“A Good Location”

Ranked #171 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“A Good Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

The hotel is a good standard and clean with a good pool and roof top bar. It is located near the marina and a sky train station to access across Dubai including the airport, malls and the old town. You can purchase a day travel card for the sky train for about £3 a day. There are some good restaurants/café close to the hotel and a taxi from the airport costs about £15.00 on the meter, but non-metered taxi's are more expensive. The hotel offers late check out but you may need to push them to extend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
It is our endeavour to constantly deliver a unique “YES I CAN” experience to all our valued guests here in the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City. I am quite elated knowing that you were pleased with our hotel and the wide range of the facilities we offer. Sure there are many ways to go around Dubai – there’s the metro and the busses, the Dubai taxis and the hotel Lexus cars from an outsourced company. I hope it will not take you long before you pay a visit in our hotel again. Thank you and see you then!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel before and rated it higher - overall it is a pretty standard business hotel generally worth staying at if you need to be in Media or Internet city.

I have rated this stay based on my experience of some staff being less "YES I CAN" and actually being more "NO you/we can't ".

Having stayed here before I was aware of the ridiculously loud bar that is on the roof of the far tower. When I checked in I specifically requested a room in the tower where reception is located. I was refused because my reservation was for a standard room (apparently all standard rooms are in the far tower). I was then told by the lady that checked me in that the bar didn't make noise anymore which I asked her to guarantee - she did (a lie). I actually thought given the number of complaints it attracted on my previous stay they must have removed it, which made sense.

Needless to say - Thursday night arrives and I was woken by the huge baseline of music echoing around the tower. I called reception who told me it would be finishing soon - at midnight ( a lie!) when put through to someone else was immediately told it would go on till 1am.

The basic requirement of any hotel is to provide an environment where it's guests can sleep. Radisson Blu Media City for some reason will not provide that.

Having experienced this twice now, I would certainly not stay here again, and will instead choose Media One just down the road. Whose rooms are the same size as Radisson standard rooms - but nicer, newer and better equipped as well as cheaper.

This is clearly a known problem to the hotel who immediately offer a room rate reduction as standard when guests raise this complaint - but the manager really needs pay attention and turn the volume down or close the offending club. Radisson is after all a chain of hotels NOT nightclubs.

So Mr Manager - given your motto appears to be 'YES I CAN'.... Will you turn the music down and let your 'standard room' guests sleep at night ????

• Stayed January 2014
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
It is with all sincerity that I am extending to you our deepest apologies. I do understand the prejudice we have caused and we completely respect your comments beyond doubt. I felt contrite that we failed to deliver the unique experience that we constantly give our valued guests.
Though you have stayed with us twice under the same circumstances, I still give my assurance that this is not the standard of our otherwise high credible service.
During your stay with us, there was a private event in the hotel and the organizer unacceptably disregarded his contractual obligations towards the hotel (timings and sound volume control). We suffered a breach in our relationship with this client. It prompted us to discontinue accepting business from this source.
In our eagerness to restitute our shortcomings, please feel free to write me an email at francois.galoisy@radissonblu.com. I will be more than glad to personally hear from you how we would be able to redeem our good relationship with you. Thank you and I will await your email.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as a business visitor in December 2013.
Pros:
a. great location. diagonally opposite my place of work in Dubai Internet City and very easy accessible to other places. I walked to office every day.
b. loved the breakfast spread - wide variety of choices including ABF, Indian and Mediterranean.
c. rooms classy, though a bit small for my taste.
Cons:
a. two separate towers and if you got young kids and no strollers, it may be an issue to walk between the two towers. They are well connected though.

The reception area was somewhat small - actually I expected more grandeur given the Radisson brand. Overall - great hotel and would love to stay again.

Room Tip: go for tower 1
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valuable Guest,
I am delighted upon reading your good commendation of our hotel location due to its close proximity to most of the prominent places and business hubs of Dubai and your assuaging feedback about our wide choices of delectable food menus. Rest assured that all your comments are very well noted. Thank you for trusting the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City and we will await your soon next stay with us!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel was located close to the Palm Jumeirah but only if you are travelling by car. Very modern hotel with all the facilities. Unfortunately due to the location of the hotel there is road works which happening in the evening blocking off the main access to Media City, restricting its access,although this is no fault of the hotel.

The are not a lot of local shops but ideal to get on to Sheikh Zayed Rd toward Dubai Mall

Staff were very pleasant and helpful.
Decent club on west tower roof top.

Room Tip: Choose East Tower rooms to stay
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valuable Guest,
We highly appreciate the good review you left for the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City. I am glad that you have taken delight of our warm service and wide range of facilities. I hope that it will not take you long before you come back to our hotel. Thank you and until then!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed 35 days in the hotel it was like my second home…I really liked to being here…People are very kind and helpful + one my most important aspect breakfast was also very delicious with wide range of variety.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
We are highly indebted of your unwavering trust and confidence in our hotel. Thank you for giving us the distinction of being a second home to you. We will never be tired of giving you the unique “YES I CAN” experience which the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City is renowned for. Thank you and we will await your next stay with us!
Valletta, Malta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Good value for money. Probably the cheapest Junior Suite in Dubai. Bedroom and bathroom are ok. Services is not so good. Location is fine for business. Good thai massages, but very small swimming pool.

Room Tip: Probably the cheapest Junior Suite in Dubai
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for trusting our hotel. I am delighted to know that you have felt a good value for the money you have spent in staying here in the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City. You can rest assured that your invaluable feedbacks are being noted. I will make sure that my team is always guided, reminded and motivated of our sense of duty. Thank you and see you again in our hotel soon!
Dragoer, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

The Rooms are great, we wew upgraded to a Business Class room which was nice. It is a very modern hotel, but the swimming pool is very small and there is limited sunbeds/chairs. The Breakfast was okey, and the service was good, but it was very crowded... Overall it was a good hotel, but the staff did lack som friendlyness...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valuable Guest,
We highly appreciate your assuaging feedback. Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel Dubai Media City, we will certainly make sure that all our staff will always be reminded of our core values and of our famous high “YES I CAN” spirit! I will help them continuously bring out their natural affability and passion for their roles. We will keep a good note of your comments about the swimming pools and the number of our sunbeds. Thank you once again and we look forward to having you back in our hotel.