JA Palm Tree Court
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$168
$123
$272
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$211
$294
$300
$249
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$180
$121
Trip.com
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
JW Marriott
$240
$191
$1,338
$1,225
3,448 results
All reviewswhite orchidall inclusive packagela fontanaanchor barsignature loungejebel alicorona barshooting clubsignatures loungepeacocks roamingsports cafeshooting rangebutler teamelemis productsa ground floor roomgarden viewa la carte restaurants
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Recently returned from a 13 night stay at the Palm Tree Court. This was our fifth trip to the UAE having previously stayed on Jumeriah Beach and Ras Al Kaimah.

I echo some other's comments about the surrounding area being undveloped at best and industrial at worst, however, upon arrival at the resort we were impressed by its mature gardens, cleanliness and courteous service of ite employees.

We had a "Juniour Suite" in the Palm Tree Court - I have to say that it wasn't really as suite as it was a large bedroom with a large seperate bathroom. My view on a suite is a series of seperate rooms (eg, bed, living, bath). The room was clean comfortable enough although we found the enormous bed to be a little too hard.

The pools are very nice and have lifeguards on lookout at all times. There is a couple of swim up bars which were great, however, it is not possible to order food and there is no waiter service around the pool areas - we were disapointed by this and resorted to eating at one of the beach restaurants every lunchtime. On some days we just wanted some drinks and snacks around the pool instead.

There are a couple of fine dining restaurants in the resort. The White Orchid is simply outstanding food and has the option for Tepenyaki and the Traviata is a great Italian restaurant with superb food.

We paid for half board and was offered an upgrade to All Inclusive board (400 DHS per day per couple) when we checked in. I wish we had taken them up on the offer from the start instead of switching to All Inclusive 6 days in as food and drinks (particularly alchoholic) are incredibly expensive and the bills really add up. We moved to All Inclusive in our second week which I feel saved us a considerable amount.

A taxi to the Dubai Mall was about 85Dhs, there are shuttles to Emirates Mall.

All in all a superb, very relaxing and enjoyable holiday.

1  Thank Big_Jaydubya
Reviewed August 14, 2010

This is the second time I've visited the Palm Tree Court and Spa and insisted on two adjacent corner rooms facing the garden. Though initially they could not confirm two adjacent rooms, they reverted immediately with the confirmation for two adjacent rooms and the room numbers I had asked for. We took the garden room on the ground floor where we could walk out onto the garden with amazingly well behaved peacocks! The rooms were large enough for seven of us to dine in. I would recommend visiting this place during the cooler months (Oct to April). The pools are well maintained and the Spa is amazing.
However, the Kids zone at the Jebel Ali Golf Resort was a bit disappointing. There should have been more toys for toddlers.

1  Thank OmegaSeamasterPro
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed for a week on an all inclusive basis and I have visited many hotels around the world but can honestly say this is one of the nicest, the rooms, cleanliness, staff couldn't be faulted from check in to the guys on the beach sorting out your sunbeds and towels.The hotel has a great relaxed vibe but with the right amount of sophistication thrown in, book all-inclusive and you can do exactly as you wish all the a la carte restaurants, plenty of choice where to eat, the drinks are top rate including the wines which are all served by the bottle no cheap stuff in glasses. had a really great time you really have everything here but also have the option to go into dubai if you want the courtesy buses are great and taxis are cheap. if you want to have everything.. great food beach all the watersports you could wish for great accomodationand really great service then book this you won't regret it ...We will most certainly return. Don't worry about being too far from the city centre as this little oasis is well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ruthiev40
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I booked this hotel because of its layout. The Palm Tree Court offered a Junior Suite Garden view for a good deal. We were traveling with our 1 month old child and were seeking a place surrounded by shade and green rather than high and concret and cement deserts. The Palm Tree Court seemed to offer that.
We intended to stay 3 nights and ended up extending one more night. i would have extended more but my remeining vacation didn't allow me too.

I have been to Dubai before and thought that I know how huge it is. However I learned fast that the Jebel Ali is still way outside of the city limits. We could choose between a city taxi for 45 AED to go to the next available Metro station or 80 AED to go to Jumeirah Beach and other nearby attractions.

Dubai Taxis are very expensive! I am hoping the Metro lines open rather sooner than later. At the moment only one line is working and it works well.
I haven't decided yet, if I want to agree with the seperation of Wife and child sitting in one part of the train and i have to in another. I respect the Moslem culture. However I do not want to be seperated from my wife and child.

An alternative might be a rental car but me driving in the Dubai rush hours, I would have probably got mad or insane.
We were going and going and going from Bur Dubai to the property. We drove through port area, no mans land and constructions side. i almost lost it and thought what the property would really look like, if we are already driving through an outback like area.

Security was good on property. They won't let anybody get on site without reservation.
Once you pass the security gate, you are in a completely different setting, tropical like, relaxing and quiet.
As we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted nicely and helped promptly. Check in was fast, friendly, polite, professional and efficient!
With our room keys, we received a layout of the resort, weekly newsletter with happenings and events, opening hours of f&b outlets and things to do while there.

We ended up in the evening going to Al Majid restaurant, which is a buffet style restaurant, very open, large and LOUD. We asked to be seated ina quieter corner because of our child sleeping in the stroller. I am not sure, if I want to pay again 180 AED per person plus drinks for a buffet. We didn't eat much and were a little disappointed BUT the food was ok.
From the next day we started to order room service, which was fantastic, fast, efficient, polite room service operators at any given time. I tried to hear out their names to be mentioned but couldn't.
Even though they said please allow about 30 to 40 minutes, they always arrived within 20 to 25 minutes. The food was great!!! From breakfast to dinner. Ceasar Salad, chicken breast from the healthy choice and desert were very good and it was considerably cheaper, do I gave tip all the time.

Hotel Management!!!! Suggestion... Please add an extra line on the bill, saying "Tipp". I always give on bills because I barely have cash in my pocket. I am card person.

The Palm Tree Court itself is nice and even, if you do not choose to go to Dubai city center there is lots to do. Horseback riding, game fishing, Camel rides, seaplane excursions etc. There 3 pools on site and you feel that they are to over crowded, you may go to the beach, which is just a stone throw away.

Our room was nice, a junior suite. I understand that the Palm Tree Court is only offering Junior suites. We wre upgraded to a siew view, which was nice and i believe in future when The Palm 2 is finished, the construction side vanishes. However it was interesting to see what mankind can build.
Our bed was huge and so super comfortable, I didn't want to get up in the morning.
The bathroom was roomy with bath tub and extra shower, two vanities and bidet. I loved to see elemis products in the rooms. I am using these myself and I couldn't stop to take the small bottles with me, sorry ;)))
Further amenities were slippers (good ones not the crap, you get in most business hotels, bath robes and huge bath towels. Beach towels were provided in the room but there are also plenty available on the beach or pool side. The attendant will help you.
One VERY imprtant amenity, I really appreciated since I am never off work somehow! The whole hotel property offers COMPLIMENTARY Internet!

The main clientel seems to be european (German speaking, English) and Russian.
The management is German or german speaking, which I believe reflects significantly in service standards and staff being attentive, efficient and reliable.
One example: I had to call for few things different times the operator or front desk. I always received a courtesy call back, if the problem got fixed or the this and that arrived at the room etc. I like that! This is the standard, which sets hotels and services apart from each other.

There was one very disappointing moment for my wife and me. We really wanted to enjoy the Spa but due to the fact that my wife is breast feeding and couldn't lay down on a bed, we asked, if the Spa had the comfortable chair, where you put your knees on and you sit good, relaxing the soine and muscles. My wife really would have appreicated to get a neck, back and should massage plus scalp treatment.
The Spa itself is located good but the signage is very confusing. We ended up in Fontana restaurant asking for the way after going aroubnd the whole property actually following the signs!
The Spa coordinator told us that they don't have these chairs at all. A lady on the computer in front, blond, glasses, east european or russian accent told us that it is not available. I wondered at the point how pregnant women get treated at the Spa since they were welcome according to the brochure?

Hotel Management! Sugestion... Invest in these chairs and offer your guest an in room massage on the balcony or terrece. They are big enough and with sea view the massage is way better than in room. This would once again raise your hotel standard and set you apart from other hotels and resorts.

If there is a chance for my family and me to go back to Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court before we depart the UAE, we will certainly book this great hotel again.

Thank you Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court and all the good souls working there.

1  Thank 7_seas_traveler
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Had a wonderful trip to Palm Tree Court to celebrate a significant birthday. Very impressed with the junior suites at Palm Tree Court (flawless housekeeping) and can confirm the really good impressions recorded by other TA reviewers. It is a high class and refined part of the Jebel Ali Hotel, mostly very quiet and the grounds are big enough so that you can be well separated from other guests rather than being 6" away from adjacent sunbeds, which incidentally are very comfortable.

Staff are very good indeed and the management run a tight ship. My husband mentioned that it was my birthday and they immediately made a really special effort to make it a truly memorable occasion. They definitely go the extra mile and it is this sort of attention that means we will go back again. As people have said, F&B is very good although the buffets can tend to be a bit "international bland" having to cater for all preferences, but the quality is good. We thought that the Asian fusion restaurant was very good indeed.

Yes, the hotel is pretty well in the middle of nowhere and quite a way from the Marina and city centre, but we felt that this was a plus point. Also, the monorail train is getting steadily closer to Jebel Ali for the future and in the interim the hotel runs free shuttle buses to main sights. We also went on a day trip to the sister hotel (Hatta Fort) which is worth doing, but the day we went at the end of May, summer was really starting to hit and the temperature there was over 50 degrees.

Overall, a very good, well-run hotel and we will definitely return, as long as the stalled Jebel Ali Palm project does not re-start, which is just off-shore from the hotel and could be rather noisy in construction. Locally, people said that a re-start is unlikely in the current situation. The beach was swept thoroughly every morning and the sea was very clean, albeit like a warm bath!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple