“A good place to stay”
Review of Rolla Residence

Rolla Residence
Ranked #322 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I've booked this hotel with the "Dubai stopover" package. The room was huge, it has a washing machine, microwave, kitchen, fridge. There are no dishes and cutlery in the room, also no adapter for the electric outlet (which is strange, cause the electric kettle had an european plug).
The power in the room went off at some moment, I had to call maintenance. They have fixed it, but the power keeped shutting off when I tried to turn on the air conditioner. The manager offered another room though.
Taxi drivers does not know this hotel, so just say "Al Rolla street, Bur Dubai". It's about AED 30 from hotel to Burj Khalifa (Dubai mall).
The hotel also has a pool and a gym, but I had no time to check them out. The breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Anatoly K

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Rolla Residence good value for money-and its centrally located. breakfast very limiting though!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This appartment hotel in Bur-Dubai is indeed a good choice! It offers spacious well-equiped appartments in a central location ,near Al Fahidi metro station,good breakfast, and free transportation to airport and back. And all that for a reasonable price!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank stavgeor
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The hotel room was spacious with a kitchen, washing machine and large bathroom. The staff were very helpful with our luggage. Our room was very comfortable and well appointed. We booked a stopover through Emirates, so had transport organized to pick us up early in the morning from the airport, and return the next day, which worked very well. There is a full cooked Breakfast with a range of choices. Having a kitchen was good, with a fridge, so we could self cater if we wanted to. There is a supermarket down the road, which was interesting to explore. We also went on an organized tour during the day, so we were not reliant on the location of the hotel to reach areas of the city. The hotel is reasonably close to the airport, 20 minutes drive. Free Wi Fi is available downstairs in foyer. The hotel gave us a flavour of Dubai.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I booked into this hotel on line, having stayed many times in another place,
the photos looked good and the price with breakfast included was good.
When i arrived they didn't have the room i had booked on a higher floor, so i complained and very smartly they upgraded me to a fabulous suite.. huge master bedroom seperate, & lounge dining, seperate kitchen. wow it was good
All so beautiful and clean, and the staff were great. the only drawback for a hearing person
would be the noise of traffic as it overlooked the main street. But me being deaf didn't bother me at all. the rooftop pool is so lovley especailly in the early am.. I would definately stay there again.. You just have to stick to what you have booked for and they will respond positivally.

Room Tip: If noise bothers you, avoid the rooms overlooking the street, especially on the lower floors and on...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Hotel rooms are good ,its got a kitchen and washing machine.good housekeeping & room service.good for both business and tourist stay.the location is ok.

Room Tip: one side of the hotel has balcony so you can request for one with a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2012

As the hotel doesn't provide free shuttle from the airport, the only reason for me and my husband to book their transfer (more expensive than a taxi) was because we didn't want to look for a taxi and explain the location of the hotel after a 15 hours flight. I just wanted to find someone there waiting for us to go direct to the hotel. BUT NO ONE WAS THERE when we arrived. The airport staff was very helpful and called the hotel. We had to wait for a while and then they told us to take a taxi. The hotel paied the taxi, but I HAD TO PAY IT BACK IN THE CHECK OUT! We were located at a larger appartment as excuse, but the upgrade is useless if the thing you need most doesn't work - WE HAD NO INTERNET ACCESS! And the staff didn't seem to care about it. They just told us the problem wasn't at the hotel.
I and my husband don't have sleep problems but we couldn't ignore the NOISE DURING THE NIGHT. The hotel was making renovations in the swimming pool area at 3 AM!?!?!
I really enjoyed the location, but it depends on what you like to do. It is close to the Creek, easy access to Deira, Bastakia, Dubai Museum, etc. You can see more local residents (although expats - indians and pakistaneses, not emiratis) than tourists - nice for people watching. It is not so close to the resorts and entertainment areas in the city, but easy access to the metro. I would look for another hotel in the same neighbourhood next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple