“Luxury away from the hubba of sky scrapers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #20 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
London
“Luxury away from the hubba of sky scrapers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is epic.

We visited for 8 nights and stayed in a ground floor garden room with our two boys aged 5 and 2.

Basically all the other reviews cover how great the place is. For that reason I'll focus on kids stuff.

We checked in early off the Virgin Atlantic flight, Upper Class totally amazing, to find our room request was fulfilled and waiting. The Mothercare cot was all made up in the room with lovely kids bedding, Johnson and Johnson toiletries and a teddy bear.

The five year olds sofa bed was made up and he slep really well in it all week.

Food- every restaurant has a diss menu with drawing packs to keep them entertained. The high chair was always on hand, and clean! The kids were totally spoilt in the three swim up pools with milk shakes and Walls ice creams included in the all inclusive package.

Kids Club. This is total quality, Ofsted quality with British staff who have a great attitude. Max the manager was really helpful and very caring.

Babysitter- The hotel offers a service which is very professional and safe. We used it three times and the kids settled down lovely and we were totally satisfied with the professionalism Lea displayed.

General-August in Dubai is crazy hot, but not at Palm Tree Court. It has a lovely sea breeze which blows across the manicured lawns where the kids could run around safely.

Transport- new people carrier taxi's take you to and from the airport for about £30 each way. It's an easy cool journey which takes about 30 mins.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank LondonDaytripper
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear LondonDaytripper,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

I was delighted to read your review, and I was happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us!

It was great to read that you appreciated the amenities and facilities available for children at the resort. I was pleased to know that you were satisfied upon arrival, as we have met your expectations with regards to your request in accommodation, particularly having a baby cot. I would also like to thank you for your positive comments about the availability of drawing materials and high chair in the restaurants, the CoolZone, as well as our babysitting service.

Your personal acknowledgements with regards to my team were very much appreciated. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at the Palm Tree Court for 7 nights and I cannot speak highly enough of the place as a whole. The rooms are very well furnished (I think we were in one of the refurbished blocks), in particular the bathroom which we found to a very high standard. The complex is well maintained and clean. The location is slightly off the beaten track with very little directly outside of the complex but there really is no need to go offsite unless you are going on a particular trip. The staff are helpful and polite, particularly in the a la carte restaurants and on the experience desk. Service at the swim up bars by the pool was a little slow at times but not too bad. We were informed on check in that all a la cartes were fully booked which was a little disappointing however when we discussed with the experience desk we did manage to get bookings in three of the four a la carte restaurants. All three that we ate in were fantastic with a varied choice of food (based on restaurant theme). We did find that during certain times there was a little wait for La Fontana buffet restaurant and given the size of the complex I thought this restaurant was a little small. You can however also use the buffet in the hotel lobby which was never a problem. A special mention to Ushanka in The Anchor who took time out to give us an in depth overview of the complex on our first day (we found this very helpful) and was always on hand to help with any questions we had. To top it off we were provided with a number of complimentary activities which if accumulated in price would no doubt top £500 if paid for outside of our package.

I could go on forever about the good points but in a nutshell I can't find fault with this place at all and hope to return some time in the near furture.

2 Thank Scott L
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear Scott L,

It was a pleasure to know that you loved every minute of your stay with us! I was pleased to read your positive comments about the resort which you found to be well-maintained and clean, as well as the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were very well-furnished and in a very high standard.

It was nice to read that you had a chance to visit most of our restaurants across the resort. You have kindly mentioned that these restaurants were fantastic with a varied choice of food.

Please also allow me to thank you for your personal acknowledgements to my team whom you felt were helpful and polite. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back personally to Palm Tree Court.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have stayed in the resort 3 years in a row now and again had a pleasant time. This year though we have many issues which have cropped up. In short I would advice the following:

1) Book restaurants before arrival. Last few years we have had no issues this time of year. This year we could not get into half the restaurants on our stay as they where booked. This meant buffet dinner most nights which we can only take a certain amount of!

2) Clarify the room descriptions. We stayed in the garden view room in the palm tree court. The room is huge, but not suitable for a 2 adult 2 children family really. The sofa bed for the kids is uncomfortable. My kids are 6 and 9 and it was not pleasant. We traveled with another family who had 10 and 15 year olds and this was totally unstable for them really.

3) Noise/no water in the room. A couple of days during our stay we had no water in the room. This was because of works in our block, which was unexpected/no warnings! We also stayed near some sort of onsite plant which was behind our room and a couple of nights we could hear banging/drilling type noises which was not so bad in the room but very loud from the balcony.

4) The hotel seems to have become much more popular over the past year. Sunbeds difficult to get, some pools packed some days. Also, there are no pool/beach attendance this year. They used to bring along cold towels which was excellent last year but this year nothing. The swim up bars where busy, even when not busy it took ages to be served. As others have observed the personnel touch of previous years has disappeared which is unfortunate.

5) .Kids club is very good, although this year for some reason they did not have a family/kids movie night in the pool, which was brilliant last year and really enjoyed by my kids.

6) Evening entertainment is lacking in the hotel. Only live music was in the small bar area of the white orchid. I would suggest more entertainment is laid on (obviously after ramadan). Maybe some kids magicians, acrobats, music, beach parties etc. So much can be done but very little is.

All in all though we did have a good time, probably because of what we made of it and not really complained. We did near the end of the holiday make our feeling known to Mr Ahmed and Mr Yousey (apologies if I have the name incorrect) who called our room the last day to see how the holiday went.

The hotel in general is very good, food very good in Shooters (only managed to get in once!), Italian (rich sauces but nice). We had to leave the kids with the people we traveled with to get into white orchid. Food was lovely but there where loads of empty seats! We did not get into Divas at all so can't comment but our trip there last year was excellent.

I only hope this is read (it usually is by hotel staff) and these issues addressed. We where thinking of coming back next year, although having second thoughts. If they can iron out these issues it will help.

Last few years we stayed in a family garden view room at the jebel ali hotel which was excellent as you got to Hotel rooms with interconnecting doors, unfortunately this category room was no longer available according to the agent we booked through. They said we had to book 2 rooms. I would suggest the hotel simplify considerably the room categories or at least have a much better description for each room category. As mentioned already the Palm Tree garden view room we stayed in was not really (in my opinion) suitable/comfortable for 2 adults and 2 children, unless I guess the kids are younger.

Special thanks to Kemal in the concierge team who really helped us while on holiday, and the kids always requested he pick them up in the buggies to take us around the resort!

Fingers crossed I hear back from the management and the complaints we made as I still have faith in the hotel and staff.

Room Tip: Get clarification from the room the room type which you book.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank HakanYusuf
Dear HakanYusuf,

I was extremely pleased to read review from our returning guest, and I am happy to know that you had a pleasant time with us once again.

We certainly endeavour to do our best to accommodate each of our guests’ needs and preference, to ensure that everyone will have an enjoyable stay with us. With this in mind, it is sometimes challenging when we are experiencing high levels of occupancy and guests wishes to experience any similar facilities at simultaneous intervals.

It is with great regret to have learnt of your disappointment due to the unforeseen circumstances which you had experienced whilst staying with us. I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience or disturbance you may have experienced.

Nevertheless, I would like to thank you for your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was very good. I was pleased to hear that you had a chance to visit some of our restaurants across the resort, and felt that the food served was very good as well.

I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to my team who looked after you, whom you felt were helpful. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

I would also like to personally thank you for giving my Front Office management team the opportunity to discuss your concerns during your stay with us. Please rest assured that I have personally noted all the areas which you have highlighted, and I appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments and suggestions to my attention.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

As all the reviews have said great hotel all inclusive package is first class I wanted to try this hotel
as l have heard so many good things about it I booked for 4 days all inclusive when I arrived it had that wow effect on us we had arrived from another hotel that I have reviewed so was expecting high standards and had heard of all the restaurants so tried to book right away but reception could not do this to my surprise .so went to room which was outstanding. unpacked and went to book restaurants informed all restaurants booked up until the end of our stay which is a disgrace I was informed that people were booking from England so not to ruin my holiday I would just try anyway first night got into the Italian first class food. Second night this were the problem was everywhere was full remember we were on al inclusive it was my anniversary as well so walked round for hour until my wife begged the manger of the Italian to let us come in this manager was fantastic I could not thank her enough meal again first class.by this time it is time to complain which I did and lucky for me I got a reservation yepee don't let this but you off just be a little clued up to what people are doing my advice to the hotel is stop this practice let people have chance to try these great restaurants and not have buffet food all holiday. saying this it is one great place and great for children I hope to book next year .

Room Tip: check to book restaurants all rooms are good
7 Thank barry h
Dear barry h,

It was nice to read that you decided to stay with us, following other traveler’s positive reviews about the hotel and the All-Inclusive package. I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was a great place!

We take all our guest feedbacks seriously, which allows us to continuously improve. I can confirm that the management team and I are now reviewing the areas for improvement, which you have highlighted and to make any necessary changes.

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed for 3 days at Palm Tree and have to say one of the better resorts in DXB. the food was top notch, especially with live instrumental music in your ears. And in the Middle East to have peacocks to greet you in the morning, its wonderful. Overall a great experience and would love to go back soon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FoodiePhili
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear FoddiePhili,

I was extremely pleased to read that overall you had a great experience whilst staying with us, and that you would love to return. I was delighted to hear that you felt the hotel was one of the better resorts in Dubai. Please also allow me to personally thank you for your kind words about the food served in our restaurants and the live entertainment.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I booked for two nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We have stayed at the Palm Tree Court a couple of times before and had a great time, with excellent service. This time however, our problems started at the front gate where we were "welcomed" by Vishnu (I love music) who had a welcome like a rabid Rottweiler, when I informed him that I was here to stay at the hotel, I was then grilled "what is your room number ?" When I told him I had not yet checked in he grudgingly allowed me to drive in. At check-in with Menche, whose welcome was about the same as Vishnu's, we were lead through the check-in procedure without any enthusiasm finally being told all a la carte restaurants were booked for both nights, but we could eat in the buffet restaurant, when we protested we were advised we could get into the restaurant of our choice but at 9.30 - better than nothing so we agreed. We then were shown to our room which was lovely and had been nicely refurbished since our previous stay. Then I realised my UAE ID card had not been returned to me by Menche. We had brought a bottle of champagne with us, so ordered an ice bucket and two glasses, this took three phone calls, each time we tried to ring reception there was always a very long delay in them answering the phone. In then end I had to walk to reception to ask for my ID & to remind them of the ice bucket. It arrived two and a half hours after we had first asked for it. When it did arrive, the room service guy said this wasn't his fault as they had been given the wrong room number.......

We decided to the retire to the pool which had been closed. We asked why & were told "someone made poo poo". So we decided to go to the pool on the beach, the bar closed at 6pm. At 5.55pm we asked for a last order drink, only to be told the bar had closed! We returned to our room & decided to check out after our first night & rang to inform reception, the phone rang & rang & rang.... We had dinner in the Italian restaurant, at 9pm luckily being able to change it. When we arrived there were 6 empty tables that had been cleaned & re-set. So why did we originally have to wait until 9.30? the food was exceptional. However when we asked for the bill we were overcharged by one bottle of wine which we pointed and the charge was removed, still not good though....

The following morning we had the buffet breakfast, again which was excellent. The Duty Manager, Osman, was extremely apologetic & encouraged us not to check out & that he had managed to arrange for us to have dinner at the White Orchid at 8.30. His gesture was very sincere, but unfortunately the damage had been done. It was such a shame as the hotel & the grounds are so beautiful and very clean, but all the staff lacked friendliness & enthusiasm, you could almost the feel the atmosphere. Such a disappointment, which was meant to have been a weekend of celebration.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Nicola T
Dear Nicola T,

I was delighted to know that you and your wife decided to celebrate your wedding anniversary with us following your great experiences you have had in the past. I was however most disappointed to know that we have fallen short in many areas, and that have not met your expectations in any way on this occasion. I would like to sincerely apologise for any disappointment or frustration experienced, and I can assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual practices.

It is in our best interest to immediately resolve any matters where by our guests are not satisfied, and I would like to thank you for giving my Front Office management team the opportunity to discuss your concerns during your stay with us.

I do appreciate how disappointing and frustrating it was for you, especially due to it being a special occasion. I would therefore invite you to contact me directly at generalmanager.jagr@jaresorts.com or please provide us with a contact number so we can discuss this matter in more details.

Despite your disappointment, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to hearing from you.

harlow, uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

As the title suggests I think you ll be hard pressed to find a better all inc package than what's offered by PTC. As well as a phenomenal range of branded alcohol and superb dine around a la carte dining options get to try shooting, clays or 9mm, a massage at the spa and watersports. magnum ice creams and tubs of Haagen Daas, bottles of corona......basically everything apart from Guinness and cider.

This was our 4th visit and it never fails to please. No doubt be back in 2014!!!!

The Friday and Saturday beach club vibe with DJ is very popular and a great afternoon.

All the staff are great, and Fredrik the GM clearly runs a well oiled and slick operation.

White orchid and shooters meals were outstanding........

Staff in Fontana restaurant also superb.........

Room Tip: Ask for the first block to save a walk especially if going in the hotter months!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear colinchap,

It was indeed a pleasure to read review from our returning guest, and I am happy to know that we have always met your expectations.

I was pleased to read your positive comments with regards to the facilities and amenities available at the resort, as well as the All-Inclusive package. You have also kindly mentioned that the meals available in our very own restaurants, in particular White Orchid and Shooters were outstanding.

I would personally like to thank you for your kind words about my team whom you felt were great and superb. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.