“Great stay!”
Review of Park Hyatt Dubai

Park Hyatt Dubai
Ranked #10 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 28, 2009

My partner and I stopped over in Dubai on our way to Asia and really liked the Park Hyatt. Overall service was great and our room was fantastic. We would love to go back!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tessaonhols

Reviewed August 27, 2009

I was a bit nervous staying in Dubai having passed through it on several occassions for work and experienced what must be one of the busiest business lounges in the world. This time I was travelling with my wife to Thailand and thought I would take advantage of Emirates 2 free night stay when flying business class. After looking at the three options we choose the Park Hyatt. We were so glad we did, from our arrival to our departure it was a wonderful stopover. Our room was brilliant including a bath in the middle of the bathroom including a loofa sponge which my wife loved. The view from the room was over Dubai creek with the city at night offering a great backdrop. We enjoyed the pool and the cocktails on several occassions and the breakfast was superb. We also ate out at the Aquarium restaurant nearby which provided delicious food. With the metro coming on line in just over a month it will be interesting to see how that makes things more accessbile, otherwise you have to use a taxi or car.

I plan to stay at the hotel again on another business trip I am taking next year. I also hope to play a round of golf if time permits on the golf course next door beside Dubai creek.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank John K
Reviewed August 22, 2009

Just came from a getaway weekend and we expected a lot from Park Hyatt.
The Hotel, the rooms and the restaurants are fantastic.
Great Location and nice place to stay.

But the service didn´t impress me at all.
At Check In they ask you twice if you had a nice flight, when they saw from our National IDs that we live in Dubai, At check Out they asked again about the flight.....
The room was perfect but one of the towels, that had something similar to a bugle on it.
The paid tv was not working after 20 minutes of watching the movie but they didn´t put it on the bill.
Breakfast was inclusive on the rate, but they tried to charge it, when we showed them the confirmation of Rate inclusive of Breakfast., their answer was : Sir, Inclusive means you have to pay it separately.... we complained and the manager took it out of the bill.... what a fool receptionist.

The Hotel is great , one of the best in Dubai anyway

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pigma
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Great location when you don't want the beach (too hot at this time of year) with a beautiful pool area that really is an oasis. The public areas are well appointed and the lighting is very atmospheric. Food at Cafe Arabesque and The Terrace were very good with excellent views of Dubai Creek. Right next door to the Dubai Creek Golf Club with privileges for guests.

Though it was great.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Veryfussy
Reviewed August 8, 2009

This was my third stay at the hotel, but the first time with an infant. It takes a while to get to the room, but the rooms are spacious, nice calming interiors. One of my favourite stays in Dubai. Right next to the city center, close to the airport and other malls.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Hayyan
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I have never had any inclination whatsoever to go to Dubai. Everything I have read about it and seen is what I don't like, glitzy and busy, a gilded Blackpool for people with too much money and no taste. So why did I go - well to be honest we had flown with Emirates to Delhi on business and they were offering first and business class passengers free stopovers in Dubai at 5 star hotels, so curiosity got the better of me, and a free two night stay in a luxury hotel to break the journey after a very busy two weeks in India seemed too good to miss. The hotels on offer were Atlantis (to me it looked like a Holiday Camp for the likes of Paris Hilton, a Jumiera in the business district and the Park Hyatt. After reading the reviews of all three hotels on Trip Advisor there was only one choice, to me at least, and that was the Park Hyatt.

The hotel is lovely - one of the few low rise hotels in Dubai and set on the Marina and Dubai Creek so it is calm, tranquil and not at all noisy. We arrived and were greeted at reception by lovely welcoming staff who informed us we had been upgraded from a Park Room to a Deluxe King. Douglas showed us to the room and gave us all the information we needed about the hotel. He was very charming indeed.
The room was modern but very comfortable with two plush armchairs and a large footstool, ample workdesk, large balcony with two comfortable chairs and a table and a lovely view of the Creek and Marina. The bathroon was gorgeous with rose scented bath salts and a big free standing bath in the centre, large walk in shower,two sinks and all other mod cons, The televison had a good selection of channels and there was also a dvd player. What we liked very much about this hotel is you get two free hours of internet access in your room every 24 hours, rare for a 5 star hotel as most normally have the nerve to charge for wifi, which is really ridiculous.
The pool is just gorgeous, big and comfy beds, big fluffy towels and lots of palm trees so even in the heat the pool was shaded and cool. The layout of the pool is great, perfect for serious swimmers, which I am one but it also has lots of little alcoves with jacuzzi jets to sit and relax in. The pool attendants were attentive and prompt bringing drinks and changing towels.
We had dinner in the Arabesque restaurant on the first night and it was good, but the restaurant lacked atmosphere, although the service was very good. On the second night we ate in the Thai restaurant and it was very good indeed, with a good atmosphere and excellent service.
I didn't use the spa but it looked good. I did use the beauty salon for a manicure and pedicure. This is not part of the hotel but leased out. It was only ok, they should offer pedicures in the Spa as I am sure they would be better there.
We literally didn't venture out of the hotel but just enjoyed the rest and relaxation after a very hectic two weeks in India. Therefore I cannot really comment on Dubai but what we did see of it , it was very clean and the staff we encountered were very helpful.
I am now curious to see what Dubai is really like, so I would return to this hotel. It is very peaceful and relaxing and I liked the location and the fact it is low rise instead of some massive skyscrapper. If we return to Dubai I would stay here again and would recommend the hotel for anyone looking for a relaxing and luxurious break.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slj60
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Firstly the bad points..............

Expensive
A little isolated up a long but private driveway
No taxis calling, just overpriced limos

But lots of good points. Very professional quiet hotel, with fabulous rooms, amazing bathrooms with giant baths, very attentive service and lovely views. Food is also expensive but very nice. The pool is quiet and wonderful.

I would suggest a great hotel if you can get a good deal, but to be left alone at rack prices

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business