My husband and I made our first trip to Dubai (and the Middle East) from the US last week and because we were looking for an anniversary trip that was equal parts relaxing and touristy, we chose to stay here. We booked our ground-level beachfront junior suite 5 days before arriving through a 3rd party site, but when we contacted the hotel to verify the booking we found them to be entirely professional and courteous, and they were able to accommodate all our requests (to include a special anniversary cake and a heart made of rose petals on the bed upon our arrival). They helped us arrange private transportation from/to the airport, and our late-night check-in/early-morning check-out were fast and easy.
The "Excursions" desk was extremely helpful in assisting us make dinner reservations each night as well as helping my husband to plan a surprise catered dessert/drinks on the beach late one evening, which far surpassed his expectations of what he'd imagined.
We found the housekeeping staff to be top-notch; the facilities were clean, the bed made and towels exchanged daily, with turndown service each evening. Due to a challenge with the 3rd party booking site we ended up making 2 separate back-to-back reservations for 3 nights each, with the all-inclusive meal package for the first 3 days and just breakfast for the next 3. This ended up working perfectly as we enjoyed the pools & beach & spa for those first days while adjusting to the time change, then ventured into Dubai for the final 2 days. When staying for more than 3 days the resort offers extra benefits to include a 30-minute massage (truly one of the best I've received), a turn at the shooting range, watersports, a round of golf, and tennis/personal training lessons, though we didn't take advantage of all of those. It also included a meal (no drinks) for each of us on the company's Dubai Creek dinner boat, Bateaux Dubai, which was superb and a great way to include another dinner once we'd used our all-inclusive nights at the resort. We enjoyed the food at all the resort's restaurants and were glad to have chosen the all-inclusive meal package, given its distance from Dubai.
The only cons to our stay were:
-The mattress was a bit on the hard side for our liking, but the down feather pillows were comfortable and there was an extra blanket in the closet which we used to help us get the temperature in the room exactly right for our sleeping preferences.
-The resort is at least 30 minutes from the closest attractions in Dubai, so this isn't the hotel I'd choose if going into the city each day was on our agenda. It was perfect for the relaxing, pool and beach-based vacation we were looking for, though. The closest Metro stop is about a 10 minute taxi ride away; for 2 adults the fare to/from the Metro stop was about $15 USD and the Metro fare to the Dubai Mall was about $3 USD each. The resort does have a complementary shuttle that will bring guests to/from the resort into several areas of Dubai throughout the day, though.
- The birds are a little loud. They woke up at dawn (around 6am in February) and were, at times, quite vocal. I loved seeing all the peacocks walking around the grounds, but some of the local birds were very brave at the outside restaurants. This is to be expected in a sub-tropical climate, though.
-Because this is a family resort there were many families with small children around. My husband and I have 2 kids of our own (9 & 5) but were traveling without them on this trip, so we were a little disappointed to see (and hear, and dodge) toddlers in the restaurants late in the evening (we had a 9pm reservation at White Orchid one night which was mostly disrupted by a 3-year-old boy whose parents didn't attempt to keep him in his seat or ask him to keep his voice down or to stop tossing his napkin in the air near other tables). That wasn't the fault of the staff but rather the parents, and the restaurants do each have a designated child-free night to help adults avoid interruptions like that.
Overall we were more than satisfied with our experience at Palm Tree Court. Though this was likely a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us, if we were to return to Dubai we would, without a doubt, stay here again, either with or without our kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Palm Tree Court & Spa is situated within the award-winning Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa. A stunning palm-lined private beach and three swimming pools are just steps away from the suites and junior suites, surrounded by lush gardens, waterfalls and fish-filled streams. A championship 9-hole golf course, academy, spa, restaurants, bars, kids club, deep-sea fishing trips and horse riding can also be enjoyed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your JA Palm Tree Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court And Spa
- Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court Hotel Dubai
- Palm Tree Court Dubai