“Good beach option in Dubai”
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #29 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Baden, Switzerland
“Good beach option in Dubai”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We enjoyed our staff at the Palm Tree Court very much, and as the other reviewers wrote, the service and staff were superb. My only drawback was learning that the hotel is located quite a distance (remote feeling) from Dubai city itself. However, after checking prices at other beach hotels, this was by far the more affordable option. One just needs to be prepared for the 30 - 40 minute ride into the city. The hotel does provide a shuttle service, but the taxi's were not terribly expensive ($30 each way), so we found it the better option when we needed flexibility. My son got sick with the flu on the night before we were to leave. The hotel graciously and without additional charge let us stay in the room with a 6 pm check out, which allowed my son to rest and recover before our midnight flight out of Dubai. The hotel also had a nurse come by and check on him. We found this really exceptional.

2 Thank Birdie1962
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Birdie1962,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

I was happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort which you found to be a good beach option in Dubai.

It was also nice to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you felt were superb and exceptional. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have been holidaying in Dubai for the last 12 years and each time for a week spent at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. The last 7 years of these have been with 2 children and I thought what we had experienced to date was hard to beat.. but I can honestly say the Palm Tree Court was absolutely fantastic. We booked the Palm Tree Court following a recommendation as well as extensive research by our travel agent on an all-inclusive basis which we haven't done before but for a family of 4 it was ideal. The quality of food was second to none, the restaurants we went to were all superb. The Anchor Bar at lunchtime can be very busy but the staff go out of their way to ensure everyone is served as promptly as they can.
We were very fortunate to experience the Eid dinner on Wednesday 16th October 2013 held in the Palmito Gardens which was truly a magnificent banquet with authentic entertainment which was an amazing experience.
The hotel was particularly busy during our stay due to Eid but we had no problems making reservations to dine at the various restaurants. Divaz seafood restaurant with the lovely Ela looking after us was another highlight.
My children aged 9 and 6 absolutely loved the Kids Club which is based within the Jebel Ali hotel. The girls truly made their stay enjoyable to the point they were asking to go to the Kids Club maybe more than I had expected! So thank you to Jenny and Olivia and the rest of the team!
Our accommodation was a Junior Garden Suite which was generously sized for a family of 4 with an excellent balcony overlooking the spectacular gardens.
We were attended to daily by Poojary on the beach ensuring we had adequate towels, sunloungers and parasols and he always made a point of speaking to you throughout the day. It is incredible how hard he works... basically until the last person has left the beach and with the stunning Arabian sunsets and the warm air that can be a while!
A trip to the Spa was another highlight, total relaxation ... so much so I visited a couple of times!
Overall I cant find a fault with the hotel at all, we are delighted we have found this gem and all being well we very much hope to return in 2014.

3 Thank T4Family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear T4Family,

I was delighted to read that you and your family decided to stay with us, and I was happy to know that it was a superb experience.

I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort and its facilities which you found to be fantastic, the All Inclusive package that you felt was ideal for a family, as well as the food served in all the restaurants at the resort which you have kindly mentioned was amazing.

Please also allow me to thank you for your positive comments about the spaciousness of your accommodation, as well as your experience at The Spa which you received a total relaxation.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise with regards to the service you received from my team during your stay, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Liverpool, England
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I'll try not to repeat what other reviewers have said about this excellent hotel but I'll try to give some helpful comments that we would have liked to see when looking at reviews before our trip.

We booked with the website LetsGotoDubai. I think we got a very good price for what we received in return. As it was my special birthday, we went for 2 weeks All Inclusive, flying with Emirates and we paid a little bit extra to have private transfers to and from the airport.

The flights and transfers were hassle-free. we had been concerned about bringing my husband's diabetes medication into the UAE because of what we had read but we need not have been worried. Just in case, we had brought with us a letter from his GP confirming his prescribed medication.

On arrival at the hotel we were asked to pay a deposit by credit card which is refunded at the end of your stay. This saves you having to carry any cash around with you and you can use it in the complex shops or for any food and drink items that are not covered by the All Inclusive package (minibar, chef's specials, lobster, champagne and certain other drinks - all clearly marked on the menus). We were upgraded to a ground floor suite and, because we arrived at the hotel at 9:30pm ish, the receptionist booked a table for us at the White Orchid Asian restaurant to make sure we didn't miss out on a meal before it got too late.
This was just the start of the spectacular service we experienced in this outstanding hotel.

I had read previous reviews of this hotel and so ensured we booked tables in our desired restaurants well in advance. We had no problems eating when and where we wanted. If you are staying here only for a few days and want to eat in a particular restaurant, I recommend you email the hotel in advance of your trip.

I can honestly say that the food I ate in this hotel complex was some of the best I have ever eaten anywhere! Our favourites were the White Orchid (the Thai curries are superb) and La Traviata (fillet steak to die for!). We ate lunch every day at one of the beach bars where anywhere else you may get burger and chips or an average salad....Not here! Yes, you can have a burger or salad but the quality is not compromised. You are getting the BEST burger and the BEST salad you will eat anywhere. I had a chicken burger which was actually a chicken breast coated in truffle oil!

The best service we had was from the staff at the beach. The guy who greets you when you arrive at the beach near the Anchor Bar to sort out sunbeds for you was excellent (I wish I could remember his name!). Best of all was Rajitha who served us at the Anchor Bar. The personal service we received from him was second-to-none. He attended to our every need going as far as chilling the wine glasses with ice before serving it. He made us feel as though we were his only customers when, in reality I'm sure all of his customers were treated exactly the same. Because of him, the Anchor Bar was where we chose to have our lunch most days (we spent 2 hours most days here eating and drinking!). Yes, Rajitha is one of the main reasons we will try our best to return to this hotel next year. He would make a great supervisor or trainer and I'm sure he will do very well in this profession.

As previous reviewers have said, you get Elemis toiletries in your room. You actually get shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and shower gel as well as a nail-care kit, shower caps, make-up pads and cotton wool balls so there's no need to pack those things as they are refilled daily. There is a hairdryer in the room (in the desk drawer) and you can ask for an iron and ironing board too (which fits in the ample wardrobe).

If you stay more than 3 nights All Inclusive, you are entitled to a 4 course dinner cruise on Bateau Dubai. We highly recommend you take advantage of this. The food is high quality and Dubai Creek at night is a sight to behold! You pay for your own drinks which are expensive but bearing in mind you pay for nothing else in the hotel your whole holiday, it's worth the treat.

Tipping: Every time you are served in the hotel bars and restaurants, you are asked to sign the bill quoting your room number. There is automatically a service charge included (which you don't pay if you're All Inclusive) so there's no need to tip waiters or bar staff. However, you can choose to tip at the end of your holiday if you receive especially good service from anyone in particular. We also left tips for the cleaner, the beach attendants and tipped the buggy drivers too.

I could go on and on about this place but I would be repeating what other reviewers have said so I'll finish by saying that this was going to be a once-in-a-lifetime holiday but we have decided we will be returning in 2014 as it has spoilt us for any other holiday.

Room Tip: I can't think of a room that isn't good on this complex. You spend so little time in there...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Di-Macca
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Di-Macca,

It was with a great pleasure to read your very detailed and candid review. I was happy to know that you have decided will be returning back to the resort next year.

I was extremely happy to know that you had the best holiday during your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities which you felt were outstanding, the benefit of the All Inclusive that you opted to.

Please also allow me to thank you for your kind words in regards to the food served in all the restaurants at the resort in particular at the White Orchid and La Traviata restaurants which you found was the best.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise to the service that you received from my team during your stay, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. You have also kindly mentioned was spectacular and they are also one of the main reasons that you would like to return. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I went for my 40th birthday in March and it is by far the best hotel we have ever stayed in! We've been around the world and service, staff, facilities, quality, rooms, cleanliness are second to none, absolutely outstanding!

From the moment we arrived we have never experienced service like it, amazing. Staff were so friendly, attentive and polite every day.

I received a complimentary cake and note in my room on my birthday, lovely personable service.

Staff were very helpful in moving round sunbeds and setting up umbrella's, they seemed to appear from nowhere and organised everything.

Each day when we returned to our room after a hard day relaxing in the beautiful gardens, a peacock with all his feathers out would be outside our door, we called him our welcoming committee. Amazingly when we were leaving the hotel early morning to fly home, he was there at the hotel entrance and when our car drove off, he started running alongside the car! The driver had to stop in case he ran him over then he calmly just walked in front of the car and went into the gardens. I like to think he didn't want us to leave.

Each night when out on our balcony, we'd hear a weird yelping noise, had no idea what it was but when leaving hotel very early morning, the peacock/hens were sat in tree's making these really loud noises! I'm so glad we didn't have a room near the hotel entrance or I don't think we would've slept!

We never go back to the same place twice but it was such a fantastic and amazing we are going back for a week in December, we cannot wait as we know it will be just perfect.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JanineOO,

Firstly, I would like to personally wish you a belated “Happy Birthday!” I was delighted to know that we managed to meet your expectations in making your birthday celebration a special and memorable one.

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities which you have kindly mentioned were absolutely outstanding, as well as the peacocks across the resort.

It was also nice to read your kind words about the service that you received from my team whom you felt were so friendly, attentive and polite; I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back personally to Palm Tree Court.

Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Palm Tree Court is part of the Jebel Ali Golf resort about 30 minutes from Dubai Airport and shares most of the hotels facilities...of which there are many.
The staff are professional but more importantly, very friendly and eager to make your stay enjoyable.
The apartments are all very spacious and luxury comes as standard.
There are lots of bars and restaurants and the food is wonderful. I have tennis lessons whenever I stay here ( 4th time) and Frank the coach has improved my game a millon %. Thanks Frank! The nightlife is not what it could be...up until 10-11 pm is ok but if you want to shake your stuff, then the ashraf bar (the only late bar in the complex) doesn't really do it. It's too narrow and you either sit at the bar in the centre of the action or you're up a corner out of the way. So if you want a late one , you will need to hit dubai ...the marina was good but can't remember any names..so it must have been good! haha Taxis are fairly cheap...for Dubai so you can get about and there's a courtesy bus that runs throughout the day upto 10pm ...I think and it stops at all the malls.
The hotel is good for all travellers families couples golfers etc etc and finally before I forget the beaches and facilities are excellent and so are the views!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear desqueenan,

I was glad to know that you had a wonderful holiday during your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities, the accommodation that you felt was very spacious and luxury, as well as the food across in the restaurants and bars which you have kindly mentioned was wonderful.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise to the service you received from my team during your stay, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. You have also kindly mentioned that they were very friendly and eager to make your stay enjoyable. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Upsides: nice grounds, several pools, nice beach, very family friendly. The chef Nari at the Teppanyaki was absolutely the highlight of our trip and was absolutely wonderful with kids. Food quality consistently good. Rooms spacious and well designed for people with 2 kids.

Downsides: We stayed several days (paying, not on a package) and consistently found the restaurant service poor (except for breakfast, which was great). Reservations were lost, happy hour prices had to be requested rather than given, parts of food orders were lost/forgotten, etc. this was consistent and somewhat surprising given what other reviewers have said

Overall, great for families and a good break from the usual "chain" experience. I will stay once again to see if/how things have changed and then decide on whether to make it a regular place to stay or not.

Room Tip: Ground floor junior suite if you have 2 kids! They can play in the garden straight out of the door.
1 Thank Pomacentrus
Dear Pomacentrus,

I was happy to know the overall of your stay was great. I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the resort and its facilities, the beach and swimming pools that you felt were very family friendly, as well as the food served in all the restaurants at the resort especially at the White Orchid which you have kindly mentioned was wonderful.

It is with regret I learnt of your disappointment about the service you had experienced in our restaurants, and I would like to assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. It can sometimes be quite challenging when the resort reaches a high occupancy; however, the service to our guests is of paramount importance and I am sorry that we have not met your expectations on this occasion.

liverpool
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have been visiting this resort for the past 10 years, I can honestly say after visiting the majority of 5 Star hotels in Dubai, it is the Best!!! I think I would have stopped visiting Dubai a long time ago had it not been for Palm Tree Court, It will always be a little piece of paradise to my family and I, we have experienced nothing but Happy Holidays and memories, and hope they will last for a lot longer!! Thank you!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear livlia,

As our loyal and regular guest to the resort, I was extremely pleased to know that you always had a perfect holiday with us once again. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the resort which you have kindly mentioned was the best and always be a little piece of paradise to you and your family.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.