JA Palm Tree Court
$902
$735
Jumeirah.com
Hilton Dubai Creek(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$136
$122
$479
$382
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The H Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$184
$174
JA Ocean View Hotel(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$184
$4,628
$379
Jumeirah.com
$824
$357
  • Pool
Roda Al Murooj(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$190
$831
$762
$65
$54
Agoda.com
3,397 results
All reviewswhite orchidall inclusive packagela fontanaanchor barsignature loungejebel alicorona barshooting clubsignatures loungepeacocks roamingsports cafeshooting rangebutler teamelemis productsa ground floor roomgarden viewa la carte restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Firstly - is this a 5 star business class hotel - No. Is this great place to have a family holiday - Absolutely. The quality of rooms, and food were fantastic, the major thing that let the hotel down was the number of staff available in certain key areas, namely breakfast restaurants and pool bar where service was slow - but, it was a holiday and we were in no rush to do anything quickly. That said, we would definitely return time and again because of the quality of the experience, and would strongly recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gordon1961
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Gordon1961,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

It was a great pleasure to read your review, and I was happy to know that you would strongly recommend the hotel and return in the future! I would also like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the quality of our hotel rooms, as well as the food served which you kindly mentioned was fantastic.

I have further noted your feedback with regards to the service which you experienced during your stay with us, and I appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with our management team, and I would like to assure you that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I really love this hotel. The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. We have stayed here many times and always feel special on our return.
The White Orchid restaurant is a real gem, the food is lovely, and the staff lead by Chris are wonderful. The Signatures lounge maned by Islam and his team is a lovely relaxing place for pre dinner drinks. The only down side was sadly a British family who lowered the tone, by sitting in the lounge in their beachwear. There really needs to be a notice of the dress code at the entrance, this would make it much easier for the butlers to refuse admission.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear mitchcole,

I was extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed your holiday again with us. I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding our very own White Orchid restaurant which you have kindly mentioned was a real gem, as well as the food which you found to be lovely. Please also allow me to thank you for your positive remarks regarding the Signatures lounge which you felt to be a relaxing place for pre-dinner drinks.

I have also noted your feedback, which I appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments. Please rest assured that I have shared your welcomed feedback to our Director of Front Office for further review.

Your praise for our team who looked after you whilst staying with us is highly appreciated, some of whom you have kindly mentioned were wonderful; I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court on your next visit, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was our first time transiting through Dubai on our way to Rome to start a three week holiday cruising the Med.

We booked a two day stopover at Palm Tree Court six months in advance in a beachfront junior suite. When we arrived we were advised we had been upgraded to a Residence which was a beachfront suite. We were taken to our room which was the furthest beachfront room from the pools and facilities in the resort. I was advised although we had been upgraded we were not entitled to any of the benefits associated with the upgrade such as entry to the Residence members pool.

Although the resort is lovely despite being miles from nowhere and the food was excellent I would not return to Palm Tree Court or Dubai. This not because our Palm Tree Court experience was bad despite the pseudo upgrade it's that there are better places for us to stopover.

In future we will return to using the Asian hubs like Hong Kong or Singapore as these destinations are not unpleasantly hot like Dubai ( 40+ during our stay ) and offer a more diverse experience during our stay.

In a nutshell Dubai is not easy to get around, is unbearably hot , really doesn't have much to offer and is more hassle to get in and out of then the Asian hubs. We won't be returning.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nigel H
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Nigel H,

It is with great disappointment that I read your review, and your comments about not returning back to the resort.

I was most saddened to read your comments about the room upgrade and the associated benefits, please accept my sincere apologies for any shortfall on this occasion, and I will personally address your feedback to our Front Office Manager for immediate attention and review.

I would be most interested in discussing your feedback in more detail and would therefore invite you to contact me directly at fredrik.reinisch@jaresorts.com to allow us to address all of your concerns further.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very disappointing!

My husband and I booked a Beach Front Junior Suite at the Palm Tree Court on an all inclusive basis. It wasn’t beach front and it wasn’t all inclusive. The accommodation would be more suitably described as sea view rather than beach front. We were in block three. Although we could see the sea from our balcony, it certainly couldn’t be described as beach front. It was actually quite a walk to the beach from our accommodation; we had to walk across the gardens and pass another building before we finally reached the beach approximately 200 metres away; it’s definitely not worth upgrading to ‘beach front’.

The ‘all inclusive’ was also very misleading. The mini bar in our room was not included; various alcoholic drinks were not included and none of the chef’s speciality menus in any of the restaurants were included. This would not have been an issue if we had been made aware of this at the time of booking; we were aware that Champagne was not included but were very surprised when ordering our first drinks, a Bacardi and Coke and a Malibu and Orange, to be told they were not in the all inclusive package, but we could pay if we wanted them. Fresh juices, Cider, and various other items were not available on the ‘all inclusive’ package.

The food was ok, varied but nothing outstanding. I have a gluten allergy and enquired one evening if a particular dessert was gluten free. A waiter went to the kitchen to make enquires on my behalf. Meanwhile a waitress and a chef approached me asking if I enquired about gluten free. I pointed to the dessert in question and was informed that it did not contain gluten. I took a portion of the dessert and returned to our table. I had eaten half of the dessert when the original waiter returned to inform me that the chef recommended that I didn’t have the dessert in question as he couldn’t guarantee that it was gluten free; too late! Luckily, I have a gluten intolerance and am not celiac so apart from swelling and abdominal pain no real damage was done.

On returning to our hotel at approximately 7pm, after a very long hot day in Dubai, (temperatures in the mid forties) we were in desperate need of refreshment. As the pool bar had already closed we went to the Orchid bar. There are just the two bars in the Palm Tree Court, all of the other bars are located in the Jebel Ali Hotel. As we reached the bar, before even having the opportunity to place an order, we were informed that we could not be served as my husband was wearing shorts. We explained that we had just returned from Dubai, the pool bar was closed and we were in need of soft drinks before returning to our room. We were advised that we would have to use the bar in the Jebel Ali Hotel.

We actually paid extra to stay at the Palm Tree Court so to be told that we had to use the facilities in the Jebel Ali was very annoying; it was also quite a distance to walk. It would have been much nicer if the staff had suggested we took a drink to the reception area, instead of just ushering us out of the bar

After showering and changing for the evening we went back to the Orchid bar for a pre-dinner drink. My husband was wearing smart casual trousers a shirt and sandals. This time we were ushered straight out of the bar. We were told that we would not be served as my husband was wearing sandals! The dress code states ‘smart casual’ it does not explain the definition of ‘smart casual’ and there is no information advising that gentlemen are not permitted to wear shorts or sandals in certain bars. There were guests in the bar wearing jeans t-shirts and trainers, not particularly smart but being served nevertheless; and rightly so as they were on holiday, which is supposed to be a time of relaxation and enjoyment; not embarrassment and frustration.

We noticed that the Arabian men in local dress were wearing sandals and were being served in the Orchid Bar. We pointed this out to the staff and were told they were allowed to wear sandals as it is their local dress. We asked to speak to a manager due to this discriminatory attitude. The duty manager, Martin, informed my husband that local people were allowed to wear sandals in the Orchid Bar but unfortunately holiday makers were not!

The very next evening whilst we were sitting in the Orchid bar an Arabian gentleman wearing western dress, long trousers a shirt and sandals, was served without question; he stood drinking with three other gentleman who were wearing local dress.

The situation regarding dress code in this bar could be easily remedied so as not to cause guests the embarrassment of being asked to leave.

1. Provide an alternative bar in the Palm Tree Court where men are permitted to wear shorts, or keep the pool bar open later than 6pm.

2. Provide clear information as to code of dress. Also, if sandals are not to be worn by men in certain areas, it should apply to ALL men irrespective of what style clothing they are wearing or their nationality.

There is nothing to do during the evening. The live entertainment in the Orchid bar consists of a very good singer accompanied by a musician. However, it’s basically background music.

On a positive note, the rooms are clean; the gardens are well kept; the pools are clean as is the beach. There were plenty of available sun beds, sun shades and towels.

Now I’m afraid it’s downhill again. The service at the pool bars is extremely slow; for the duration of our visit 17 June to 24 June, there was just one person serving at the pool bar each day. They do a fantastic job under the circumstances. There is no waiter service around the pool or on the beach; neither serving nor clearing glasses/bottles.

The views from the beach are very disappointing, there is no gazing out to sea from here! Views are marred by the partial construction of an abandoned palm. Concrete supports from the mono rail are clearly visible to the left of the beach and directly in front; it appears that construction stopped some time ago; quite reminiscent of an ‘end of the world movie’.

To the right of the hotel the view incorporates cranes, cargo ships and construction towers of the docks, which are very close by. Certainly not scenic by any stretch of the imagination,

The peacocks, which appear to be everywhere, look very charming upon arrival. However, when they start their calling at about 5am every morning they are not so appealing. The captain’s bar/restaurant seems to be a hang out for the peacocks. They leave their mark all over the floor, which at times can be mistaken for human excrement; nobody appears to clean this mess up. If you do go there be careful you don’t tread in it.

The hotel is quite a distance from Dubai Centre, however the hotel runs a free bus service to and from the Atlantis Hotel and Dubai Mall; the journey takes about an hour. The cost of a taxi is £25 with a journey time of 40 minutes.

We visited Dubai a few years ago; the previous resort in which we stayed provided excellent "five stars plus" service, both inside the hotel and on the beach/pool areas. The Palm Tree Court, listed as five stars, was nowhere near the standard that we were expecting. A five star rating for this hotel is extremely generous. In our experience three stars or a poor four stars would be adequate.

Room Tip: Don't bother with seafront
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank TonyRomford
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear TonyRomford,

It is with great disappointment that I read your review. It is certainly not our intention to have any of our guests disappointed, and I would like to sincerely apologies for this experience.

I have noted your comments with regards to your accommodation and the beach access. I would like to inform you that there is no obstruction between the Beach Front Villas and the beach. I would invite any concerned guests to see for themselves the view of the hotel on the Google map.

In relation to your feedback about the All Inclusive package, we have the most updated information displayed on our website and we are very clear on what is included in our All Inclusive package. You may also click the below link http://www.jaresortshotels.com/Hotels/Home.aspx for detailed information.

I was deeply disappointed to learn about your unfortunate experience at the White Orchid Bar. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience or frustration caused, and I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention, Rest assured that your feedback on TripAdvisor has been discussed in detail and actions have or are in the process on being implemented to improve in the areas mentioned.

Your feedback regarding the evening entertainment is highly appreciated; we do have live music in White Orchid and live entertainment in Mushref Bar as well as DJ at the Captains Bar. Nonetheless, your feedback has been discussed with the management team.

I have also noted your comments with regards to the level of service and your overall experience at the resort. I would welcome the opportunity to obtain further information from yourself, if you could kindly contact me directly at fredrik.reinisch@jaresorts.com

Despite the above, I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in Palm Tree Court, and once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed in a Royal Jasmine Suite for a weeks holiday and it was definitely worth paying for the upgrade. The resort is about 30-40 mins drive from the airport and a complimentary airport transfer service to and from the resort is included in the suite rate. Being a little out of the city also meant that it was lovely and quiet.

I understand that the resort has been recently refurbished and all the communal areas and our suite were furnished and finished to a high standard.

All the staff were genuinely friendly, happy and helpful whether they were working on reception, in the numerous restaurants, cleaning or working on the beach (Mario being notablly friendly and helpful). Having access to the butler team was lovely - this also included access to afternoon tea in the butler's lounge as well as early evening drinks and canapes amongst other things.

We dined at a different restaurant each night and the food and service was all of a high standard, the breakfast buffet in White Orchid each morning was great with a large variety of options available as well as eggs cooked to order.

Although Palm Tree Court is not quite as luxurious as other 5* resorts around the genuinely friendly, happy and helpful staff make this a cut above the rest - would definitely recommend if you are looking for a relaxing stay in Dubai (although you can also play golf and go shooting if you choose).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HappyDays32
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear HappyDays32,

I would like to thank you for review and your kind words in relation to the resort and all the facilities, including the dining options that we have at the resort. Your praise for our team who looked after you whilst staying with us is highly appreciated and some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back personally to Palm Tree Court in the near future.