“The Best hotel we have stayed in”
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #22 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
worthing
“The Best hotel we have stayed in”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have been here for four days from the 19th and we love everything about it all the staff are very friendly and cannot do enough for you. We have room 470 which is great for us as i have to walk with a stick so no problems with steps in this room. I Would like to mention Rajitha at the Anchor bar and Joyce at the white Orchid and lots more they make the palm tree court a great place to be on holiday. Will be putting more reviews on when we get back

• Stayed April 2013
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Ann47Worthing,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

I am extremely pleased to know that you had an excellent stay with us. I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, and the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was great!

I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team whom you felt were always friendly. I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have just returned from the Palm Tree Court Hotel in Dubai, we went there to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary. We stayed on an all inclusive basis, checking in was a breeze and we were upgraded to the Residence suites which was very nice.(Thank you!). The staff were all very attentive, polite and helpful and could not be faulted in anyway. The suite was immaculate, comfortable and had a lovely balcony overlooking the beach and green grass. We had a problem with the air conditioning but this was fixed within 30 minutes of making the call to reception. The Residence is the furthest away, and is a short walk to the restaurants and main lobby, we enjoyed the walk at breakfast passing through the immaculate gardens, bridges, fountains, waterfalls and peacocks! The food was amazing wether eating in the themed restaurants or buffet with a selection that would suit anyones taste. We would recommend the all inclusive package as this covers everything the drinks are all top quality and international brands not the usual house beers and wines. The hotel is outside Dubai and is about 25 - 40 minute drive on the free shuttle bus, which offers an excellent service, we got a taxi back once from the Emirates Mall one night which cost 100 dirham, about £18. We liked the fact that we could get into the main city and see all the sites, but could also relax in a beautiful setting without skyscrapers spoiling the view. If your planning to go into Dubai everyday it is probably not the best choice, but if like us you wanted a lovely balance of a peaceful resort coupled with two or three visits into Dubai it is perfect. Do not be put off by any of the negative reviews, we loved it and it deserves its 5 star rating, well done Palm Tree Court and thank you for a lovely holiday, we will see you again soon!

Room Tip: The rooms are in blocks, 900 Residence (we stayed in Room 980) being the furthest away and the most...
1 Thank Christopher L
Dear Christopher L,

I am extremely pleased to know that you had an excellent stay with us, and I was happy to know that you also celebrated your 20th wedding anniversary during your vacation!

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort and it facilities, the peacocks and the gardens, the bridges, fountains and the waterfalls. I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you whilst staying with us. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Having stayed in Dubai on several occasions, including a very expensive week at burg alarab staying out of the city at jebel Ali was going to be different
Arrived to find reception understated and was concerned that maybe this hotel was going to lack the glitz and glamour. However once introduced to our room I started to feel more at home. It was very comfortable and had a beautiful outlook on the beach and elemis products provided in the bathroom. I recommend anyone staying should your budget allow to pay for sea room and if possible stay at residence or jasmine suites. This allows you access to special pool side areas with waiter service. This is where we stayed and had a suite. Jebel Ali hotel itself looked very dour so pay extra if poss and stay at palm tree
We stayed 8 nights and had a fabulous holiday. The restaurants were amazing and considering we were all inclusive blew us away with the quality and Attention to detail. Divas fish restaurant utterly amazingly situated in the marina and the same goes for shooters, where you can pistol or riffle shoot too under instruction
The tennis coach was excellent and the 9 hole golf course challenging and reasonably priced for Dubai. It isn't,t on par with montgomery or emirates but still extremely good
In the inclusive package we had one round of golf, spa treatment, tennis lesson plus more so overall brilliant. We paid for twilight golf and it was approx £25 pp for 9 holes inc buggy so very reasonable
The staff mainly from Sri Lanka and India were extremely polite and accommodated every need. We don't often want to return anywhere despite how excellent it may have been but my partner and I are definitely going back here next April on the all inclusive package
The wine list is superb and so are the cocktails. Only downside is the the gym there is located at the golf club and so too far to pop into and consequently we didn't
To summaries this hotel palm tree has beautiful rooms amazing food and drink and great facilities. Ideal for anyone seeking sun relaxation on a resort. It is 30 mins minimum out of Dubai so not ideal for anyone looking to experience other parts of the city. Having already done that this was a perfect retreat for us
Also the resort is overtaken with peacocks, beautiful to see where ever you are they will be next to you

Room Tip: Pay extra for suite in residence or jasmine... In my opinion worth the access to private pool area
1 Thank Kay T
Dear Kay T,

I am extremely pleased to know that you had fabulous holiday with us, and that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package. I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, the Golf Club, as well as the Spa. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the food and the drinks across the resort in particular Divaz and Shooters which you have kindly mentioned were amazing!

I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team whom you felt were very polite and accomodating to your every need. I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have just returned after a 5 night stay AI in the Palm Tree Court and as the title of the review suggests, I have a mixed impression overall of our stay.
The resort is a little out of Dubai, and as we approached the hotel I did think, OMG where have we booked?....(Lovely if you like looking at the docks!!!) But as you enter the hotel, the grounds are lovely and I started to feel a little better. As we have been to Dubai before (not this hotel) we knew we were unlikely to be allocated our room as soon as we arrived (9.00am) and so packed accordingly. However the Front desk were very efficient and we had a room by around 10.30am so we were pleasantly surprised. We had requested a high floor and quiet room, unfortunately we were given a room on the middle floor, which was fine the first night until we were joined the following night by what sounded like a furniture removal company above us, who started moving things about around midnight and finished at 4.30am by the constant slamming of doors. We approached Reception the following day and to cut a long story short we switched rooms. We were then put in the next block along on the top floor in a corner room, lovely, until the nesting peacocks started squawking........
The rooms are big and comfortable and the bathrooms lovely, very clean and spacious.
The food in the hotel is fab. Breakfast is buffet style and we made the mistake of going into the Ground floor restaurant the first morning and I thought I was at Butlins/food fight buffett. If you want a civilised breakfast without the constant shouting of parents and screaming of ill mannered children (of which some had scooters and bikes in the breakfast restaurant??!!), go to the quieter White Orchid on the 1st floor. We had lunch in the beachfront restaurant and dinner in both La Traviata, Shooters and the Sports Bar, managing to escape the evening buffet every night so I can't comment on this. You will need to book all restaurants apart from the buffet style through the experience desk. One of the ladies on there, I think it's Lara was fab and she sorted most things for us, but there are others who appear to really not want to be there, so unfortunately it really depends on who you get to what service you receive.
In my opinion Shooters is the best restaurant, although not on the complex it is sooooo worth the visit. The steak is AMAZING!!!! and the staff are great. We also took advantage of the complimentary clay pigeon shooting which again was fab.
My husband played golf a couple of times and was impressed, but we mostly sat in the sun and walked up and down the beach. The beach is lovely plenty of room but the view of the docks and the building work to the Palm may not be some peoples cup of tea.
All in all the hotel is lovely, rooms and grounds great, majority of staff are very helpful and I'm so glad we were on an all inclusive basis.
If I were to make any constructive comments it would be to make 1 block of rooms adults only, maybe the one furthest away from the main block and at breakfast time make a section or all of the White Orchid at breakfast for adults only. The other thing, which is impossible, is to move the hotel nearer Dubai....... I would return if there were less kids/or adults only sections and some of the other holiday makers from a particular part of the world learnt some manners.....

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, they are quieter.
Dear FussySam,

I would firstly like to thank you for your very detailed review, which was a pleasure to read. I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, the accommodation, the All Inclusive package as well as the quality of the food and beverages that you enjoyed, in particular the Shooter Restaurant which you kindly mentioned was amazing.

I have noted your comments regarding the dock and palm construction building work, which unfortunately is beyond our control; however I would like to express my sincere apoligies for any inconvenience and discomfort caused during your stay.

Please rest assured that we are very grateful indeed for the points you brought to our attention, and your feedback on TripAdvisor has been discussed in detail and actions have or are in the process on being implemented to improve in the areas mentioned.

You have also kindly mentioned that our associates were friendly and polite, which I would like to thank you for, and I will ensure your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future.

NW England
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We arrived at 9am and went off to enjoy the facilities whilst we waited for our room. By 11am we had all decided that we wanted to stay for an extra few nights, without having even seen our room! This place is paradise, loads of quiet space, loungers guaranteed even though the hotel was full. Everything is so beautiful, clean, efficient and all the staff smile constantly. The kids club is superb. When we got into our beachfront suite we all decided we wanted to stay an extra week. Love this place and cannot wait to get back there as soon as possible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear scrummymummy09,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the resort, its facilities, and the cleanliness across the resort which you have kindly mentioned was beautiful!

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments about our Kids Club – Cool Zone and my team who looked after you while staying with us. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Bath
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I suppose the fact that we had chosen as a family (with 2 kids aged 15 and 12) to return to Palm Tree Court speaks volumes. Our last visit was in 2011 so we were able to see the changes that had been made in the resort. The newly extended Wild Orchid restuarant is stunning and defintely our preferred location for a quieter breakfast experience and the new pool whilst it looked lovely was like a hot bath by the end of the day (yuck). Thank you for the resort extra's like the complimentary 30 minute massage, tennis coaching and sofa bed ride in the sea - we took full advantage of them all.

We booked a beachfront room for this trip and were not disappointed - the room felt large, airy and modern and the beds were definitely far more comfortable compared to our last visit. Nan, our room attendant was simply lovely, not only did she try to clean our room each day at a time which suited us but she was also a geniune pleasure to talk to. As I often mention in my trip advisor reviews just taking a little time out to speak to members of staff is often surprisingly humbling and rewarding. Palm Tree Court make this much easier as all the employees have a little phrase about themselves under their name - which resulted in many engaging debates on the pros and cons of Indian, Sri Lankan and English cricket.

The resort was very busy last week especially around the pools so we simply choose to use the loungers on the grass in front of the Palm Tree Court buildings which were much more peaceful. I'm sure the very short walk to the pools and restuarants might have been seen as a pain for some but certainly not for us.

We were on an All Inclusive package which worked brilliantly for us. We ate twice in the Wild Orchid resturant which was outstanding on both occasions. The desserts frankly looked like works of art. One evening my husband asked our waitress what a particular spice in one of the dishes was and within a couple of minutes the head chef had appeared with the spice plant itself so we could see it. We also ate the Italian twice, again excellent food and extremely friendly service. We loved the Sports Cafe where we were always assured of great food and particularly professional service (excellent organisation, employees and management here).

Our 12 year old son had a couple of golf lessons with Stuart, the resort professional which he thoroughly enjoyed whilst also learning a huge amount in just 30 minutes. The downside for me is that it has re-ignited his desire to play golf which means trying to fit golf into an already very busy cricket season. Both children had a horse riding lesson and resort walk & trot. The lesson was outstanding and the trainer very friendly and I would recommend her to anyone (I booked in advance before leaving the UK which was probably a good plan). The horses and stables always looked clean and tidy.

We all had massages at the Spa. The attention to detail was excellent and the service very friendly and that was before we had even had our massage. The massage treatments were exceptional and very relaxing but it was particularly pleasing to see that my son and daughter experienced exactly the same level of service as us including a hot neck massager in the relaxation area and fruit.

As with all resorts there is always room for improvement. The service in the two beach bars and restuarants could be very slow. I think this was simply down to the resort being full but when the resort is full, you need more people and/or a different organisation.

We returned to England feeling relaxed and a lot less tired than we had been when we arrived. Thank you to all the employees we came into contact with, we enjoyed your company.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank milkyway01
Dear milkyway01,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

I am extremely pleased to ready your review and kind words about the resort; its facilities, the accommodation; the quality of the food and drinks, as well as the All Inclusive package which you have kindly mentioned was brilliant!

I can assure you that the management team and I are now looking into the areas of improvement which you have highlighted, which allows us to continually improve so we can avoid such shortcomings in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the future.

Royston, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have just spent eight nights in Dubai, the first five in the Hatta Fort Hotel owned by the same group. We had originally booked the Jebel Ali Hotel on the same resort but when we arrived had been upgraded to the Palm Tree Court.

We had a smalll problem with check concerning what I thought was a pre payment, but the efficient manager calmed the situation.As our room was not ready and being on an all inclusive package we went for lunch at the buffet restuarant. First impressions were of a little organised chaos with queing etc.We had chance to enjoy a good buffet offering all manner of well prepared and tasty food and drink.We realised at a resort this size and at the time we were eating we should accept this. Quick tip if you have kids eat early if not go a little later.

Waiting for our room we manged to book a meal at Divas the floating seafood restaurant. A no kids night. When we got to our room we were surprised at just how spacious and well equiped it was.Fantastic bathroom and a shower to die for. A quick unpack and off to discover the resort. Busy and lively but you can always find a quiet spot. We did by the main hotel pool where we were served drinks by a great guy Hany who was always there for the three days pouring drinks helping with restaurant bookings or having a chat when not busy.

Our first nights meal was excellent. The golf cart 'taxi' a boon.Seafood and fish amazing. We ate diner at two other restaurants, Shooters and La Traviata both offering excellent food and drink coupled with helpful waiters who were both atentive and knowledgable. Breakfasts were taken on the terrace at the White Orchid and lunch at the La Fontana buffet. The chioce and attention to detail exceptional.

I played a couple of rounds of golf and there again the staff were so happy to help and be of service. A good test of golf. Only nine holes but depending what tees you played off changed the course totally.

Some might say that this is an expensive hotel but you get what you pay for. A superb 5 star resort where guests are treated so well. It would be remiss of me not to thank some staff for their help. Without names but they will know who they are.The managers of the restaurants, front of house booking manager and the reception staff. Each member of staff has a name badge with a little comment about them underneath. A great conversation starter.

Mine would be Room 786... We will return and thank you.

Looking forward to next year and doing the things we missed.

5 Thank Gary P
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Gary P,

It was great to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! I would like to thank you for your kind words about the resort and its facilities, which you have kindly mentioned were fantastic. I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to the food and drinks that you have enjoyed across the resort during your stay with us.

Your praise for my team who looked after you is highly appreciated and some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future.