlight areas for improvement. We actively listen to our guests as we strive to delight them.
Our hotel is located at the heart of the Dubai Media and Internet district, with several office towers around us. It is a not the most leisurely destination in the city. As you kindly highlighted, the hotel is at a 10 minute walk from the metro station. Additionally, the Dubai Tramway will be inaugurated after this summer. It will stop at 500 meters from our hotel and go directly to the Marina and JBR areas.
Our Reception team members are displaying their Yes I Can support to assist in such circumstances and are eagerly providing 100% guest satisfaction.
It would be such a pleasure welcoming you once again to our hotel anytime soon and specially once the Tram is in operation.
Tranemo, Sverige
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in March, 2 adults and 2 children. We had a quick check-in and got to check in earlier. We upgraded to a business room with balcony and go a room on the 5th floor overlooking the street to our childrens joy. There are not many restaurants within walking distance and the hotel restaurants doesn't open until 7 pm which was to late for us (children age 2 and 5). There's a McDonalds very close. The rooms are ok, but the carpet needs to be changed.

The breakfast was excellent with a variety of choices. You can sit inside or outside and the staff were great. The business lounge offered some nice food and drink during the day and the evening. The terrace is a nice break from the city.

Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your time posting your review at TripAdvisor.
Our main concern is to deliver a 100% guest satisfaction and value the convenience of your stay particularly the family with their children.
Meanwhile, our restaurant has a standard timing, though in this case we can recommend a room service if necessary. I have learned about your observation regarding the carpet. I am pleased to inform that although thoroughly regularly cleaned and maintained, this carpet is due for renewal within this coming summer. I do apologize for the cause of inconvenience.
I hope to make your next stay more convenient and would love to accommodate you and your family again in the near future.
Sincerely