“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #171 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Athens, Greece
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I went to this hotel which was booked to me as part of a promotion. This is a reason i cannot talk about value for money but I definitely enjoyed my stay. I only used the hotel to sleep and have breakfast. The room was decent size considering I was by myself. Very clean, nice bathroom and nice views to some towers. Breakfast was also good as there was a big selection of food, fruits, etc. I always took a taxi to go anywhere or I friends of mine picked me up so I don't know if the location is good for tourism or not. Anyway, I think you need to use taxis no matter where you stay in Dubai. Overall, it was a nice hotel and I could easily go back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2012

let me preface this with the fact that we had spent 2 weeks in india prior to coming to dubai, so this was the absolute closest to having our home comforts that we hadn't had in quite some time... so, we were extremely excited when we got to our room. very very very comfortable, very up to date, clean, and with a wonderful shower (i literally took an hour long shower). my number one complaint is that our room was tiny, we didn't have much room to even open our luggage without tripping over it. the staff was very helpful in planning our day (unfortunately we only had one full day!) and were very accommodating to all of our questions and concerns. the breakfast buffet was truly phenomenal, and i'm a bit of a brunch snob back home. wonderful cheeses, lox, and anything else you could ask for..

the hotel is somewhat in the middle of nowhere. like all of dubai, you have to take a taxi to get anywhere (even the metra, really!) and this isn't the greatest of locations for tourists, but we had an easy time getting to and from the hotel - taxis are always available. the wifi was not fast, not at all, but it did the trick for the basics.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed April 21, 2012

A friend and I stayed the weekend of the Saucony Half Marathon which was conveniently located on the other side of SZR at Emirate Hills golf course. Upon checking in around 6pm we were told that only queen rooms were available, even though we had requested two twin beds, because the hotel was "sold out." We tried desperately to get into two twins to no avail. Upon entering the tiny queen room there was a very strange chemical odor, like a strong cleaner/air freshener. We headed out for dinner (a quick 10 min. walk to the Metro station) and upon returning to the room around 11pm or so it was clear that our room was very, very close to a disco/club within the hotel with very loud techno music pumping. As my friend was waking up early for the marathon, this would not do. We asked to be moved to a room and after 20 min. or so we brought all our stuff down to reception and received new keys for a business class room on the 2nd floor with two twin beds (yeah!). This room was slightly larger with a very roomy bathroom and no chemical odor. Best of all, we had access to the club lounge with free drinks/snacks and free breakfast in the AM. Both rooms by comparison were trendy and stylish. We found the sleep comfortable. We took a glimpse at the pools (small!) and the gym (no windows!) and took a pass. Free wi-fi on property was nice. We had our bags held with the bellman as we had a late departure but when we came to collect them the bellman was nowhere to be found so we just took them, which makes me curious about overall bag responsibility/safety. Overall I would only stay at this property again if I need to be in that area. Otherwise, the distance via Metro anywhere but Mall of the Emirates seemed quite lengthy (~30 min. to Dubai Mall). The hotel was a quick cab ride to the Marina or Palm Jumeriah areas, though. Unfortunately my friend is still fighting with the hotel as she was charged to her US credit card in USD instead of AED (even though she insists she requested AED), causing a poor exchange rate. The hotel has a satisfaction guarantee rate it explicitly promotes on the property and in this case my friend is clearly not satisfied.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
ParkInn087, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Your comments will help us work on our issues.
I hope to have you again and would personally follow up on your stay experience.
Please contact me should you decide to give us this opportunity.
Best regards
Francois Galoisy
Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Hotel is good. Rooms and bathrooms are a little small, but the balcony saves it. The price of accomodation and drinks in bars is too expensive - you can stay in a more luxurious Dubai hotel for the same price. Some staff members speek poor English. There is a great band playing in the bar next to the lobby. Too many waitors in the restaurant during breakfast are annoying.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Bothell, Washington
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Definitely agree this is just a business hotel - do not waste your time if you are visiting Dubai on vacation. Overall, this was a disappointing experience for me as a woman traveling alone in an Arab country; the staff wasn't very friendly, there was an error with my booking and I was overcharged for the room (the reservation manager absolutely refused to compromise or make it right even though their slogan is that they do make it right - they wouldn't offer me one single solution). I declined room service in order to receive a dining credit which they never provided. I booked a city tour which was terrible; the driver took me to the trashiest stores ever when I asked him to take me to the souks. Overall, I would NOT recommend this hotel. It is far from shopping, beaches, sight seeing...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank 3Violet333
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

It is true that during your visit to Dubai, the city was full and we had no alternative.

It does not reflect our normally cooperative and "Yes I Can" spirit. I hope that you will give us a chance upon a future visit to the City.

Best regards
Francois Galoisy
india
Reviewed March 26, 2012

stayed here only for the last day of our holiday.though my reservation was for 2 adults and 1 child in a standard room, but being pampered at radisson royal for the better half of our stay this was quite a disappointment.room really tight.if all of us in the room together there was barely space to move around.stay here if you have work in this area otherwise avoid!!metro a 10 minute walk.far away from downtown but about a 15 minute drive to JBR walk.rooms in 2 buildings and lifts are a horrible depressing green from the inside making it look like some seedy joint.breakfast was a good spread.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This is a decent hotel in a primarily business area. There is literally nothing around, apart from some office buildings. It takes 15-20 minutes to walk to Dubai Marina and 10-15 minutes to metro station. Rooms are good but not spectacular - unfortunately in mine the wi-fi did not work and I was forced to use LAN cable (the Internet was free). Breakfast was very good though.

The hotel is very reasonably priced, considering quality and not so bad location (considering Dubai distances).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business