My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights and overall, had a very enjoyable trip.
The first thing to get out the way is the distance of the hotel from the main city. It is about 25 mins by car to the city, and around 40 mins from the airport. If you want to be in the city centre, this probably isn't the hotel for you, unless you are prepared to spend time (and money) in cabs. However, if you do want to leave the resort, there is a regular free shuttle bus from the hotel to 3 or 4 of the main attractions, including the big malls and the Atlatis hotel. The hotel will also organise cabs or hotel cars (which are about 50% more expensive, so specify 'local taxi' when you ask the concierge to order a cab!) at about 5 minutes notice.
However, if you want to spend most of your time in the hotel, especially in the day, the hotel is fantastic.
The hotel is split into two sections, with the Palm Tree court being the quieter (and more expensive) bit of the two. The extra money gets you a seperate reception, breakfast restaurant and your own bit of beach and garden. There is also a seperate pool in the Palm Tree part of the hotel - this is open to all guests but is quieter and less crowded than the other pools. The hotel is very well laid out, so even when the hotel is full (which it was when we stayed) it doesn't feel crowded or noisy.
The service, as you would expect from a Dubai hotel, is faultless. The restaurant and bar staff were always pleasant and cheerful, as were the ground staff and gardeners who always said hello. The hotel has resident peacocks which wander the grounds and the staff will take photos of you with them, or encourage them over with bread. A lovely touch which you probably won't find in any other hotels!
The room was lovely, which a big terrace balcony facing the beach and a big bathroom with Elemis products. There was plenty of storage space, as well as a decent sized lounge area, which I think has a sofa bed (although we didn't use it, so it would be worth checking with the hotel...)
There is also a good choice of restaurants. We ate in 3 of them, and were pleasantly surprised at the standard of food, especialy in the buffet. It isn't cheap, but fairly good value for the standard of food.
There is a good selection of lesuire facilities, including a riding centre, clay pigeon shooting and a large gym with tennis courts. There is also a kids club and seperate pool for children, and there were quite a lot of families when we stayed.
In summary, a good value resort hotel with a nice beach (the building of the new Palm has stopped, but you can see it on the horizon, so it could be irksome if it recommences), spacious rooms and friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Palm Tree Court & Spa is situated within the award-winning Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa. A stunning palm-lined private beach and three swimming pools are just steps away from the suites and junior suites, surrounded by lush gardens, waterfalls and fish-filled streams. A championship 9-hole golf course, academy, spa, restaurants, bars, kids club, deep-sea fishing trips and horse riding can also be enjoyed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your JA Palm Tree Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court And Spa
- Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court Hotel Dubai
- Palm Tree Court Dubai