“Good value but don't expect Four Seasons service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of JA Palm Tree Court

JA Palm Tree Court
Ranked #24 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Good value but don't expect Four Seasons service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful 10 day break at Palm Tree Court (part of Jebel Ali Hotel) over the New Year period. We were in a room in one of the new blocks which was spacious, clean, had incredibly comfortable beds and a lovely view of the garden so the children could run around.

Our booking was all inclusive and we really felt we made the most the resort had to offer dining in Shooters (great steak), La Fontana and several times in The White Orchid which was by far the best restaurant. The restaurant situated on the boat was a disappointment and we would not return.

Facilities were excellent, gym basic but fine and my husband enjoyed the golf and squash. The spa was also superb, although slightly dated the quality of service and therapists is extremely high.

Our children aged 3 and 4 years used the kids club most mornings and a couple of evenings which allowed us to enjoy dinners with friends uninterrupted. The nanny's in the club are superb and made special efforts to entertain the children with face painting, trips to the petting farm, sandcastle competitions and discos. I would highly recommend.

My only gripes are as follows:

The service falls short of several other five star hotels we have stayed in. Reception staff were inept and without doubt need further training. It took one member of staff three days to book a restaurant for us! Bar staff at the beach bar were also poor I think mainly due to being understaffed as this was the busiest bar.

The booking of restaurants was a real headache and if you are travelling at peak time as we were then I would highly recommend booking in advance to save the stress once you are meant to be relaxing on your holiday!

Many of the sunbeds are taken early in the morning so it is difficult to find space around the main pools if you are arriving slightly later. This does not seem to be policed very well.

Overall we had a really terrific time and are looking seriously at returning for a second time this year.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the new rooms in Palm Tree Court, ground floor are a good option with young children...
5 Thank Lottsclarke
Fredrik R, General Manager at JA Palm Tree Court, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Lottsclarke,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your compliments in relation to the resort, its facilities and for the associates, who looked after you during your stay wit us.

I was however most disappointed to read that we clearly did not meet your expectations in some areas that you have highlighted. We welcome all feedback which allows us to continually improve our services across the resort, and I would like to sincerely apologise for the shortfall in service.

Please rest assured that we are very grateful indeed for the points you brought to our attention, and your feedback on TripAdvisor has been discussed in detail and actions have or are in the process on being implemented to improve in the areas mentioned.

Despite the above I do hope that you will reconsider and I hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the future, and once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Fredrik Reinisch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Isle of Man
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was our second visit (stayed in Hotel last time) Had 10 nights over the xmas and new year period. Our stay was very relaxing and it was as nice as I remembered, I prefer the Palm.

Our room was a good size and immaculate, personally I would have preferred a proper single bed instead of sofa bed for third guest. Good Elemis products.

Food and drink is of good quality as was previously, we liked the bar in the White Orchard good cocktails and good service, we ate in all the restaurants and again all good, it is nice to have a change of scenery. One evening our daughter was a little unwell and we asked if dinner could be sent to our room, which we appreciated.

The resort does have high standards and most of the staff provide excellent service and are freindly.

We had a very good xmas lunch on the lawn and there was live music and DJ and we enjoyed our day (beats cooking at home)! The New Year additional cost was compulsory which is to be expected but we felt it was not good value, altough we did enjoy our evening.

Had a facial which was good and spa is nice.

If we visit Dubai again we would choose to stay here.

1 Thank VickiIOM
Dear VickilOM,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Palm Tree Court.

It is always a pleasure to read a review for our returning guests, and I was pleased to read that you decided to Celebrate Christmas and New Years with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, it facilities, as well as the food and beverages that you enjoyed during your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed at PTC from Boxing day until 6th Jan with our 3 children 7,12 & 14, we booked a 2 Bed suite in The Residence, one of only 2 in the hotel, with this you get quite a lot of added benefits, including your own Butler!!! The Butler was on hand to book restaurants and taxi's and sorted every request that we had, basically they could not do enough for you, this was magical. The restaurants in the hotel are some of the best I have ever dined in, The White Orchid is out of this world and Shooters the Steak restaurant was amazing. The rooms were extremely spacious and the grounds of the hotel are imacculate, there are plenty of places to eat both during the day and in the evening. I cannot fault this hotel in anyway. Please don't be put off by the fact that it is 1/2 an hour away from the city as there are always taxi's available and very cheap @ about £14 one way.All in all I would highly recommen this hotel and it will be my No 1 choice when we revisit next year.

Tip:
Book direct through the Hotel website but watch the price difference between All Inc and B&B, we paid approx £4k for All Inc and when I added up all of our receipts, it only came to about £2200 and we ate and drank quite a lot each day!!

Room Tip: If you can stretch to the Extra for a Residence suite, it's well worth it, they have about 8 one...
2 Thank djp4268
Dear djp4268,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was extremely happy to read that we managed to meet your expections in all the areas during your stay with us.

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the resort, it facilities, as well as the for the food and beverages, especially the Shooter and White Orchid Restaurant

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed over Xmas and new year. The rooms were lovely, just opened in October 2012 - fab beds and sheets. Bathrooms were huge and had nice Elemis products. The suites had a large king bed and a sofa bed next to it made up for the 2 children.

The kids club was fantastic - my 4 year old loved it. You can go from 10-1 and from 3-6 then tea/disco or films from 6-9pm.

The restaurants were great - my favourite was White Orchid. La Fontana was also nice. The seafood restaurant was quite nice tho would probably not return and Shooters had lovely steaks but again would only return if going to the shooting range.

Breakfast in the white orchid is fantastic and the all inclusive package is very worth while.

The hotel is about 35/40 minutes from the airport so quite far out, but a nice quite and tranquil location.

We might go back next year so would definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MazLLondon
Dear MazLLondon,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was happy to read that you decided to stay with us during Christmas and New Year.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the resort, its facilities,the accomodation as well as the quality of the food and beverages across the resort which you have kindly mentioned were great.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

Tunbridge Wells
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

This place is as expensive as Madinat and the other Jumeirah hotels. Expectations fell short. Mainly due to the front office. We checked in late, 2am, to be taken to a room in block 10 of Palm Tree Court. This overlooks the boundary wall of the property to a caravan and building site. Not the peaceful garden we were promised. Whilst the on duty manager moved us the next morning to a room in block 8, and he didn't apologise or agree the room view was terrible, we should never have been assigned the original room in the first place. Our 4 days were enjoyable. Check out though at 7.15am on our last day ruined this as their systems were down and they couldn't explain a £1200 entry on December 31st. A manager arrived from the Jebel Ali hotel to tell me he will email me once their systems are up but that I couldn't leave until I paid in full. Our taxi to the airport gad to wait for 20 minutes Experiences with 2 managers were not good. This was my 4th and last visit to this hotel. One last thing. A sea plane excursion company is based here. 2 planes take off and land every hour just off shore and taxi to a jetty yards from one of the beach restaurants The noise from the engines can be heard from all over the property and is offensive from the beach. If you are looking for peace and quiet, you might want to look elsewhere. The view to the derelict and bankrupt Jebel Ali Palm is also sad.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Roop311266
Dear Roop311266,

It is with great disappointment that I read your review, and it is clear that we have failed to meet your expectations in many ways during your recent stay with us.

It is certainly not our intention to have any of our guests disappointed, and I would like to sincerely apologise for any shortfall. To allow me to take the necessary action for improvement, I would therefor invite you to contact me directly at the hotel on fredrik.reinisch@jaresorts.com to address your concerns in more detail.

Despite the aboove, I do hope that we will have an opportunity to restore your confidence in Palm Tree Court, and once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

south west uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Recently came back from a 5 night stay with our two daughters aged 11 and 14. We had a lovely time. The place is lovely, rooms are spacious and clean and very quiet for good night sleep! We had the Palm Tree court suite which is not very well documented in the hotel brochure. We didn't know what to expect as we decided to book this upgraded room due to a spot promotion offer from a travel agent online. It turned out that this room was technically a 2 bedroom apartment (with 2 bathrooms) and this was very handy when you have to share your accommodation with 2 teenagers! The only downside is that the girls had a sofa bed which wasn't the most comfortable. Shame as there are plenty of space to put beds instead!
The plus side for this hotel, is definitely the food quality. We opted for all inclusive and didn't regret it. The food was fantastic and everything we had was included. We even had "sand lobters" bbq one day at lunch time at the buffet so I couldn't believe it! It was delicious....
The only food we didn't enjoy was at the Divaz restaurant on Christmas eve. The food was very mediocre compared to what we had at the other places - and we even recognised a lot of cold beef dishes (salad, etc...) in the buffet made from the leftover roast beef on offer at the fontana the day before! the choice was very limited and not a lot of seafood so very disappointed. Plus, the boat doesn't go anywhere even though their marketing material present this restaurant as a 2 hours cruise!
The resort is quite big and compared to another all inclusive holidays we had at Buccament Bay in St Vincent, the girls didn't have an opportunity to meet others of similar age. The teen club was alway empty. At Buccament, the team was making an effort to get teens out of their deck chair (and mobile phone!) for on the spot beach games which worked well so I would suggest Palm Tree Court to be a bit more pro-active for teens activities.
We also did a Safari trip - we didn't book the hotel one as it was very expensive compared to others and we glad we didn't. In fact, these trips are all the same whether you book a fancy one or not! We didn't like it at all and wouldn't recommend it! The only enjoyable part was the sand dune bashing for about 20mn but then it was a tourist trap and you're stuck in this place in the desert with very mediocre food and activities for over 3 hours! We also spent a day at the aquaventure park Atlantis and it was also very disappointing. Lots of queues and it takes aged to get back to a ride you liked as you need to go through this "rapid" which is very slow and it take ages to get you back to the start line. The water was also freezing and we all got a big cold afterwards! My daughters enjoyed the leap of faith but could only do it once as the queue was enormous! We were glad to come back to the Palm tree court afterwards to relax a bit!
The water sports were good but there was conflicting information regarding the hours when you could do activities as part of the all inclusive package. Also on Xmas eve, we received a letter saying that there will be a Kayak race at 11am for whoever want to take part. My husband went there and was told that he had to pay 60 UAD to do it! It was very cheeky so everybody in the race pulled out. It was a waste of time. Would recommend doing the tow ring though - good fun!
Finally, one recommendation for the hotel. The resort got very busy towards the end of our stay (coming up to Xmas) and a lot of people put towels on the pool sunbeds first things in the morning and disappear! We could never get a place in the sun to be near our girls even though no many people were on the beds. At Buccament, the pool staff monitored this quite efficiently and were taking off the towels when no one used the bed so this should also be done at Palm Tree Court also to avoid disappointment!
As a whole we had a lovely time and might come back in the future....

Room Tip: Palm Tree Court suites are very spacious if you want a bit more privacy from your kids!
1 Thank cowpadgaloper
Dear cowpadgaloper,

I would firstly like to thank you for your very detailed feedback, and I was pleased to read that you had a lovely time during your stay with us. I would also like to thank you for you kind words about the food and beverage across the resort as well as the all inclusive package.

We appreciate all feedback which allows us to continually improve our products and services, and as such I appreciate your comments in relation to your unfortunate experience at Divaz as well as the availability of the sunbeds. I would like to sincerely apologise for any inconveniecne or frustration caused during your stay with us.

I have also noted your comments with regards to the cold beef dishes and salad, which you have mentioned. I wanted to share with you that we do adhere to HACCP and all local laws in relation to food hygiene at all times. As such we do not use any leftover food in any of our restaurants across the resort. Please accept my sincere apologies if this particular dish was not to your satisfaction and your welcomed feedback have been immediately shared with our Executive Chef.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was very dubious about an all inclusive hotel in Dubai but I was wrong. The staff, service and most importantly the food in all of the restaurants was fantastic. Our favourite was the White Orchid Thai/Asian al a carte restaurant, and our 5 year old daughter loved the sweet and sour chicken and phad thia. The room was immaculate and very spacious for a family of 4.

Nadine Haase, the Stable Manager, at the riding stables was fantastic. I arranged 2 desert rides. The stables were immaculate as were the horses. Nadine clearly understood all horses and riders and her knowledge was amazing. It is very clear she has a true passion with horses and I could tell that all the horses bonded with her. I loved the desert rides as I was given an opportunity to gallop freely but Nadine was very aware of safety at all times. She was such a lovley person and a credit to the hotel.

Thank you for our stay. We are seriously considering re-booking for thea same time next year.

Room Tip: Opt for a junior suite at the Palm Court and on the ground or first floor if you have a pram.
2 Thank AndreaOHare
Dear AndreaOHare,

I was extremely happy to read your review, and that you are already considering visiting us again during December 2013

I would like to thank you for your kind words in relation to the quality of the food and drinks, as well as the All Inclusive package which you have kindly mentioned were fantastic and amazing!

I do appreciate your positive comments and praise for the assocaites, and some of whom you have personally acknowledged. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

I look forward to having the pleasure of personally welcoming you back to Palm Tree Court in December 2013 and once again thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.