“Wonderful Romantic Getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Wonderful Romantic Getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I made our first trip to Dubai (and the Middle East) from the US last week and because we were looking for an anniversary trip that was equal parts relaxing and touristy, we chose to stay here. We booked our ground-level beachfront junior suite 5 days before arriving through a 3rd party site, but when we contacted the hotel to verify the booking we found them to be entirely professional and courteous, and they were able to accommodate all our requests (to include a special anniversary cake and a heart made of rose petals on the bed upon our arrival). They helped us arrange private transportation from/to the airport, and our late-night check-in/early-morning check-out were fast and easy.

The "Excursions" desk was extremely helpful in assisting us make dinner reservations each night as well as helping my husband to plan a surprise catered dessert/drinks on the beach late one evening, which far surpassed his expectations of what he'd imagined.

We found the housekeeping staff to be top-notch; the facilities were clean, the bed made and towels exchanged daily, with turndown service each evening. Due to a challenge with the 3rd party booking site we ended up making 2 separate back-to-back reservations for 3 nights each, with the all-inclusive meal package for the first 3 days and just breakfast for the next 3. This ended up working perfectly as we enjoyed the pools & beach & spa for those first days while adjusting to the time change, then ventured into Dubai for the final 2 days. When staying for more than 3 days the resort offers extra benefits to include a 30-minute massage (truly one of the best I've received), a turn at the shooting range, watersports, a round of golf, and tennis/personal training lessons, though we didn't take advantage of all of those. It also included a meal (no drinks) for each of us on the company's Dubai Creek dinner boat, Bateaux Dubai, which was superb and a great way to include another dinner once we'd used our all-inclusive nights at the resort. We enjoyed the food at all the resort's restaurants and were glad to have chosen the all-inclusive meal package, given its distance from Dubai.

The only cons to our stay were:
-The mattress was a bit on the hard side for our liking, but the down feather pillows were comfortable and there was an extra blanket in the closet which we used to help us get the temperature in the room exactly right for our sleeping preferences.
-The resort is at least 30 minutes from the closest attractions in Dubai, so this isn't the hotel I'd choose if going into the city each day was on our agenda. It was perfect for the relaxing, pool and beach-based vacation we were looking for, though. The closest Metro stop is about a 10 minute taxi ride away; for 2 adults the fare to/from the Metro stop was about $15 USD and the Metro fare to the Dubai Mall was about $3 USD each. The resort does have a complementary shuttle that will bring guests to/from the resort into several areas of Dubai throughout the day, though.
- The birds are a little loud. They woke up at dawn (around 6am in February) and were, at times, quite vocal. I loved seeing all the peacocks walking around the grounds, but some of the local birds were very brave at the outside restaurants. This is to be expected in a sub-tropical climate, though.
-Because this is a family resort there were many families with small children around. My husband and I have 2 kids of our own (9 & 5) but were traveling without them on this trip, so we were a little disappointed to see (and hear, and dodge) toddlers in the restaurants late in the evening (we had a 9pm reservation at White Orchid one night which was mostly disrupted by a 3-year-old boy whose parents didn't attempt to keep him in his seat or ask him to keep his voice down or to stop tossing his napkin in the air near other tables). That wasn't the fault of the staff but rather the parents, and the restaurants do each have a designated child-free night to help adults avoid interruptions like that.

Overall we were more than satisfied with our experience at Palm Tree Court. Though this was likely a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us, if we were to return to Dubai we would, without a doubt, stay here again, either with or without our kids.

Room Tip: The ground level beachfront junior suites have a private terrace with designated lounge chairs, pati...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Heather G,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

I was pleased to read that you had an excellent stay, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort and its facilities, and also to read how we surpassed your expectations!

You have kindly mentioned that you also enjoyed the All Inclusive package, and the selection of restaurants available, in particular Bateaux Dubai, which you felt was superb.

Please rest assured that we are very grateful indeed for the points you brought to our attention, and your feedback on TripAdvisor has been discussed in detail and actions have or are in the process on being implemented to improve in the areas mentioned.

I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you whilst staying with us. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (495)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Palm Tree Court has a great deal to recommend it as a holiday destination, much of it covered by GJCUK & Alcp789 in their reviews. The resort is about 40 minutes drive outside the City of Dubai and therefore has the space to lay on facilities, which would just not be possible in an urban setting, particularly one as bustling as this extraordinary city state. All types of sporting activities are available here at the resort; sailing, water sports of every type, tennis, golf, shooting, horse riding to name just some. Nor are they heavily used. We went during February - I would not advise going to Dubai during the summer months when temperatures can reach in excess of 40 degrees celsius - and the resort was busy but somehow tennis courts and sailing dinghies were always available. Perhaps it was the impeccable man made beach and winter temperatures in the high twenties, which kept people riveted to their sun loungers.

So why not five stars? Perhaps I am being pernickety but the previous comments about the service are valid and seem not to have improved. Just one person was doing her best to cope with demands on the reception desk, so checking in and out or booking trips was painfully slow and it was little better in the restaurants. A trip to the fish restaurant would have been quicker using hook and line. Travellers should also be aware that Virgin Holidays with whom we booked show pictures from the sea to the hotel. If they took pictures the other way around from the beach out into the bay, the half finished rail line and the Jebel Ali port complex on the far side of the bay would come into view. To be fair it is difficult to get away from development in Dubai and neither of these structures are close enough to be intrusive but for those with a desire for a pristine outlook, this cannot be ignored and with the patchy service are enough to cost a star. All in all though the Palm Tree Court is to be recommended. If you decide to go, the fully inclusive package is better value, particularly if like my family you want to use the extensive facilities on offer.

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view are more expensive but worth the extra
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank johnman
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear johnman,

I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities and the water sports activities, as well as the All Inclusive package which you found to be very good value.

I was however most disappointed to read that we clearly did not meet your expectations in some areas that you have highlighted. We welcome all feedback which allows us to continually improve our services across the resort, and I would like to sincerely apologise for the shortfall in service.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. The staff couldn't be more helpful and the food is exceptional as are all the facilities. I find it hard to fault this hotel; all I would say is the same old story with sun loungers, having to get up to 'reserve' but this is the same everywhere you go. There must be a better system out there surely? If you want a holiday that suits all ages, this is the place to go. It really is wonderful!

Room Tip: We had a garden view suite which was exceptional, very roomy and plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 c...
2 Thank Scramble009
Dear Scramble009,

It was a great pleasure reading your review and your compliments regarding the resort and its facilities.

I would like to specially thank you for your kind words regarding my associates and I was delighted to read that they were very helpful. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed at Palm Tree Court for a week in February, returning to the complex after staying at the sister hotel Jebel Ali last year in June. I would always say we aren't keen on holidaying in the same place more than once, as theres a whole world out there, but its testament to the excellent holiday we had last year that we were so keen to return!

Our top floor beach front suite was up there with the best rooms I've stayed in. It was really big, fantastic view from the balcony, enormous comfy bed, and very large bathroom. The housekeeping was great and our room was always clean.

The pools, restaurants and bars at Palms Tree Court and the neighbouring Jebel Ali are all fantastic. We were away during half term but without children so we particularly appreciated the quiet adults only pool. We mostly ate in the a la carte restaurants for dinner, with Shooters and White Orchid being firm favourites. We had emailed and made dinner reservations before we went away as we were worried about it being busy in half term. This was dealt with swiftly and with no hassle. The staff all around the resort are super friendly and would always greet you with a smile.

My husband played golf a couple of times and likes the course, and also the facilities on offer at the Sports bar and gym.

As the title suggests, I can't fault this hotel, and we are already hoping we can return again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AceHertfordshire,

I was pleased to read that you had an excellent stay, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, the accommodation, the gardens, the golf course, the restaurants and as well as the All Inclusive package which you found to be very good.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words about our associates who looked after you during your stay with us. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

We usually go away for some Winter Sun in the month of February and with 2 girls, 8 and 5 have often travelled to the Caribbean, and numerous islands. We always travel All-Inclusive as, those with children will appreciate, it's just so much easier to be able to eat when you/they want, same with a drink, and also not have to worry about them not liking something and being stuck with it. This, alongside great pools, beaches, weather and good quality food, is why we've always gone Caribbean.

However, I think it might change from next year!
We found, and chose JA Palm Tree as it had outstanding (and rightly so!) reviews on TripAdvisor, and it also was the only hotel offering AI.

1st things - the flight is so much more bearable! Time wise, but also the 6.5 hours versus 9.5 hours to Caribbean!
A standard taxi from the airport is about 40mins away, but you see the awesome buildings in Dubai, and with 7 lane roads, traffic is never a problem. Once your arrive the resort is pretty much in the middle of nowhere but sand, but once you're in, you soon forget it!
Check-in was swift and we managed to grab some breakfast before the (handy) late closure of 11am. Just what we were used to - plenty of selection, yoghurts, fruit, cooked, pastries - all great quality.

We got a Junior suite in the new block and it was amazing. Massive bed, and a fold out sofa bed for the 2 girls. Rooms are made-up each day (1 day we forgot/accidentally knocked the electronic "Do Not Disturb" sign, and returned to find 3 reminders they tried to clean the room, and a polite note to contact them if we wanted anything........no 1 strike and your out!!!)

The resort is quite big, but there are golf buggies to ferry you around. Equally there are plenty of pools, a huge beach, and plenty of restaurants so you never feel on top of anyone.

The staff there, as other reviewers have said are 1st rate. A hotel can have all the amenities, but if the staff are not welcoming or attentive it's going to suffer, and it doesn't here. They generally are happy to help and chat with you.

We pre-booked before leaving home, the restaurants we were after, which I think is advisable if you want specifics, but we got into a couple of others/rearranged on the day, so it's not a necessity.
The 2 buffet breakfasts at White Orchid and La Fontana are great, the white Orchid is a little more relaxing. The La Fontana buffet for lunch and evening meals was also great.
The White Orchid is exceptional. Both service and food quality.
The Italian was also good, and handy for the kids occasionally to get pasta or pizza!

On our first night we went to Shooters (a curtsey bus about 5min journey) - which takes you to the shooting club, and associated bar/restaurant. Again, staff, and especially manager put you at total ease, bringing you drinks, and telling you "No rush at all to order.....enjoy the sun, I'll pop back in 5minutes" !!
I took the free shooting lesson on the 2nd from last day and for the first time ever shot a 9mm pistol.......definitely an experience, and you can certainly mock film stars firing off rounds with no recoil.....those guns kick!!

Weather wise it was perfect - the Caribbean in Feb can get VERY hot and clammy. Dubai is perfect - think hottest period of UK Summer - bit of lotion, but great. There is a breeze which can take the edge of things, and the evenings can get cooler, but I never put anything over a polo shirt.

We booked on the internet and took the family to the Dubai mall, and to the Atlantis hotel/waterpark. Blimey! When you see other things, you appreciate what you have got! The Atlantis is huge, but sooooo over the top!! The mall is not cheap, is all about style, and the waterpark is good, but busy - it was a great day out, if not expensive, but you're glad to get back to your quiet, laid back resort of Jebel Ali!!!

So, all in all a 5* experience that we'll definitely be looking to rebook again next year.

The negatives?! None really, but it's worth pointing out a few things, as it's always nice to know "everything" !;
- Sun lounger reserving!! Yep it happens here, come down to the pool after breakfast/mid morning and towels have reserved loungers around the pool! To be honest this happens EVERYWHERE and there isn't much of a way out of it. It can be a pain sometimes, but hey you're on holiday - those who sit in the same place every day really need a change :-)

- Signing for drinks/food. This is no problem, but it would be nice to be told this when checking in. Every drink you get or meal you have you need to sign, and put your room number on the bill. At times, initially this prompts the question or worry that you've ordered something not all inclusive or are being charged. This isn't so. The staff get 10% service charge so they will be looking for you to sign, and it's obviously a record of stock etc. It's no problem, but I overheard some "newbies" asking others about the "signing" of a bill, so if it could be made clear why at the beginning?

Room Tip: New block/Junior Suite is great
3 Thank Mark R
Dear Mark R,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I happy to know that you are already looking forward to your next visit with us!

I was pleased to read that you had an excellent stay, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort and our facilities, as well as the All Inclusive package which you enjoyed the flexibility of.

You have also kindly mentioned that our associates were always happy to help, which I would like to thank you for, and I will ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

As the title would suggest, this is the second time we've had the pleasure of staying at The Palm Tree Court. It was a superb experience. In fact, I found the place even better this time and that is very rare. I travelled with my wife and two year old son. I would recommend it highly!

The new creche facilities for 1-3 year olds are excellent. The staff were very good and made us feel at ease immediately. Reasonably priced at DHS 150 for 3 hours (peace and quite!). Also found the baby sitting service the same. This was the first time we'd left our son with anyone outside immediate family.

The new swimming pool and bar situated at beach level is also a welcome addition.

The staff onsite are warm and welcoming, nothing is too much trouble. However, I will reiterate a comment I made in a previous review; there are simply not enough staff throughout the resorts bars and restaurants. Drinks often had to be ordered more than once. This occured across multiple venues e.g. The Anchor beach bar, servicing both the pool, the beach and the Anchor restaurant had only one person on the bar for the vast majority of the day. The addition of just a few additional people or the reallocation of staff to key areas would make a significant difference.

That was the only negative in what was an otherwise a faultless 10 day family holiday. The all inclusive package proved again excellent value and did indeed, include everything. The food experience in all restaurants was exemplary. The food in the White Orchid deserves a special mention.

We will definately be back again next year.

Room Tip: Request a room near the pool / La Fontana.. Otherwise you could have a long walk everyday!
3 Thank GJCUK
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear GJCUK,

I was pleased to read that you had an excellent stay, and I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, its facilities, the crèche, the pool and beach, the quality of food especially in White Orchid, as well as the All Inclusive package which you found to be very good.

I would also like to thank you for your praise for the associates who looked after you during your stay; I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Delighted to return, and love the updated look of the rooms and bathrooms, and hotel in general- the new pool is well placed
The new sofa bed folds down into 2 singles so perfect for our 2 kids
Aloyisus looked after our family so well

Charming service in all of the restaurants and bars - the all inclusive is great value
Thanks to all that made our holiday so great
So much to do- it really is a fav and we'll be back

Overall very high standards- and prominent managerial presence, keeps it ticking along smoothly

To take a normal taxi, can take a while to get out there, so order before- the hotel car is 50% more expensive- not sure why

1 Thank Alcp789
Dear Alcp789,

As a returning guest to the resort, it was a pleasure to read that you had an amazing time!

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the resort in relation to the newly refurbished
Palm Tree Court, especially the updated look for our new rooms. You have also kindly mentioned the charming service in all our restaurants, as well as the All Inclusive package which you found to be great value!

I would also like to thank you for your kind words about our associates who looked after you during your stay with us. Some of whom you have personally mentioned, and I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.