“Atmospheric, beautiful, relaxing, enjoyable and pure pleasure.”
Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #21 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Stoke on Trent
“Atmospheric, beautiful, relaxing, enjoyable and pure pleasure.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Unusually I am writing this review after only three days of our 16 day stay however as this is the nicest hotel that my family and I have ever had the pleasure to stay in it is easy to offer this review prior to returning home.
The resort is stunning with well kept paths incorporating pools,streams, flowers and peacocks !
The private beach is beautiful and very well maintained.
The various eating establishments (on site ) are all excellent and the staffs attitude is also second to none. Very importantly, when walking around the resort at night you feel very safe.
Our ground flour beach front accommodation (room 377) is clean, well maintained and the bathroom (with walk in shower) is very pleasant indeed. The view from our room is of our garden area, followed by trees, beach and the the sea. It is beautiful and very,very relaxing.
Some of my colleagues use this resort (when in Dubai on business) and recommended this to me as well. They did not steer me wrong, an absolute oasis of calm. ***** (5 stars from me).
Will I stay here again.....definitely !

Room Tip: Ground floor suites with private garden area are great for relaxing with family.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ian C
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Ian C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

I am extremely pleased to know that you had an excellent stay with us, and that you enjoyed the peacocks, the various restaurants across the resort which you have kindly mentioned were excellent. I would also like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the pool and beach, the cleanliness of the grounds, which you have mentioned were well maintained, as well as the rooms that has a sea view and gardens which you felt very relaxing and pleasant.

I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you whilst staying with us. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Midlands
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I can honestly say that this is a truly fabulous hotel! We had a garden room, huge and luxurious! The staff are amazing and so attentive! Restaurants are fab and food top notch! The entertainment is of a high quality! Truly amazing singing artists! The hotel is apx 25 mins from Dubai, shuttle bus available that drops at a few locations! We got a taxi back one evening and it was less than £20. Go! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Midlands56
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Midlands56,

I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the hotel, the accommodation, the complimentary shuttle service, the entertainment and the foods available in our restaurants which you have kindly mentioned was of the highest quality.

I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team whom you felt were amazing and attentive. I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 23, 2013

It was my 7th stay at this hotel, I started in 2009 and every year I like to visit it once or twice , so I already tested every thing there.. During the week ends the room service and the buggy sometimes is too late.. But usually during weekdays it's very nice and so fast.. I like the kids club too much specially they make a small buffet for kids and they feed them.. I liked the old system of the kids club witch allows parents to join them but now it's not allowed , I don't know the reason yet but any way I didn't enjoy my last visit coz my little daughter couldnot stay there without me..the buffet restaurant is really nice specially the Arabic night ( Friday ) but the room service food is not that much nice in price and quantity .. I liked the most the beach , pools and nature , rooms are nice and big, my last visit my son enjoyed the sofa bed and my daughter enjoyed her clean babycought .. Over all I will keep visiting this hotel if I still have the money ..

Keep it up and really one of the best hotels I ever visit in middle east

Room Tip: Beach front junior suite ,,,,, the best room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ahmed E
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Ahmed E,

As a regular visitor to the resort, it was a pleasure to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, the accommodation, as well as the pool and beach.

I was however disappointment to read your feedback regarding your experience at the Cool Zone, and I would like to inform you that we have appointed “Worldwide Kids Company” a professional childcare expert from the UK, with the aim of providing exceptional services and facilities to our guests as we consider the safety of all the children above everything else.

Belfast, Northern Ireland
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I recently spent 10 nights at the Palm Tree Court with my wife and 18 month old son and have nothing but praise for the resort. We arrived at around 2am in the morning after a long flight from Dublin and were quickly checked into our room which was found to be spotlessly clean, and more than enough space for the three of us. A travel cot was set up for us on arrival meaning we were all quickly asleep and ready for our holiday.

The resort consists of the Jebal Ali Beach Hotel, and the adjacent Palm Tree Court. I had initially booked the JABH but after reading the reviews on here changed to the PTC. I am very happy i did, as although the JABH looks amazing, and I’m sure is just as nice as the PTC, the PTC looks like its more geared toward families by its very setup of apartment style accommodation rather than a hotel room. Guests from both hotels can use all the facilities and restaurants, so there is no shortage of choice. We opted of the all inclusive package with a ground floor beach front room. This was perfect as our little boy had so much fun running around on the grass and beach while we watched from our patio. The beach is perfect, and freshly groomed every morning. Whilst the view is of the Jebal Ali Palm, construction has stopped so there is no noise and i wouldn’t call it an eye sore by any means like others have said (head to the Mustaf bar at the top of the JABH for a great very of the Palm!). The sheer amount of open space is one of the many great things about this place! The food was excellent all round, with a choice of restaurants and buffets in each hotel. We opted more for the buffet as we felt more at ease with our toddler having the odd tantrum! There is one buffet in each restaurant and they run different theme nights every night for dinner, meaning that the menus are always changing. I cannot tell you just how good the food was, the tastiest and freshest hotel food i have ever had, nothing compares to it!!

The staff were really friendly and always had time to stop and play with our son.

The resort itself is a good 45 min journey from the airport in the dead of night, so to drive to the centre of Dubai during the day could take the best part of an hour. The hotel runs various courtesy coaches from the hotel to various locations such as the Atlantis, Dubai Mall, and Ibn Battuta mall. Many of these coaches stopped at the Ibn Battuta mall on the way to and from other places, and we found the best way to get around was to take the bus to Ibn Battuta and then the Metro on from there. Not only is the Metro a great way to see the city, its fast, very modern, clean, very very cheap, and more toddler friendly than sitting in a coach. Don’t make the mistake of getting the Metro all they way to Jebal Ali station as we did thinking we could taxi it from there, there are no taxis at this station, so we had to go back to Ibn Battuta where there are lots. Taxis are a cheap way to get around also, and much cheaper than the UK, so we occasionally took a taxi from the Metro station to the hotel. Don’t let the distance from Dubai put you off, its part of the attraction of this place, as its away from all the noise of the city!

There is so much more I could write about this place but its all praise, i can not recommend this hotel enough!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank tgawn
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear tgawn,

I am extremely pleased to know that you had an excellent stay with us, and that you enjoyed the All Inclusive package. I would like to thank you for your very kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities, the gardens as well as for the complimentary shuttle bus service. You have also kindly mentioned that the hotel was well-equipped and has spacious rooms, and I was happy to read that you enjoyed the selection and quality of food across the resort.

I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team whom you felt were always friendly and had time to play with your child. I will ensure that these compliments are shared with them.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Ascot, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have had a fantastic family holiday, 6 adults and one toddler all catered for. Excellent service from really friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you. Food very good, the all inclusive works very well with additional extras, like free golf, massage, and a water sport thrown in. We have been travelling to Dubai for the last 15 years and have stayed at most of the hotels through business and pleasure and for a family holiday you cannot beat this hotel, it has got better and better.

Room Tip: We had a garden room, cheaper then the beach front but only a very short walk to the beach
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank j2music
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear j2music,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

I was pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities, as well as the All Inclusive package which you found to work very well.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the future..

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel offers everything you need for a vacation. Golf, beautiful large private beach, shooting range, water activities, tennis, beach volleyball, scuba, putt-putt golf, work-out gym, game room and much, much more. I have traveled extensively and this hotel offered the most activities for my family (includes 2 teenagers). Hotel even offers free shuttle service to many local malls.

We stayed at the Palm Tree Court. I would highly recommend! Massive rooms and furnished balcony coupled with impeccable maid service that includes bed turn-down and a second bathroom cleaning with fresh towels and bottled water at night. Staying with Palm Tree Court for 3 nights or more you receive several “value added” features such as bottle of wine and fruit at check-in, free daily beverage, free 30 minutes massage, one watersport activity, one 9 hole greens fee, round of clay shooting and several more activities.

A major plus for this resort is that the Palm Tree Court and Jebel Ali Hotel are right beside of each other sharing facilities. This equals to several pools, lounging areas, beach space, and restaurants to choose from.

I would recommend you do the math on the all-inclusive offer. We booked rooms that included breakfast and paid for our other meals, drinks, and activities. I came out on-top over the all-inclusive. We stayed 5 nights. (Got this idea from another Trip advisor recommendation.)

Best restaurant and service by far was Shooters offering “Steak-Mex” quality food. My husband commented that his steak was one of the best he has had. Our family ate here 3 times during our vacation. Many thanks to the manager and staff for the attentive service and for arranging a birthday cake celebration. Also to mention was the breakfast buffet in the morning at Palm Tree, simply put…it offers everything.

Areas that need improvement:
The front desk. Had to wait to check-in. Had to wait to get assistance. Had to wait when checked out. Had to wait to book an activity. Several times there was only one person working the front. Not acceptable customer service!! I got tired of waiting one time and even asked if there was someone else that could assist and was told no.

Taxi service. We called ahead for a taxi one night and when we went to retrieve waited 45 minutes before we gave up. There were others waiting for a taxi and over heard them say they had been waiting close to an hour.

Service throughout restaurants is not consistent. Dined at Captains and received HORRIBLE dinner service. We did not order any starters and waited about 50 minutes before we got our meals and this was after inquiring 2 times about our food. It was not busy. We were there at opening and were the second family seated.

Work-out area needs a serious facelift. Outdated machines and all of them did not work.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank luv2run1712
Dear luv2run1712,

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities, as well as the All Inclusive package which you found to great value. You have also kindly mentioned the quality of the food and beverages that you enjoyed, in particular the Shooter Restaurant.

We appreciate all feedback which allows us to continually improve our products and services, and as such I appreciate your comments in relation to your front desk experience, which was not to your expectations. I would like to sincerely apologise for any delays that you experienced during this time.

Please rest assured that we are very grateful indeed for the points you brought to our attention, and your feedback on TripAdvisor has been discussed in detail and actions have or are in the process on being implemented to improve in the areas mentioned.

Manchester
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Spent 8 nights at this resort. Had one of the "Garden View" suite and trust me that none of them are far from the beach and the gardens are well worth the view. The suite (no 491) was nicely furnished and was very spacious with a huge god knows what sized bed.

The food within the resort was absolutely excellent. Had on meal on the Bateaux down the Dubai Creek which was a bit coldish but that was outside the resort and I think the ;logistics of feeding everyone onboard might mean that some people do get their food hotter than others. The "all inclusive" proved to be just that. The menus clearly labeled drinks that were inclusive and the few food items that were not. The selection within the inclusive range of drinks I would have thought was more than adequate for most people. I don't know how the "inclusive" system works internally at the hotel but you do have to sign for inclusive items as you consume. Regrettably the waiter in the White Orchid lounge on finding out that we were inclusive seemed over keen to push wine at us and insisted on coming with a bottle and jollily topping us up without asking. Each slight top up was translated as a "glass" on the bill I was presented with. Now this didn't mean I had to pay any more of course but I could help but resent the waiter whom I felt was playing the system to inflate the apparent amount consumed. I think that if the manager reads this he will no doubt be able to work out the significance.

Wifi which is a factor for most people these days was also inclusive. One little niggle was that it logged out a bit quickly and required a relatively unmemorable username and password which you would need to have at hand constantly. However, that's about the most negative thing I can think of so that shows how happy I was with this Hotel.

Peacocks replace alarm clocks in the morning ... but worth getting up early to enjoy the place.

Nice kids free pool area too.

Thanks to all the staff who were always so polite and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 491 was a Garden View on top floor with a good view of sunset in the evening. 35-40m or so from beac...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BLN,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your kind word in relation to the resort, the pools, as well as the accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was nicely furnished and very spacious, with huge beds.

We appreciate all feedback which allows us to continually improve our products and services, and as such I appreciate your comments in relation to your Bateaux Dubai experience, which regrettably was not to your expectations. I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay, and please rest assured that I have shared your comments with our management team.

You have also kindly mentioned that our associates were always polite and friendly, which I would like to thank you for, and I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future.