“A nice stay in a "Business" type Hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City
Ranked #178 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We visited Dubai to catch up with friends who live in Media City which is why we chose this hotel/location.

It's a nice modern hotel and we had a good time here however it is definitely designed for business and professional travellers so the décor, layout, and general vibe of the place are along those clinical lines.

The rooms were very nice and modern albeit quite small and functional however not a lot of space otherwise. The bathroom was average size as well and just large enough my wife and I could utilise at the same time.

The beds were comfy and we slept well in them with no concerns or noise distractions we noticed.

The swimming pool on the top floor was a good size and didn't seem to have many visitors to it so we got some nice relaxing in the fun, with some food ordered along with some nice views of the surrounds in each direction.

All in all a recommended hotel for business travellers - but a couple could enjoy their time here if they wanted a quieter experience and some downtime.

Room Tip: Usual tips to choose a room high up and away from the Elevators
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
ParkInn087, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive comments after your last stay at our hotel.
Nice to know that you had a laid back stay in our hotel due to our facilities and pool.
I hope your next visit to Dubai will not be too distant from this day and with us. See you then!
Francois Galoisy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed November 21, 2012

First, you need to know Dubai will blow you away. WOW, this was nothing I ever expected. It is a cross between Disney, Las Vegas, Chicago and New York City. It is spotless, the people are fantastic, and it seems as though every detail is accounted for. If you are looking for the middle-eastern experience, you will not find it in Dubai, it is very western.

Okay, now about the hotel. I was in Dubai on business for several days. My office is within walking distance of the hotel so that is why I stayed there. The staff was outstanding. They are as attentive and professional as any 5-star hotel. The facility is nice, the rooms are nice, and I had no complaints. Maybe one.... when I checked out, the rate on my room nearly doubled the last night. It was not even a full night, i checked out at 8pm and they would not even give me a half-day rate. I was not aware that this would happen and told them so. My bill was very high with meals and drinks etc.... I entertained some customers and co-workers at one of the bars. When I brought this to the desk clerks attention, I fully expected him to ask the manager for an adjustment. Instead, he told me why I was wrong, and that there would be no change. Obvioulsy, this irritated me enough that I am writing about it ...

Spa was nice, i had a massge which i would give a 7 out of 10. Just about as good as you will receive at any hotel.

Overall, the hotel was a great business hotel, if your business is close by. I would not stay there with my family because there is nothing close by for entertainment or food. You do want to spend the extra for a business class room that gives you access to the business lounge. They had a full bar, coffee and nice light food. Close by means walking distance.... Because of my check-out I will likely go to the Hilton on the beach next time and simply take a cab to my office. However, I would not hesitate to stay at this location again and would recomend it to other travellers.

Room Tip: Definetly take a business room so you have access to the lounge. It is a great place to meet or rel...

Dear Valued Guest,
I must say, Dubai is yes a fantastic place. The only catch is the weather though (summer). Anyways, you know I and my team feel appeased whenever our guests come back to us with satisfied remarks. And thank you for leaving such beautiful comment about our staff, even for the spa and the hotel itself. On the other hand, I have shared your comment to our staff with regards to how they handled your request, rest assured that we will make a review of what happened and the same unacceptable response will not happen again.
In spite of you saying you will choose another hotel, we will still hope for your next visit with us. See you then!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights recently on a business trip. Overall the hotel is of a good quality and in a good location.

Positives - very friendly and helpful staff, they can't do enough for you. Stayed in the business lounge which was a real treat and great value for money..ok, I wasn't actually paying but the cost to upgrade was offset by breakfast costs and the fact that you could relax in comfort anytime.

Negatives, very noisy on the Thursday night I stayed before check out, a private function on the floor above was way too loud, impossible to sleep and despite numerous calls to ask when it was ending was just told it would be finished in 30 minutes, this happened 3 times! Seeing other reviews these functions seem to be fairly common....

On check in was asked to sign a piece of paper which could have been construed as a standard acceptance of the hotel terms, when I questioned it the guy said it's ok Sir, just sign it and no need to fill out any other details. I questioned it again and it turned out to be an application for a hotel loyalty card. These guys are obviously bonused on getting you to sign up and I wasn't happy with the manner and tone of this guy when I said no or being pushy to sign up!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ParkInn087, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments posted after your last stay at our hotel.
I have passed on your positive ones regarding our staff attitude.
As to the noise, we realize the difficulty to combine the peaceful rest of our guests with the appeal of this trendy roof top outlet.
I am currently in the process of purchasing a new sound system, with upgraded sound buffers for the bass.
I hope that will not deter you form returning to our hotel.
Best regards

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here in July and returned in November on business. It's a very stylish hotel with comfortable beds, tea and coffee making facilities and mini bar. I ate in the Chef's House restaurant and loved the desserts selection! I ordered breakfast room service one day and was disappointed the toast was cold and pale. There was a lot of noise from the Roof Top bar, which can be heard in your room.

I tried to go into Icon for a drink but was met with a cloud of smoke which put me off. I'd recommend upgrading to the Business Class room, which gives you access to the Executive lounge with complimentary food and drink. Complimentary shuttle bus to Dubai Mall is a nice touch!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments posted after your recent stay with us.
I have reviewed your notes on the breakfast and toast with my team leader.
we will improve on the transportation system to the guest room.
We hope to accommodate you again in the not too distant future.
Best regards

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is for the most part a business hotel although tourist activities are not fare away.
Rooms are well fernished and the beds were great, or was it that 12 houur flight? :-)
Food service and the business lounge provided good service and high quality. The Bar on the roof was loud and fun, but hard to have a conversation there.
The service staff were all friendly and helpful.
Internet was good.
I would recomend this hotel for a good stay in Dubai unless you want to be on the beach!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are nice!

Dear Valued Guest,
We are emboldened upon knowing how our guests like you find your stay in our hotel. Be it because of our good staff, our location, food we serve or the facilities, we will always be enlivened to achieve our goal of 100% guest satisfaction because of your continuous trust. Thank you and we’ll be glad to welcome you in our hotel always!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I´ve now stayed at this hotel twice, once in September 2012, then again in October/November 2012, with both stays being just three nights (and due to the timing of flights in and out of Dubai, not even full nights)

The first time I stayed in a business suite in the East Tower (I think) and this was a nice sized room and pretty quiet, I think I was on the 4th or 5th floor. The next time I stayed I was on the 7th floor in the West Tower in a standard room, right below the Terrace bar and music was played from mid evening until late. I must admit I was very glad I wasn´t staying the full night on the Thursday as the music was so loud at a private party I would never have slept.

Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and house keeping is excellent. For a short business trip you don´t really need more than what the standard room supplies but the added room in the business suites would be appreciated for anything longer.

The gym is small but well equipped, however it is possibly the hottest place I have ever worked out in and was 26 degrees in my September trip. Breakfast offered a good selection of food which was well cooked and mostly fresh. Service is, as you come to expect in Dubai, excellent. I would also think its in a pretty good location for tourists what with its proximity to the palm and the fact it is only 20 minutes from the airport in good traffic.

I preferred my first stay as I did get a significantly better quality of sleep due to the position of my room, but as our office is a 10 minute walk away I can´t really ask for more. Admittedly as we are billed directly I can´t say I have any idea how much the rooms cost, or what is the difference in price between the two types of room.

Room Tip: East Tower over West Tower and 3-5th floor are probably quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
We are glad that you have brought up the topic about the noise coming from our Tamanya Terrace, for indeed we are excited for your next visit so we can have you experienced quieter rooms even in those under the bar in the west tower. It is true we have received same complains before but we are now in the process of installing new sound systems to buffer the noise and prevent disturbance for all our other guests. We are also taking good note of your comment about the gym temperature. We will check and monitor the temperature as we have the standard of maintaining 22 degrees. Thank you for taking time to give your comments. Above all, we are heartened with your good recognition of our staff, cleanliness of the hotel, food we serve and overall facilities. If in the near future you’ll find unintentional default on our part, please don’t hesitate to tell us because we are all ears to what you will say. See you before long!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

It was really awesome. Good place easy to reach from Airport and for business purpose. Rooms are very clean and superb. Everything is perfect. The staff is very excellent. Internet in room was quite good. Breakfast was very good. Very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
ParkInn087, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
It is credibly inspiriting to know how you appreciated our facilities, our services, our menus and cleanliness withal the accessibility of the hotel. Thank you for the generous comment and rating. See you soon in our hotel!