“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #172 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
London
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in the Raddison Blu Dubai Media City last year and was upgraded to a club room as I found the noice from the lounge bar on the top floor on the second tower too loud. I was therefore very pleased when I was told that I had been upgraded to a Club room when I checked in this time. The rooms are on the small side but makes good use of the room so not a big issue. The bathroom is almost half the size of the room and is very nice and has both a shower cabin and bathtub. The club lounge is good and even has a outdoor terrace which is perfect for an after work G&T. The hotel is very modern and the breakfast is good with a large variety. Location was excellent for the meetings I had but is out of town so might not be the best for a lot of people. Just around the corner from Dubai Marina though. Concierge is very efficient and helpful and assisted colleagues and I with arranging local transport.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ParkInn087, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
There are a lot of reasons why people find Trip Advisor a great entity. For us, it is also great, because it allows usto be in touch with people we served in the past. It is cultivating to read your comments. Thank you for stating how you were helpfully and efficiently assisted by our colleagues. It motivates us to consistently give quality service.It is really pleasing to read such kind of testimony coming from our own guest. I will be very glad to share this to all my Radisson Blu Dubai Media City team. We will always wait to have you here with us again. Thank you!
Francois Galoisy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Markham, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a great business hotel, located near all the offices in media city. However, not a great place if you like going for a walk in the evenings as there is nothing of interest nearby. you can take cabs to the Ibn Battuta or other malls, or to the Jumeirah beach walk. The rooms are comfy and fairly well insulated. the pillows are all very soft or soft. It would have been good to have some firmer ones. Wifi is great. If you are taking taxis, take the normal yellow ones, not the hotel cabs. the hotel cabs are black Lexus and charge far more than the normal ones.
The only negative is that there are 2 towers, and if you are in the West Tower, going to the lobby/restaurant involves taking 2 lifts and changing over on the 2nd floor. Breakfast is good with excellent service. The staff need to be better informed. I asked them about the location of a well known chain restaurant (Gazebo) which was nearby. After spending 10 minutes googling and talking among themselves, i was told "just go straight and turn left". needless to say, directions were wrong.

the gym is small, but has the basic equipment.

Room Tip: East Tower .. so you dont have to take 2 lifts to your room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ParkInn087, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As much as we want to hear comments that our guests are satisfied with their stay in our hotel, we will never spurn those that are negative (as long as it is genuine and sincere) taking it as a preponderant for a timeless success. Moreover, we would like to sincerely apologize for not being able to give you the directions to Gazebo promptly and accurately. We have highlighted this incident to the concern departments and we agreed to give proper trainings to our staff. About the outsourced cars that we have, yes you are always free to choose other taxis however, though a bit costly, our outsourced cars provide high comfort level since they are superior quality cars and high maintenance. Once again thank you, we hope to see you again in our hotel, and we endeavour to give you much improved service.
Mannheim
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Radisson Blu is a perfect business hotel. The internet connection is fast, the rooms are comfortable and spacious. They have two pools for the time after the office and one very nice terrace bar on the top of one of the two towers.
The location of the hotel to the airport, sea, city center and to different business areas is perfect.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the tower with the reception. If not you have to switch elevators in between.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ParkInn087, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recently posted comments after your stay at our hotel.
We are striving to continuously improve our products and services, hence your feedback is paramount to guide us in the right direction.
I hope to accommodate you again in the not too distant future at our hotel.
Tourcoing
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Hotel located at around 30mn from airport not that far from the seaside.
10-15mn from the mallsl (Dubai or Emirates ones).
As always the people working there are very nice and try to help you as much as they can.
We had dinner at the Italian restaurant which was very good. Breakfast was great too.
My only problem was in my room : you cannot switch off the AC... It works to keep the same temperature required. You can put it cold or hot but cannot switch off except if you ask someone to switch it off for you. But then when you want to put it on again, they have to come back!
Anyway the stay in this Radisson was perfect !
One more good experience in Radisson.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us.
Your encouraging comments help us improve our services.
I have asked my Engineering department to check the AC control unit.
Thank you and I hope to have you again amongst our guests, upon your next visit to Dubai.
Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Radisson Blu Media City is just right if you are going to Dubai on business. Room size is good, bathrooms are very clean and staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast has good variety. I have stayed there multiple times and the only comment I have is that I was a bit disappointed this time as there was no nespresso machine in my room like everytime :)

2 Thank SimaKoro
ParkInn087, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
I and my whole Radisson Blu Dubai Media City team express our deepest gratitude to your continuous trust and loyalty to our hotel. However, we apologize for the inconvenience of not having an espresso machine in your room during your last stay. During your previous visits, you stayed in a business class room. We regret that, upon your last check in, we did not highlight, that our standard rooms are not fitted with espresso machine. For your subsequent visits, may I recommend that you book a business class room which offers multiple benefits and advantages. My team and I will be glad to assist you in the true spirit of “Yes I can”. Once again, thank you so much and hope to have you in our hotel again soon.
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was here for work - the wi-fi was good as was the location. I found the concierge desk extremely helpful. The beds are good, but have a memory foam quality to them, so if you arent used to it, it may take a while to get comfy!

1 Thank LondonWaffle
ParkInn087, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Dear Our Valued Guest,

Having read your comment, we are indeed very happy knowing that you enjoyed your experience during your stay in our hotel. We would like to guarantee that we will continue to give our 100% customer service to all our guests. In behalf of my team, please accept our deepest appreciation of you for choosing Radisson Blu Dubai Media City and that we will always wait for your next visit. Thank you!

Albbruck, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Came for a business trip and like to stay in Radissons - also this one was at expected cost/benefit balance offering a business lounge for private breakfast meetings, included w-lan, good services, a nice top roof bar and very good sleeping quality. When I arrived I found no transportation being booked but was very tired and looked for a fast ride. Approaching a Radisson driver he immediately called the hotel, figured out my booking and changed his schedule - simply made me happy. Amenities good and interieur nice and reasonably stylish.
Navigating through the 2 towers substitutes for gym exercising and some may need a compass but all in all a very good hotel. Check-in was queuing and took me half an hour but luckily I had calls to complete.

1 Thank Stoltinger
ParkInn087, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for staying with us at your last business trip in Dubai.

I have reviewed your comments regarding the slow check in with our Reception team.
We are now reviewing our processes to speed it up.
I hope you will give us another chance to experience the Radissonblu hospitality and Yes I Can spirit.