“Great location and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Donatello Hotel

Donatello Hotel
Ranked #231 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Brisbane, Australia
“Great location and great service”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel. We stayed intermittently over a 2 week period. The service from all staff, including Management, reception and domestic staff, was always professional responsive and very pleasant. We were upgraded on arrival on 2 of our check ins. We stayed in 3 different rooms which were all extremely clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable, bathroom and kitchen were well equipped, and ALL areas very spacious. We requested a few changes (i.e needed extra bed for visiting friend) at the last moment and everything was accommodated with friendliness and very promptly. The hotel is 5 minute walk to MRT and also to the amazing Emirates Mall. Overall we were more than pleased with the service, price, location and comfort and I would definitely stay at the Donatello again and would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Linda P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malaga
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed 5 nights and must say we have no complaints. We were upgraded to a huge 2 bedroom apartment, which had everything we needed. Good service, comfortable beds and nice living area. The staff were polite and helpful. My only crtisism is that the furnishings in the apartment although in good condition were rather dull. I would recommend Donatello to anyone who needs accommodation close to Mall of the Emirates. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank monettebenedict
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Upon arrival I was upgraded to the executive suite, why? well maybe its because there was a horrible view of a building that is under construction but apparently construction has stopped like so many projects in the city. I don't care, I'm not here to sit indoors and look out the window, I was on the first floor up from ground and I rather prefer my curtains open but with no concern to those outside. So this was perfect for me. Or maybe there was just no one else booking the executive and this was a good marketing effort on their part. Its nice to know that for what ever reason they are willing to upgrade.

Do bother with the room service the prices are good and the food nicely done. I only had the continental breakfast (enough for two) which did include hot eggs, I recommend not getting scrambled as those can be made with powdered eggs where as other options they are required to use the real egg.

There is a spa on the top floor, they don't open until 11 am which sort of screws up your day but the treatment room is nice even though the outer area leaves a bit to be desired. The small gym and pool are also located up there, the pool is outside and pretty. The changing room seems to be for male and female I couldn't tell, the woman'd locker room dingy and worn. They took this over from the Coral Boutique Hotel and maybe they just have not gotten to those ares to refurbish yet. The rest of the hotel is pretty though and in my suite there was really only one flaw, the door on the laundry machine was pretty worn, but I had a laundry machine in my room! The air-ondintioner, so quiet you don't even know its on, its just cold.

The staff, very nice and attentive, and they started my stay with a fruit tray. The nearly full size refrigerator has mini bar items in them, no alcohol, there is minimal cookware and utensils but they were clean.

The place is three blocks form the Mall of the Emirates which has that Ski Dubai place as well as a zillion of stores and close to the metro which i have not used yet. Unless you have an International phone it may be worth getting a pre paid phone while here, maybe 20-30 USD to buy and then maybe a 20AED for local calls and text. It comes in real handy cause the address system here is odd, they give you an area and then you find it in that area. Internet map searches are valuable too. Also for bookings and finding your friends.

Id stay again under similar situations. I wanted to recover a bit from an excessively stressful year before I hung out with my friends or traveled further on this holiday and didn't want to spend a lot of money. I had no car and wanted the metro close in case I needed it. Oh, there is a flat screen and DVD player, free really fast internet in your room and two mini grocery stores in the first block.

Room Tip: If a view is important ask about it, I don't think they have one. If you can manage in a junior...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SaeMarke
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I recommend this hotel as an average hotel.
Average rooms, location, service, and prices.

The location is next to shiekh Zaid rd, but you still need to get around the area until you find an entrance to the road.

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My wife and I recently spent two nights in the suite. It was very comfortable and well appointed. It was clean. It would be a reasonable place to stay with a family and we will probably return again later this year.

The restaurant and eating options were pretty limited, but getting a room with breakfast included would probably work well. We ate at the hotel one morning and at the Mall one morning. I personally preferred the mall option.

The staff was attentive, but the lobby was cramped and inadequate to accommodate many people at once, so bring your patience. The parking is free, but the garage is small. The good news is that it is very easy to walk to both the mall and the metro without needing a car when the weather isn't excessive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Don B
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We arrived at the hotel at 10am and thought that we would have to wait until 2pm for official check in time, but the receptionist checked us in straight away and we were taken to the room. We had booked a junior suite and were really impressed with the size, the kitchen had all you need and the lounge was nicely decorated with a flat screen tv. The bed was huge and very comfy,also the room had plenty of space for clothes (an iron and board was also available).The bathroom was very tastefully decorated with a nice corner shower, (the hot water was tepid most mornings but by the night had warmed up fine.)
Wi fi was free and we had no problem connecting during our 1 week stay there.We didnt have foood there except for breakfast one morning which was fine and reasonably priced.
The pool on the roof was ok , but the water was lovely and warm and clean,but the area around it could have done with redecorating (minor issue) but the view of the Burj hotel more than made up for it, the Burj Khalifa was also visible in the distance.
The location was very good, right in the middle of the area between downtown and the marina area. The metro was within walking distance (5 mins) and the same for the Mall of the Emirates.
Overall we were most impressed and loved our stay there, i would definitely recommend to anyone.
Just one small problem, the taxi drivers know it as the "Coral Boutique" as it changed name recently?? but we easily got round it by telling them it was near to Sharaf DG metro and we directed them from there -- no problem.

Room Tip: very slight noise from next doors air con but we were so tired after a days sightseeing that we hard...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keith d
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been visiting Dubai alot for the last 4 years and I have had my share in lots of hotels, apartments, studios at different locations. Coral Boutique Hotel Apartments is certainly one of the best places I have stayed at.

The apartments are very clean and spacious. Staff is very friendly, very welcoming and wouldn't think twice to offer any kind of help. Location is very close to the Metro Station (2 mins walk).

I do recommend it for any purpose.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
9 Thank SamehSabry
Madge W, Manager at Donatello Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Sameh Sabry,
Thank you for staying with us and for your Trip Advisor review dated December 11, 2012. We are delighted to read that you found our accommodations, location, and staff to be commendable.
With the rebranding of the property to Donatello Hotel Apartments, we aim to further improve on our products and services. We look forward to welcoming you back and please allow me to be your additional contact on your next visit to Dubai.

Best regards,