“Excellent stay and fabulous food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #23 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay and fabulous food and service”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Excellent week's holiday w/c 14/9. Quality of food, service and accommodation superb, as always. This was the first time we've used the all inclusive option (wasn't available on our previous stays) and it is more than well worth it. The restaurants are all fabulous, but you will need to book in advance. A special mention for Rajitha in the Anchor Bar, who made our lunchtimes, and also Doni and his team in the White Orchid Bar. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Emma S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

It was extremely pleased to know that you had an excellent holiday during your stay at the resort. It was a pleasure to read your positive comments with regards to the quality of food, the service that you received from my team, as well as to your accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was constantly superb!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bath
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have just come back from yet another amazing holiday. The quality of food at this resort is totally amazing we have travelled abroad a couple of times a year for the past 15 and never have we experienced food like it. If you love a great Steak then a visit to Shooters is a must and the Manager Jules forgive me if the name is wrong was fab he was so attentive to us and always greeted us with gratitude for visiting his restaurant. The waiters were also fantastic with my 2 children and one even tried to make 2 chairs into a bed so she could go to sleep comfortably not forgetting the wrap he put over to keep her warm. Where else do you get that attention. We also visited the White Orchid where we found Josiah who again was particularly great with the children and when we sunbathed outside the Anchor bar we found yet anther great hero Sunil who also took a great shine to the children. All I can say is if you have children the staff are the most amazing people and they really made our holiday. Anybody with kids will know if the kids are happy so are you!
A big thank you to all the staff and the Manager whom has already emailed to thank us for our loyalty to the resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie B
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Debbie B,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comments about your stay with us which you felt was an amazing holiday, as well as the food and the surroundings which you have kindly mentioned were fantastic. I would like to thank you for your positive comments about my entire team, and I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

Wales
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I’ve been back 2 weeks now and just can’t stop thinking how brilliant this place was.
I was greeted from the airport with a private taxi, to be taken to the resort organised by the hotel. It was a stunning lexis car and air conditioned!
On arrival to the resort (approx 45 min from airport) was escorted into the large reception area where one of the helpful staff checked me in. I had a complimentary drink and biscuits whilst the receptionist told me about the resort and amenities they had on offer. After about 5 minutes I was taken to my room on a buggy by the concierge and told all about my room and how to operate different things.
The one nice thing about the rooms is they are all very spacious and you notice the air condition as soon as you open the door.
A lovely fruit bowl, chocolates, water and red wine were in my room on arrival which is a lovely gesture. Also a personal letter in the room detailing what’s going on in the resort, opening times to bars, restaurants etc.
Even though it was included in my package I unfortunately did not take up the round of golf, tennis lesson, watersport, use of the gym or spa treatment.
I did do the pistol shooting which I enjoyed but it was over very quickly as only had 25 shoots.
Breakfast each morning you have a wide choice of food, anything from continental to full breakfast, omelettes or healthy options.
The resort has a variety of restaurants and bars and can cater for all different types of food (British, Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Arabic, seafood, African, Italian). I personally did not get around all of these but the ones I tried I thoroughly enjoyed.
My personal favourite was the white orchard restaurant and bar. This has a relaxed atmosphere, stylish food, excellent staff and great ambience. It also has a adults only section of the restaurant which is slightly quieter.
Some restaurants you do need to pre book for a table.
The pool area and beach has hundreds of sun beds and you will always find a spare one to catch a sun tan. There are also a couple of bars along the beach and around the pool area just in case you get thirsty in the heat.
The resort also offers a complimentary bus to the Atlantis hotel and various shopping malls if you fancy doing some shopping.
All the staff are very friendly, polite and courteous.
The resort (rooms and grounds) are very well looked after and work is always ongoing.
Overall an amazing stay and would highly recommend this hotel / resort to anyone visiting Dubai. I’m already looking to returning to this resort next February when the weather is slightly cooler.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, however I prefer the garden view room lay out to the beach view, but the beach...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tizzy101
Dear tizzy101,

It was very nice to read your very detailed review, and I was pleased to know that you had an amazing holiday whilst staying with us!

I was also pleased to read your positive comments about the available facilities at the resort, the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was spacious, as well as the welcome amenities that you received upon arrival which you felt was a lovely gesture.

I was also happy to know that you had enjoyed the varieties of food and beverages served in our restaurants, in particular White Orchid which you consider to be one of your favorite restaurants.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at the Jebel Ali Resort but the first in the palm tree Court. The hotel is fantastic, the staff very friendly the food is excellent in all of the restaurants but Shooters and the White Orchid are definite favourites. We arranged transfers through the Hotel this time and would definitely use this again. Can't wait to return already looking for 2014.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 393 and it had a good view of the sea.
Dear kishe,

As our returning guest, I was extremely pleased to read that overall you had a great experience whilst staying with us, and that you would return in the future. I was delighted to know that you felt the hotel was fantastic. Please also allow me to personally thank you for your kind words about the food served in our restaurants which you have kindly mentioned was excellent.

I was also pleased to read your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay, whom you felt were very friendly. I will personally ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

Broadstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at the Palm Tree Court at the end of August into the first week of September and had a wonderful honeymoon.
We loved the room and the proximity to the lobby and beach and bars etc.
Our favourite restaurants were The Orchid and Divaz! La Traviata was also great and came third on our preferences of restaurants
All the staff were very friendly and always helpful especially Sunil on the beach where he prepared our sunbeds every day for us even before we got there. We must say that we did go at the quietest time and we loved that. Too hot for most holiday makers so making the resort a much quieter place. This suited us completely and we would choose the same time of year again.
The butlers were always ensuring that we were happy and looked after us very we'll. We had some lovely long chats with Njenga and Islam while enjoying a sunset cocktail and nibbles at the signature lounge after a hard day relaxing at the beach.
We could have used the signature pool which was exclusive for Royal Jasmine and Residence guests but unfortunately there were too many children using this pool the first day we arrived- this was slightly misleading as one of the reasons we chose this resort and suite was for the exclusive adult only pool- apparently this was an error in the write ups as this was originally the case but no more! It did not spoil our enjoyment as we did enjoy the quiet stretch of beach and we were still close to the pool bars etc when needed.
Definately would suggest going AI
Lovely to be away from the hustle and bustle of Dubai City but excellent bus service to town and if you prefer to get a taxi back it would cost approx £20 so no problem with your shopping trips and excursions etc
Just be aware that the work on the second Palm seems to be under way so some noise in the distance with the diggers but depending on the wind direction not a big problem and did not spoil our holiday

Room Tip: Block 1 Royal Jasmine Suite very near all amenities
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 693patriziah
Dear 693patriziah,

I was extremely pleased to read your review, and that you decided to stay with us for your honeymoon which you felt was lovely.

I was delighted to know that you had the chance to dine in most of the restaurants across the resorts, in particular at the White Orchid restaurant and Divaz which you consider to be one of your favorite restaurants.

I would personally like to thank you for your kind words about my team whom you felt were friendly and helpful. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

warwickshire
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We visited the Palm Tree Court for our second wedding anniversary having spent our honeymoon here . Our only complaint was that is was only one week and we wish we could have stayed longer !!

The room was lovely, large , spotlessly clean, the bathroom was beautiful . The room had a sea view,

There is no need to bring any towels/ beach towels with you as they are all provided.

We ate in the White Orchid, Asian/chinese cuisine. The food was lovely with lots of choice with pleasant surroundings. La Traviata Italian was also great with lots of choice. Shooters (tex mex/ steak house) was lovely. We had a fillet steak on the second night it was huge and cooked to perfection.

During the day we ate at Anchors, Captains and the Sports bar. All had a good selection of food and drinks and all delicious.

I visited the Spa, what lovely surroundings. The sauna Jacuzzi has separate times for males and females. It is a shame I could not share the time with my husband there. I had a lovely massage and facial. After the treatments I was taken to the relaxation room where I was well cared for with a drink and fruit. I was covered with a towel and had a warm bean bag put on my shoulders to relax my muscles.

There is also a water sports section at the hotel, we went kayaking, donut riding ( pilled by a speed boat) and on a catamaran. The staff there were all great too. Well worth a visit.

All of the staff I met were very helpful and always pleased to serve you. I never mention staff but there are two who deserve a special mention. Prior to my holiday I emailed the hotel on numerous occasions and was responded to many times by Reshma Aswani. She helped me with all sorts of things including bus timetables, bookings. She was really very kind. She must have been fed up with my emails but always answered them efficiently. At Anchors bar we met Rajitha. He was a waiter. He was so friendly chatted to us and greeted us with a smile each time he saw us. He even passed by the pool on our last day to wave and say good bye. He remembered our names and room number and what we liked to drink.

There are lots of birds including peacock around the hotel.

All in all a fantastic holiday and we will be returning.

It is definitely worth having the all inclusive option. Most things are included. Sparkling wine is not included and as that is my favourite drink I did pay extra for a few glasses. It is a shame this can not be included.

I would recommend this holiday to couples and families. The hotel is about 40 mins from the airort. I believe the hotel offer a transfer service for 200 dhs which we will use next time.

Room Tip: all lovely
4 Thank susan1warwickshire
Dear susan1warwicks,

Firstly, I would like to personally wish you and your husband a belated “Happy Anniversary!” I was pleased to know that your family decided to celebrate this special occasion with us.

I was delighted to read your very detailed review about your recent stay, and I am happy to know that you had a fantastic holiday during your stay with us.

I was extremely pleased to know that you had the chance to visit and dine in most of the restaurant at the resort. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the food served which you felt was delicious.

Please also allow me to thank you for your positive comment in regards to your Spa experience which you felt was lovely, as well as the water sport that you enjoyed.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise to the service that you received from my team during your stay, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. You have also kindly mentioned that they were great, friendly and assisted you and your family throughout your stay. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My holiday at the jabel ali palm was beyond the expectations I had set in mind. It was brilliant. The resort was beautiful, serene and out of the way. The staff were professional and friendly making you feel welcome at all times. My 2 n half year old daughter loved the resort. She loved the swimming pool. The staff at the pool were very good with good with my daughter...attending to her every need. The buggy drivers were lovely too- kunal, lee, mark, kamal and rest of drivers. Patrick was also really nice as he went out of his way to drop me and my daughter when the heat was intense. Due to our dietary requirements the restaurant mangers went beyond their duty to cater for our needs each time we visted their restaurants. So a BIG BIG thank you to Leslie and indranil banjerjee. They were truly professional and exceptional. We really appreciated their help and assistance. However, we will now need to go to the gym to get rid of all the calories! !!! They truly spoilt us with yhe chocolate cake. The spa was fab too. Connie was a great. Again a fantastic place and would recommend it to you. Thank you jabel ali.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank deeyagoo
Dear deeyagoo,

It was extremely pleased to know that you had an excellent holiday during your stay at the resort. It was a pleasure to read your positive comments in regards to the service that you received which you have kindly mentioned was beyond your expectation.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the customer service provided by my team whom you felt were professional and exceptional. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.