“Wonderful Brilliant fantastic”

Ranked #22 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Brilliant fantastic”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

To celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, my husband, 8 year old twin daughters and I planned to re-do our honeymoon.

First we spent 5 glorious nights in Sri Lanka and then flew onto Dubai to stay at the Palm Tree Court in Jebel Ali for a week.

We booked the entire holiday through Best@Travel and their service was flawless throughout. Communication, the transfer services they arranged etc. It was a very easy fluid process from beginning to end.

Our rep was waiting for us in arrivals and guided us to the car park to meet our driver…..it was HOT…..oven hot….the air con in the private mini bus was very much welcomed.

The journey took about 45 mins and this was spent staring in awe at the buildings in Dubai – a lot has changed in 10 years.

On arriving at the hotel we were immediately greeted by a bell boy who arranged for all our luggage to be taken from the car and labelled ready to go to our room. The reception area is vast – airy and cool. Check in was very personal, with cool drinks and cold flannels to bring the temperature down. We were given our room keys, and a list of complimentary treats – which were out of this world. The hotel is extremely generous.

We had a little glitch trying to book the Al la Carte’s as we were told they were all booked up. We specifically chose the hotel for its dining options so were a little upset, but Julia in Guest relations soon sorted everything out for us.

After unpacking in our beautiful room (890) we found our way to the pool just off the beach and got a drink. Ushanka in ‘The Anchor’ was incredibly helpful, he told us how the All Inclusive works, where to get towels, information about the resorts – basically everything we needed to know. Ushanka was a god send and he continued to advise and help us throughout our stay.

I cannot gush about this hotel enough –it was paradise. The Palm Tree court side of the resort is built with 3 story ‘suite’ buildings with streams and bridges running through the immaculate ground. Then there is the Jebel Ali Hotel side which sits adjacent. There are Peacocks everywhere, and we were lucky enough to see them with their young. They are very saucy though and will have a peanut out of you hand in a second.!!

You can call for golf buggies to take you around the resort, but we soon got used to the heat and like the walk and the views.

We visited the Sports Bar on our first evening for a quick drink, our daughters ate there, food is lovely and they played badminton and table tennis. A great way for the adults to kick back and relax watching football/rugby (load s of TVs all showing different sport) whilst the kids get to burn off the last of their energy. We returned one evening for a meal and it was delicious. It does get very busy though so get there early,

We ate in La Fontana, the Palm Tree Court Buffet the first night, it was an Arabian Themed night and it was delicious – the waiters/waitresses are really helpful and drinks are with you in a blink!. We also ate in the Ibn Majed Buffet in the Jebel Ali Hotel, a lovely dining area, and amazing food and variety.

We ate breakfast in the White Orchid Restaurant each day and this was unbelievable. You are spoilt for choice at each meal and even though it was buffet it was fine dining each time.

We used the Bateaux Dubai complimentary dinner cruise, paying just £34 per child (this included transport to Dubai creek and a 4 course meal). We paid for drinks, which was fine as we didn’t spend anything at the hotel other than tips here and there. The dinner cruise was brilliant. The views are something else, the food was delicious, and it was lovely to meet the chef at the end and speak to him about dinner and tell him how much we had enjoyed his cooking.

We also ate in La Traviata Italian restaurant – this was my favourite, the whole experience was wonderful. Our waiter was excellent, the food was delicious and the setting perfect. My daughters were a little chilly from the air con and he wrapped pashmina’s around them to keep them warm.

We went on the donut, this was a wonderful thing to do as a family, my daughters loved it and even better that it was free. We both had an Elemis massage and it was heaven – a real treat to indulge completely!

The guy who looked after our room from house keeping was great, we had accidentally pressed the ‘do not disturb’ button (no hanging door sign here – it’s all electric from the room), but he found me to check if we needed fresh towels and water. Really personal and thoughtful, making sure our stay was all we wanted it to be. Each night the beds were turned down and our little slippers were left by the bed.

We ate in Shooters on our last night, which is based at the hotel’s shooting range. The dinner was delicious – steak cooked to perfection. Whilst we were there we used our complimentary handgun shooting offer. So much fun, very exciting, a real experience. Apparently I am a good shot!!

If we stayed around the pool a little later into the afternoon/early evening we went to Captains, an outside bar with cabana’s and big cushy chairs, perfect for one last drink, watching the sun set before changing for dinner.

We used the hotel free shuttle to go to Aquaventure on The Palm Jumeirah. We had a fantastic day. The shuttle to go back to the hotel went without us, even though we were waiting, but a taxi back cost £15 so we didn’t fret. Shuttle buses in, out and around the resort leave promptly, they don’t hang around and wait,, they watch the clock and leave on the DOT.

I cannot praise the hotel enough. I have stayed at 5* resorts around the world and have always been really pleased, but this hotel really did excel, I cannot think of a single thing I would complain about – it was brilliant, we all had a fantastic time and we cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms number 800 and above have al just been renovated BUT are towards the back of the resort. Lowe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank pinktwindle
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear pinktwindle,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

Firstly, I would like to personally wish you and your husband a belated “Happy Anniversary!” I was pleased to know that your family decided to celebrate this special occasion with us.

I was delighted to read your very detailed and candid review about your recent stay, and I am happy to know that you had a fantastic time during your stay with us and would return in future.

Please also allow me to thank you for your positive comments about your arrival experience which you felt was very personal, the welcome pack that you received which you found to be extremely gorgeous, the facilities and amenities available at the resort that you enjoyed.

I was extremely pleased to know that you had the chance to visit and dine in most of the restaurant at the resort. I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the food served which you felt was delicious and had an amazing variety.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise to the service that you received from my team during your stay, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. You have also kindly mentioned that they were great, excellent, thoughtful, and assisted you and your family throughout your stay. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
dublin
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I returned here having previously stayed a couple of years ago and loving every aspect of it. Sadly the standards have slipped alot. The resort was crowded with package holiday all inclusives who crowded the pools reserving the sun loungers so we never got to sit by the pool unless we preactised the unfair policy of going to the pool at 7am and putting towels out. Really the pool staff should be vigilent for this and remove them. Its not a 2 star resort in magaluf after all!! Also the pool service was absymal. You could wait a half hour without being agknowledged unless you are pushy. There was no staff to help put up parasols, nobody came around with cool towels and in general most of the staff were miserable and unfriendly apart from the room cleaners and the men who drive the buggies and get taxis for you. We ordered breakfast in bed and one order was missing and the other was wrong, after a long time ringing and ringing (the phones never seem to be answered) we eventually were very rudely dealt with, the outcome was that it spoiled my appetite how rudely we were spoken to. I cancelled the order and was promptly hung up on, no apology, no basic manners, so disappointing, additionally breakfast was an ordeal to the extent that we didnt bother most mornings, the breakfast room staff are for the most part quite rude and on our first morning we arrived down at 5 minutes before it finished to be told that we could not have breakfast as the buffet was almost closing, the hostess only let us in when we protested which wasnt very nice! And additionally people were still helping themselves to the buffet so I can only conclude that she just did it to be awkward! The food itself was nice in the resort bus as other people state it is very tough to get resevations. We ate out most nights as we were not all inclusive. The positives are that the rooms were lovely, the bus to the malls was handy and we enjoyed shooter, I wont be returning again though. Id suggest people who want an average all inclusive package holiday similar to spain etc would enjoy this resort but for a bit of the real Dubai hospitality Id suggest going to The Le Royal Meridien, we will be returning there next year. This place is also too far out and with such bad sevice spoiling the experience its not worth it. A suggestion to management make one pool child free. Theres no peace to be had at any of the pools with children dive bombing everywhere and the signature pool for club members was deserted,,,surely this should be opened for adults only especially considering how difficult it is to get a pool chair? A big positive however goes for the free wi fi all over the resort. Very handy

1 Thank babydoll27
Dear babydoll27,

It was nice to know that you decided to return, following your previous experience with us; however, I was disappointed to read that your recent stay was not to your satisfaction due to some concerns that you have had experienced whilst staying with us.

It is with regret I learnt of your disappointment about the service you had experienced whilst ordering through In-room dining, and I would like to assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. It can sometimes be quite challenging when the resort reaches a high occupancy; however, the service to our guests is of paramount importance and I am sorry that we have not met your expectations on this occasion, and I can assure you that I will personally look into this matter.

I was pleased to read your positive comments with regards to the food served in our restaurants which you have kindly mentioned was nice, the rooms which you found to be lovely, the complimentary shuttle service, as well as the facilities and amenities available at the resort that you enjoyed.

I have also noted your suggestions, which we appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with the management team.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Everything about this hotel is 1st class. The All Inclusive has got to be one of the best around, certainly the best I have experienced. The international Brand Alcoholic drinks available (spirits and beers), food at all restaurants, rooms, service, grounds, beach, pools are simply brilliant. I wouldn't recommend the hotel for first timers to Dubai wanting to be in the middle of it all, but saying that you are only 20 mins away from the Marina etc. A lot of people return here every year, so that in it's self is the best advert you can have. Looking forward to returning soon.......

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor suite.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Derek1958
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Derek1958,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comment about the resort, which you have given a high classification. You have also kindly mentioned that the All-Inclusive package that we are offering was the best that you have had experienced. I have also noted your kind words with regards to the rooms, our service, swimming pools, beach, as well as the food and beverage available in our restaurants, which you felt were simply brilliant!

Binfield
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed at the Jebel Ali Golf Resort Summer 2012 whilst the Palm Tree Court was renovated, we were really pleased with this Summer's stay at the PTC. A fantastic ground floor Royal Jasmine Suite, exit onto the grass area with sun beds to the beach. The 'Corona' bar on the beach was perfect with the beanbags and sun loungers, and the new beach pool was superb. Plenty of choice to eat, with all restaurants satisfying our families needs. Impeccable service, with anything we needed being dealt with - they have got it so right here. Took advantage of the complimentary massage and wet spa, 'ringo ride' on the water, tennis coaching and shooting at the JA shooting Club - brilliant!
Great shuttle services to the malls, and now the traffic is so much better in Dubai, it really doesn't take long to get anywhere now. Looking forward to returning as we loved our 9 nights so much before heading to the JBH for the last 5 nights of this Summer's stay.....

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank NPB01
Dear NPB01,

It was lovely to read that your stay with us was perfect! I was delighted to know that you enjoyed the facilities and amenities available at the resort, the restaurants which you have kindly mentioned has a plenty of choice, the complimentary shuttle service, as well as the service that you received which you felt was impeccable. I would like to thank you for your positive comments, and I will ensure that these compliments are shared with.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This has to have been the best holiday I have ever had and I am not exaggerating!
We arrived on the 18th August 2013, two people staying in a 2nd floor garden room. The room was absolutely huge! It was beautifully set out with a very clean spacious bathroom and a big balcony. The room was garden view but you could see the sea from our room, no need for a sea view room as they all have view of the sea. The room really did take my breath away, it was perfect for us.

Onesemus was our house maid and he did a fantastic job to help with all our room needs. He cleaned the room in a morning when he knew we would be out and did a brilliant job, always clean towels, replenished used shower gel, shampoo etc, clean floor, no dust in sight! He also turn our beds down before we got in at night and created a relaxing environment for us to sleep in by bring two bottles of water and Laying out our hotel slippers and replenishing towels again. He really was a star!!! Always happy to help!

The beach was amazing! For some reason most people wanted to sit by the pool or on the grass area where as we prefer to stay on the beach. The beach was very spacious, hardly anyone on and it is also a private beach, no one pestering you to buy stuff! Martin on the beach where we sat everyday was amazing, he got out beds, towels and umbrellas up each morning without fail before we got down. He was very kind and would be happy to help with anything, he got us drinks. It was very very hot and he would work without complaining going above and beyond his job role to keep all the guests happy and relaxed! He really deserves a medal for working in that heat!

You do not need to be up early to get a sun bed in this hotel, there are plenty to choose from anytime of the day. This really helped our holiday experience as there is nothing worse than 'fighting' for a sun bed!

The restaurants wthat we ate in were good, our favourite was the white orchid, we were staying all inclusive do ate there fit breakfast, lunch and sometimes tea. It serves buffet food for breakfast and lunch and al la carte for evening. The food selection was brilliant, vast variety of foods and chefs to cook omelettes and eggs for your preference. Felt that the buffet restaurants la fontana and ibn majeed, for evening meals were a little bit samey for each mealtime but there was always something to eat as I am a fussy eater. Lakes of salads and fresh fruits which I love.
We ate at la traviata for one meal which was al la carte, it was good but bit limited selection.
The staff were all lovely and would say hello as you walked past and would do their upmost to help you with and queries.

We booked at done sl la carte restaurants before we travelled, this was stated as booked by email however when we got there it wasn't booked. I advise to book at restaurants not before but on the day you get there as they do get booked up.

Anouska working in the white orchid was such a lovely waitress and would always have a big smile on her face and would go out of her way to help with needs, she really was amazing!

There is also shuttle buses to the malls in the area, I would say that they are all worth a look at.we felt that the hotel was great for putting on this services as you could explore Dubai at no extra cost, really was a brilliant touch!

We went to the spa for a massage and that was a really good experience, very relaxing environment and staff were really nice.

I would really recommend this hotel! It is the only hotel that I can honestly say I would return to and hope I do soon!

Everything about the hotel was relaxing and felt at ease, a truly amazing experience!

Dear sarah_sutcliffe_89,

I was very delighted to read that you had a truly amazing and relaxing experience whilst staying with us, and you consider it to be the best holiday you have ever had. I was happy to know that you would recommend the hotel to others, as well as you would return in future.

It was a pleasure to know that you had a chance to experience most of the facilities across the resort; in particular the beach, restaurants, our very own The Spa and the complimentary shuttle bus service which you enjoyed.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comments about the resort, the spaciousness and cleanliness of your accommodation, the service that you received, as well as the restaurants which you had commented that the food selection was brilliant and vast in variety.

I have also noted that my team dealt with your concerns and queries in a positive manner, some of whom you have given a special mention. You have kindly mentioned that they were really nice, very kind, lovely, amazing and happy to help! I will definitely ensure your compliments are shared with them.

Ratby
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Well back home from a nice relaxing holiday again. The hotel for us was and is a very good place to stay, its not too far from the metro at Ibn Battuta which is frequent, cheap and clean. The shuttle buses from the hotel are quick and are an easy way to get into the many Dubai malls for some shopping therapy.

The staff of the hotel, many we know quite well and class as friends as well as staff for the hotel. Some notable ones, particularly Kumara the best guy ever to look after a room, this man cannot do enough for you and nothing, I mean nothing is too much trouble. Islam, what can you say about this guy, he is a one man walking mind of information and helpfulness, I think the Senior Management have one great advert for this hotel in Islam and hope to see him again next year. Menchie, Jackson, Akhil, Florence plus so many new staff its difficult to point out anyone that merits more praise than another. There is one who while we there had just joined the team and think she will be a very good at her job as she attended us with a smile every time thanks Nef.

There have been some changes which, may or many not be a good thing, small things nothing of great importance but, such things as the removal of a henna tent which has been replaced with what could only be called a "caribbean" wooden shack?, shed? mmm not sure that was a good move, now if anyone wants to que for a camel ride you would be standing in the suns glare. The henna tent showed you where you were, now it could be anywhere with a white shack on a any beach. This is more a hotel for families than couples or individual travellers at the moment as the hotel moves forward with its ideas.

All in all we will return basically due to the staff more than the hotel its self.

Room Tip: The Royal Jasmine Suites have access to daytime soft drinks, coffee and sandwiches etc. and private...
1 Thank Gregsopinion
Dear Gregsopinion,

It was a great pleasure to read review from our returning guest, and I am happy to know that you had a nice and relaxing stay with us once again.

I was very pleased to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you during your stay with us, some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with my team whom you felt were helpful, and made your stay more enjoyable.

I can confirm that the management team and I are now reviewing the areas for improvement, which you have highlighted and to make any necessary changes.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back personally to Palm Tree Court.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

As with all things in life, you get what you pay for. Palm Tree Court compares very favourably with resorts in more expensive Bermuda or cheaper Jamaica. If you like Dubai, the Jebel Ali resort has the best stretch of beach on which to stroll in comparative seclusion and swim or paddle to your heart’s content. The construction of Palm Jebel Ali continues to alter the water flow (it is a shame that the seaweed cannot be actively reduced) but such negative effects are considerably less than are the case for properties around Palm Jumeirah.
Rooms are spacious, tastefully furnished with bathrooms to die for. Wake up, make a tea (Earl Grey if you want), turn on Radio 2 (channel 62 on your TV) and sit on your patio/balcony with door open watching beach staff prepare sun beds for guests to use while you read your complimentary copy of Gulf News. Feeling peckish, then your breakfast buffet offers every option from fresh fruit platters to full English or even smoked salmon etc – you can literally help yourself to as much or as little as you want.
What can you do next – ride a camel, do an aqua class, go to the gym, play golf, have a swim, hire a water taxi, go shopping or just laze in the sun – the choice is yours. Take the free hotel shuttle service to Ibn Battuta Mall and take the Metro into the city if you want to explore on the cheap. A taxi back to the resort will be less than £20 if you prefer. Dinners at the resort come in many forms, the food is excellent. If the restaurant of your choice is fully booked then try room service for a more personalised dining experience. Above all else, try Bateaux Dubai and form your own opinion. If you value good customer service, the resort’s polite, friendly, helpful and attentive staff will do their best to provide you with what you want, when you want it and the way you want it.

Room Tip: Ground floor
2 Thank Johnsmithjd
Dear Johnsmithjd,

I was extremely pleased to know that you consider the hotel to be an oasis of tranquil luxury. It was a pleasure to read your positive comments about your accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was spacious and tastefully furnished. You have also kindly recommended the restaurants and dining experience at the resort that you enjoyed.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about the customer service provided by my team, whom you felt were good, polite, friendly, helpful and attentive. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.