“Second visit and already planning the next”
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #21 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Royston, United Kingdom
“Second visit and already planning the next”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Having spent three days at the Palm Tree Court as part of a Dubai holiday in April we said we must return. The opportunity to go so soon was an added extra and have recently returned from a weeks fully inclusive stay.
We thought the staff and welcome were great on our first trip but this time even better. Not only did the staff remember us but Hany at the pool bar still rememberd the drinks we drank.
This time we had more time to do more but still left things fo our next trip. This is a great resort where you can spend the day relaxing and reading between drinks and eating at a number of restaurants, or be full on with the watersports, beach games, horse riding, clay shooting and golf, not to mention indulging in treatments at the spa. A number of these are included in the package.
Although our daughter is grown up I could visualise her in her youth making friends and enjoying all the resort has to offer.
For many years we have regarded the evening as a special time when on holiday. Looking for restaurants and enjoying a meal out. My thoughts about buffet type food 24/7 was blown away by the choice of excellent food and restaurants. Yes there are a couple of buffet places that change the food theme daily but also a choice of individual resaurants offering seafood, steaks, BBQ food, Italian and Asian. The food is top quality as is the service and attention to detail.
The rooms are large and spotless with a fantasic bathroom and balcony. They are in small blocks surounded by waterfalls and paths going through lush gardens. Most days you will be greeted by strutting peacocks fanning their feathers.
My wife never used to like Dubai on the times we had stopovers.The staff and the resort have changed her mind and that's not an easy thing to do.
After a week at home we are planning at least one trip next year. The reasons are simple. Palm Tree Court offers a fantastic all inclusive package that gives everyone choice. The staff are caring and try their best to make your stay as happy and memorable as possible. It's about seven hours by air, do try Emirates A380 from Heathrow, and the sun shines with the out of summer temperatures are just right.
Many Thanks to all the staff. I can say for sure Room 786 will return. ( I like meeting people)

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. But block 7 and 8 are away from the main part of the resort.
2 Thank Gary P
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Gary P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

As our regular guest, I was delighted to know that you enjoyed your holiday once again with us and I was also glad to know you have decided to visit us again in your holiday.

I was extremely happy to read your very detailed review. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort which you found to be a relaxing place, the All Inclusive package that you opted to, as well as the food served in all the restaurants at the resort which you have kindly mentioned was a top quality.

Please also allow me to thank you for your kind words with regards to the accommodations which you felt were large and spotless, the grounds which found to be fantastic, as well as the resort’s activities that you and your daughter really enjoyed.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise to the service that you received from my team during your stay. You have also kindly mentioned that they were caring and made your stay happy and memorable. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We spent 8 nights at the palm tree court from the end of June to 6th July, from the moment we arrived, having not even seen the room I knew I would want to return, we had such a fantastic holiday, could not fault the rooms, restaurants and staff,and gardens are so beautiful with baby peacocks everywhere. We had a few issues that were sorted promptly., Robert running up and down the beach serving drinks, in 42 degrees heat and always a smile, my favourite restaurant was the captains bar, at that time of year only open for lunch, the staff were so friendly.
When we got home I just wanted to go back, so my husband booked up to go back for my birthday, we stayed in the city for a few days and returned to the palm tree court on 19 October for 6 nights,
Thank you to all the staff of the palm tree court, every one we encountered were always helpful and had smiles on their faces, can't wait to come back

1 Thank Terriesmith123
Dear Terriesmith123,

Firstly, I would like to wish you a belated “Happy Birthday”. I was happy to know that you had a fantastic holiday once again with us on your special day and you have decided to come back to the resort on your next visit.

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resorts and its facilities, the accommodations, restaurants and the garden which you have kindly mentioned were so beautiful.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comment about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged, whom you felt were so friendly and always smiling. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Jebel Ali Golf Resort in the near future.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband, son and I stayed at the Jebel Ali hotel last year but this year chose to stay at Palm Tree Court. We were accompanied by my mother, brother and his family.

The junior suite was huge and very well equipped. The bed was very comfy and the black out curtains effective. I loved the huge bath, shower and double sink. We supposedly had a garden view but it qualifed as a sea view in my opinion which was a bonus.

The cleaning was excellent and the chap who did it was lovely although it was frustrating to get a knock on the door whrm we had the do not disturb on. Especially when you have a sleeping baby!

The restaurants were as good this year as last year. My favourite remains the White Orchid. It is excellent and the staff were top notch. I can't complain about any of the food at any of the eating venues. The italian was also particularly good as was the steak at Shooters. My only comment would be at Divas the fish is great and you receive a generous portion but the accompanying veg offered was meagre. We had one plate offered to us for 5 adults - ridiculous. We were given one more upon request.

The band at the Captains bar was great as was the singer at the Piano bar.

The pools remain beautiful and in clean condition with a great temperature. It is a shame the pool which was previously adult only is now only for certain guests. It was practically empty most of the time. Another improvement could be removing the ludicrous rule that t-shirts are not allowed in the pool. My husband is very fair and was very annoyed when he had to remove it.

It was my mother's 60th birthday when we were there and prior to our arrival I was asked if I would like the cake to be brought to our table at dinner at the White Orchid. I said yes please. This didn't happen - it was delivered to he room instead. I appreciate the cake (which was delicious) but it is a shame it wasn't delivered to the right place as discussed.

The spa is wonderful and I enjoyed my full body massage immensely. The girls who work there are all lovely.

The mini golf is also a highlight for us. It's a fun course and a great thing to do late afternoon. We were impressed the man remembered us from last year.

Overall we had an amazing time. There were a few minor niggles but nothing to really detract from the great time had by all. The hotel gets so many things utterly right which makes for a relaxing holiday in beautiful surroundings with great food and drink. We hope to return yet again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Starshaped
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Starshaped,

First of all, I would like to wish you and your husband a belated “Happy Anniversary!”, as well as belated “Happy Birthday” to your mother. I was delighted to know that we managed to meet your expectations in making your family special occasions celebrations memorable.

I was happy to know that you and your family had a fabulous holiday with us, and I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation which you felt was huge and well equipped, the food served in all the restaurants especially White Orchid, La Traviata and Shooters which you have kindly mentioned were good.

We do encourage our guest to wear proper swimming attire, as our guest health and safety is of paramount importance to us. I would like to apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and I would like to thank you for your understanding.

I have also noted your feedback in relation to the recent changes that we have made at the resort, in particular the adults pool which has been converted into the Signatures pool. We have considered these changes keeping in mind the needs, wants and the expectations of all our guests.

We have decided to make the Signature pool an exclusive pool for our guests of Royal Jasmine and the Residence. The service level around this pool has been upgraded with a pool butler service as well as having lunch available, which can be served to our guests at their sun lounger, or at the deck area. We believe that we will be able to offer a higher level of service and a feeling of exclusivity in this area, thus enhancing the guest experience.

I have noticed that we did not meet your expectations in some areas of your stay. Please rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the management team for immediate attention and action in order to avoid similar reoccurrences in the future.

I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were very friendly. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have just returned from our second stay at this wonderful resort, this time travelling with two more couples. We could not have been more satisfied with our stay, our friends could see why we were completely confident that they would be blown away by the holiday. The friendly service from the reception desk, experience desk, restaurants,pools and beach staff was above and beyond expectation. They all quite obviously enjoy their working environment. Nothing was too much trouble even when we had a few problems that could have tested them! We were upgraded on arrival to ground floor garden rooms,all adjacent as requested which were very spacious and beautifully maintained. We were in block 8 which was nice and quiet, but only a short stroll from the beach through the wonderfully groomed gardens. The wine,chocolates and fruit found in the rooms on arrival was a lovely touch as well so thank you to everybody for making our stay perfect again- you have four more converts to add to your ever growing list!

Room Tip: Lower ground garden rooms are beautiful! Spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear debbieg3,

As a returning guest to the resort, I was happy to know that you had a perfect holiday once again with us. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be wonderful, the welcome amenities which you received upon arrival, as well as the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was spacious and beautifully maintained.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise to the service that you received from my team during your stay. You have also kindly mentioned that they were friendly and had exceeded your expectation. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at the Palm tree court for 5 days, what a pleasure it was, it really is a fantastic hotel, lovely clean rooms , amazing gardens, a great pool and beach scene and wonderful restaraunts make it a marvellous place to visit.I must mention the staff, from reception to room,restaraunt , bar and beach, they were all superb and I can't wait until our next visit it really was a 5* holiday.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank johncatfo
Dear johncatfo,

I was delighted to know that you had a wonderful holiday during your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you felt were fantastic and amazing.

It was also nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you felt were superb. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Kingston upon Thames
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Having never taken an all inclusive holiday before we were a little trepidacious before setting out on this week long break to Dubai. But the truth is, for easy winter Sun in a safe environment for the children with good food (yes, good food), loads of choice (places to eat, pools, sport), lots of room and great quality accommodation this place nails it. We took a beach view room in Palm Tree Court which was really big, clean and great for us plus two children - being really fussy, a ground floor room would have had the slight advantage of opening out straight onto spacious grounds (we had a balcony on the first floor) but really that's splitting hairs.
Our tips: Ask the hotel to book you into the restaurants before you arrive, the good ones get busy (we especially likes the White Orchid). Take a trip into Dubai, the hotels runs buses (we went to the Mall of the Emirates and it was amazing - we even went skiing). Lunch is best at Captains Bar on the beach - we liked the informality and the food is really good. For the kids - the cresh / cool zone was really excellent and certainly our eldest (5) would have spent morning, noon and night there if we'd let him. And lastly, on the all inclusive deal (which seems the best way to do this hotel) you are given a whole bunch of extra's (free golf, spa treatments, water sports, tennis lessons, gym sessions) - we barely made dent on what we could have done!!
Lastly, the weather - not down to the hotel - but 34 every day, not a cloud and a lovely breeze in the afternoon! Amazing.

Room Tip: Ground floor, beach facing at Palm Tree Court - away from the main building - best!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bcwood2012
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear bcwood2012,

I was pleased to know that you had an amazing holiday during your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be a safe environment for children, the accommodation which you felt was great, the All Inclusive package that you opted to, as well as the complimentary shuttle bus service which you have kindly mentioned was amazing.

Please also allow me to personally thank you for your positive comments in relation to the food served in all the restaurants at the resort which you found to be good, as well as the Cool Zone that your eldest son enjoyed the most.

Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We have visited Dubai regularly for the past 16 years so purposely picked a hotel that was away from the hustle and bustle and not surrounded by sky scrapers.
The Palm Tree Court was also our 1st time all inclusive and we didn't regret it at all and we are a family with very high standards!
The hotel, rooms, gardens, beach and food were all faultless.
There is a lovely chilled out relaxed feel and we managed to wind down completely in the week we were there even with a day in the city and a couple of days catching up with family out there.
I'm the person who spends hours scouring the net and trip advisor always trying to better the last holiday but I can't see how I could beat this one for a family beach holiday.
We have already decided to go back next year as we recuperated more in a week than the two weeks spent in the Canaries in the summer.
We took the trip on the Bateaux Dubai and this was our only disappointing meal, the steak at Shooters far surpassed the one on the cruise. We noticed that there were a lot of families who we're returning guests and this says a lot about a hotel.
Thank you very much for a fantastic holiday.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor garden view and it meant that you could lie out on the sunbed whilst the child...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Greens14
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Green14,

I was delighted to know that you had a fantastic holiday with us and I am glad that you have decided to revisit us again on your next holiday. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities, the All Inclusive package that you opted to, the accommodation and the food served in all the restaurants which you have kindly mentioned were faultless.