Having only been to Dubai on business before, a week on the beach was a new experience and we opted for this over anything on Jumeirah Beach. It is a fair way out (the other side of Jebel Ali Port) by comparison, and therefore much quieter, but if you're not bothered about the busier night life further in, this is absolutely ideal. When coupled with the Jebel Ali Hotel, there are plenty of bars and restaurants to provide a bit of variety in any event, and there is a free shuttle bus to Deira, which stops at various points on the way in. )Make sure you're there a minute or two early and check with the driver where he is going, as we missed out on a dinner cruise by arriving bang on time, by which time the bus had left and we then got on the wrong bus and ended up at Ibn Battuta Mall.)
Even so, everything about the Palm Tree Court was extremely high quality, from the room, to the service, to the facilities/activities. The staff were unfailingly polite and friendly and while it is impossible to name all the people who made our stay so pleasurable, Yosry on the Experiences Desk, Murat Ahmed on the front desk, Min the tennis coach and Shajan in the Jebel Ali Hotel bar do particularly spring to mind.
We found the service to be seamless in every respect and another particularly good touch was the range of complimentary activities which are provided to guests. These ranged from a "sundowner" drink every evening, to a free spa treatment, to a tennis lesson, to a clay pigeon shooting session, to name only a few of them.
There are quite a few pools (all warm and spotless), as well as a pretty sizeable beach of soft white sand, which was never crowded when we were there. The snorkelling is not brilliant (visibility issues), but it is acceptable and there are a few fish to be seen. The only downside to the view from the beach is that it faces the Jebel Ali Palm, on which construction started but was suspended a couple of years ago, but to be honest that isn't really a massive issue. There are also quite a few watersport activities, including sailing, windsurfing, kayaks and rides on a donut and Hobie Cat. While we are saving it for a future occasion, there are also seaplane flights from the marina right next to the Jebel Ali Hotel.
The room was beautiful, with the biggest bed I have ever seen (albeit perhaps a tiny bit firm for some tastes), a large bathroom with very high quality fixtures, and a balcony facing over the gardens, which are heavily populated with remarkably tame peacocks. The public areas, including the bars and restaurants, are similarly stylish and the staff must work hard to keep them in such immaculate condition.
All in all, we would certainly look to stay at the Palm Tree Court again on any further visits to Dubai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Palm Tree Court & Spa is situated within the award-winning Jebel Ali Golf Resort & Spa. A stunning palm-lined private beach and three swimming pools are just steps away from the suites and junior suites, surrounded by lush gardens, waterfalls and fish-filled streams. A championship 9-hole golf course, academy, spa, restaurants, bars, kids club, deep-sea fishing trips and horse riding can also be enjoyed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelocity, Expedia, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your JA Palm Tree Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court And Spa
- Jebel Ali Palm Tree Court Hotel Dubai
- Palm Tree Court Dubai