“Excellent location for the Media City Amphitheatre”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City
Ranked #172 of 547 Hotels in Dubai
Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
“Excellent location for the Media City Amphitheatre”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We went to see a concert at the Media City Amphitheater and we selected this hotel because it is only approx 200 yards walking to the entrance of the concert park. Everything was very easy, valet parking so no need to drive around looking for a space. Quick check-in. Large room with excellent facilities. Very good room service menu and reasonable prices. We only stayed 1 x night so cannot review all of the facilities in the hotel. For a short stay close to Media City & Dubai Marina then we recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you choose a business room you will get access to a business lounge on the 2nd floor. We had cof...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank damian s
Francois G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
We are gladsome on how you find your last stay with us and also we are thankful that you nailed the thought of our quality service – from parking to checking in. Not to mention your comment about our hotel room where you stayed at plus the facilities, menu and menu pricings. We are flattered to know you recommend our hotel. Whenever you want to visit us, you are always welcome. In fact we wish to see you again soon. I and my team would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for the generous rating you gave us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The place could badly surprise you.

A left over. Simply as that.
It smells like nothing can describe.
Old smoke coming from the upper floor where smoking is allowed. They don't dare closing doors or turning on the AC or clean the filters or simply using some aroma diffuser.
It is a smoke bar? a jazz bar gone wrong? an indian cricket sport bar, (really nothing else on TV), or a bad imitation of an English pub? Or all together?

Design wise it is a storage unit of whatever was considered surplus of their furniture.

The brunch experience it is even more disappointing. Fat, badly fried food, only English menu and honestly, English food???

The service is good, not always paying attention but it is not their fault, I guess the management is busy somewhere else.

The overall experience is highly negative.

Please avoid it and just go somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank elhombremuyattento
Dear Valuable Guest,
We would like to let you know that we indeed value your comment. Rest assured that your comments will not be disregarded. I and my team have discussed the issue about the smoke coming to the Icon Lounge from the Icon Sports Bar and just to let you know, we are currently upgrading our existing air filtration set up. If you would like to have some fresh air, we have a terrace just right outside the lounge. And if you would like to have a jazzy ambience, we have our Monday-theme Jazz Night @Tamanya as a good alternative. Reviewing your comments, we felt disheartened knowing that our standards did not meet your expectations, however, please be minded that the interior decors in every part of our hotel – from furniture to statues and displays are of high quality as we need to maintain and select meticulously what we put in our hotel to pass every audit that we need to comply to but of course with the main reason of satisfying our guests like you. Also, please be aware that you can also have a meal of your choice in our outlets but upon request only – this is to avoid having our guests eat staled food. If you find our staff’s service not good, please trust that this is not the usual high standard that we give. Thank you for bringing your comments to my attention despite the negative impression, please allow us to welcome you in our hotel still. If by any chance, on your next stay you will find any unintentional faults again, please do not hesitate to tell us.
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 15, 2013

i go to radisson blu hotel for meetings and two weeks ago, i was unlucky to eat there. i don't mind paying if the food is good, but you don't expect to get foodpoisoned if you go to a an established hotel and pay aed260 for dinner. i was very hungry after my meeting and decided to do a treatment for myself on a friday evening at the restaurant. the buffet included sea food and sushi, which i love. unfortunately three hours later i started to feel very weak. i thought i was having flue. next day, i started to have severe stomach cramps. i was feeling so ill and weak but still had made my way to citi hospital. they have done tests on me (blood and took other samples) and they concluded quickly that i was having food poisoning with infection. I spent 4 days in bed, body trying to get rid of all what i have eaten for days, not being able to eat at all, suffering from severe stomach pain and could not go to work. I immediately informed the hotel staff and managers. they called back, apologizing and i have sent them the hospital report with case number. the executive chef was apologizing and asked to meet. he said he was sorry and that they were looking at their process and i was the only one reporting ill after that evening. and he offered me a meal. i m deeply frustrated and i think you should be careful: 1) because i got food poisoned and had to go through so much pain and stress 2) in an expensive hotel which is supposed to be decent 3) the hotel management did not apologize in a formal manner 4) they did not care to ask if they can compensate hospital reduce the burden they caused etc (thugh i don't, i m insured but it is polite to ask) 5) last and most importantly, i ve told them i had test at city hospital but they did not care to contact hospital to ask about the sample to track back what has caused the poisoning. you may stay at his hotel, it is central. but if you want to eat, i wish you good luck!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank ASoner
Dear Mr. Soner,
I do apologize on behalf of my team if you felt that your complaint was being disregarded but please rest assured that every review we receive be it good or negative, we take them all seriously. I believe we have fallen short in communicating with you every detail of the thorough investigation we did and tight actions we took regarding your complaint that you got food poisoned, even I understand that this is a valid reason why you would feel that we did not care at all. To somehow alleviate your disappointments, we would like to briefly outline the actions we have taken with regards to the situation. By the time that our Executive Chef received your complaint and all the details next to it, his first reaction was to contact you and the Physician with whom you have undergone the tests with, worried that somebody’s harmed by the food he cooked. He wanted to check how your state was then so he called the Physician, at first he did not have the luck, on his next call, he was able to speak with another physician who walked him through the possible reasons why you experienced such stomach pain. On his third call, he was able to get a hold of your Physician and the Physician confirmed that you were in a good condition by then and that it was not a case of food poisoning. Upon receiving the good news, he called you to double check if you were really in a good state already, and thinking you would be happy, he thought of offering something complimentary. If we are certain that we could pay for the hospital bills, we would be more than glad to offer and do it but if it something that we are not sure we can get approval for, then we will not mention and promise it right away – please kindly consider all the necessary approvals it will take and the medical result that we would need to present. We are hoping for your complete recovery and despite the confusions and disappointments, please do know that we will always be glad to welcome you in our hotel. Thank you.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2013

. . that's just the half of it - quite literally in the case of the Radisson Blu, Media City, where if you are poor and unfortunate enough to be given a standard room in the West Tower, you need to take the lift to the 2nd floor, walk about 2 minutes (through the enticing, well-staffed but forbidden zone of the Business lounge across a bridge to another set of lifts. The added time, resentment and frustration is worth considering on anything more than an overnight stay, especially as breakfast is a hefty extra cost. I my case, I was rinsed by my London travl agent who charged more for a basic Standard room for five nights than the book it now internet rate from Radisson Blu themselves in situ, but this experience has left me with a distinct bad taste in my mouth. Frankly, the hotel is not worth £200.00 per night, breakfast not included. £165.00 - 180.00 for a business room with buffet breakfast would be fair in Dubai, which is sadly showing signs of hubristic pricing again, seemingly not having learned much from the crash of 2009-10.

So for the good parts: the cafe/bar on the ground floor serves excellent burgers, has truly first rate staff and although not cheap, is good value for this inflated city. Likewise Certo, the Italian restaurant, where prices are again London-high, but service and quality is pretty good. The concierge desk is very friendly and attentive, as are the Business Lounge staff. The top floor nightclub is very popular and LOUD.

Standard rooms are OK, clean, well-maintained, reasonable size, tasteful in a brown/caramel way. Nothing to complain about. Except . . .

I strongly advise fellow road warriors to try and cut a deal for an executive room to avoid the torture and torment outlined above. I am not a novice traveller by any means: this has hacked me off.

Room Tip: Avoid the standard rooms unless you fancy a hike every time you need to access reception
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JohnJoeKelly
Dear Mr. Kelly,
We felt saddened with the fact that our Yes I Can! spirit was seemingly out of the picture while reading your comment. With this, we are in deep regret to feel that we were not able to extend the good quality of our service to you during your last stay. But please allow us to kindly assure you that we take care of and give priority to all our guests regardless of their nationality, regardless of their status, and regardless of what rooms they have booked for. Even at times the hotel is not in full occupancy, we do upgrades for our guests staying in standard rooms. For the bridge connecting the two towers, we have decided to have it in between each of our towers to give our valuable guests (like you) a sleek view of what’s outside the hotel and a bit of twist in the design of the hotel as you know Dubai is a city of uniquely (architectural) designed establishments, I do apologize however if that had been an inconvenience on your part. For the breakfast package, may I explain that the agency with which you booked your room through reserved the package excluding breakfast. We understand where you are coming from, but please trust that we would not charge anyone with an unreasonable rate. A day by day change in rates is inevitable and is all due to the market’s demand. Sadly, there are certain things which are out of our hands like how some agencies book and charge our guests, but if by any chance we would be able to negotiate for you, please do know that we will be glad to do so. On the other hand, thank you for staying with us and for being appreciative of our warm service, food menu and room design. Despite of you saying that you are not a frequent traveller, please do know that you are still most welcome in our hotel. Thank you.
Pune
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We have come across such a bad hotel for the first time in our travel of so many years.These guys had the guts to open our bags without our permission and had literally thrown our bags out even though we had the booking.will not recommend it to anyone.Please make sure you lock your bags before you leave your room.

7 Thank Chitresh B
Dear Valuable Guests,
With all sincerity I apologize for the discomfort and disconcertment we have caused you for packing your belongings without your presence and for not being able to assist you with rooms last 28th January onwards your expected days of stay. We intend not to wash our hands from the situation and admit that we have fallen short in assisting you being our good guests. Please bear in mind however that this is not the usual standard quality service that we give. We understand that you have been misled with wrong information but we will not point fingers as it will not be necessary now. We do not know how to completely abate your disappointments about what happened but just to alleviate your worries somehow, we would like to let you know that we have packed all your belongings in the presence of our Security Personnel to ensure that all your things are packed safely and complete.
Reviewing your booking confirmation, your rooms have been booked by the agency until 27th of January only and it is without any intentions of defence that I would like to let you know that we were not able to extend your room bookings because we were fully booked by that time, hence, though we are most willing to assist you with rooms unfortunately by that moment we cannot. Most guests come from far places – like you, prior going to Dubai, you book the rooms and with all the stress and tiredness the busy day brought you, you expect the rooms to be ready upon your arrival. Just to clarify that this is not a question of who is paying and who is not, people booked for the rooms and we promised to give them those. Just like some guests requested to lengthen their stay (people who were staying in your rooms before you) but we refused their requests because you are expecting your rooms by the afternoon of that day.
Once again, we humbly apologize for what we have made you feel. Necessary actions will be taken and we assure you that the same incident will not happen again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here for business - it is very reasonable. On the first night I couldn't sleep because of the noise from the rooftop bar so they moved me to a room which was better but I could still hear. The walls between rooms are also not very well soundproofed. Joanne who worked at breakfast was a delight - friendly and professional. A couple of the reception staff were not so great. It was a fine experience and OK for business stays. Not easy to get a taxi sometimes so worth calling ahead.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank wanderingworldwander
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for this review. We understand the inconvenience of what a noisy room could bring to our guests that is why in every most possible way, we strive to give you the best we can offer. If you will see in some of our responses below, we have mentioned how we are working to manage the noise coming from one of our terraces. We are almost there in getting the issue about the noise fixed – just to keep you informed. Thank you for apprehending the hospitable thought and approach of our service – through Joanne. On the other hand, if you have felt unassisted by some of our colleagues, I do apologize, rest assured that this is not our usual quality of hospitality. For the taxis, may I suggest that you try our outsourced cars, though they charge a bit higher than the usual, I am certain that they are upfront at your service plus hygienically well maintained. Thank you for staying with us and hope to have you back.
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I especially prefer Radisson hotels on my holidays, because in every country their standards are same. I liked the free internet facility (wifi) and complimentary water, coffee and tea. I was afraid of being hungry at the breakfast but I was wrong. The breakfast was perfect. I also liked the fitness center. The outdoor swimming pool was average, I suggest you to swim in the jumeirah beach instead of hotel's pools.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Whirling_Dervish_TR
Dear Valuable Guest,
First of all thank you for your generous rating. We are highly indebted by your appraisals of our rooms, promptness of service, location and bounteous breakfast menu. You can be certain that I, together with my team will always beat the bushes to even more refine our service just as long as possible. See you before long!