“a lovely place both for business and leisure”
Review of Park Hyatt Dubai

Park Hyatt Dubai
Ranked #9 of 547 Hotels in Dubai
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“a lovely place both for business and leisure”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Having come to the Park Hyatt for more than 10 years (both on business and on holiday) on an annual basis, my husband and I still love this hotel above all others in Dubai. You enter the hotel, are welcomed by the perfectly trained and charming staff members, the subtle smell of amber, and feel at home in this tranquil and sophisticated oasis amidst the otherwise buzzing and sometimes hectic City of Dubai. Even though the hotel has been here for quite while, they obviously constantly update and renovate all the rooms. The sophisticated design of the place is a pleasure to the eye, even the tiniest details fit into the whole concept, be it the silver sugar bowls or milk jugs in the restauant or the artwork in the bedrooms and along the aisles and in the restaurants... The location of the place right next to the yacht harbour is especially nice when taking a Sundowner Drink in the Lounge outside (the Terrace?). Our room had - as always - a nice balcony and a lovely view of the Creek. All our requests were dealt with in a highly professional way, the service was - as always - unotrusive and discreet, yet prompt. Luckily, there were also less children in the hotel than last year - no children at the large pool at all. As such, we were able to really relax in peace. The spa is still perfect. I had an Arabic massage, where I could choose from about 10 different styles of music, 3 kinds of organic body oil, with a rose-scented footbath prior to the treatment and my choice of tea and some dried fruits afterwards. The therapist from Thailand was a lovely girl and clearly knows her job! The massage room had its own secluded private patio with outdoor shower (like all of their treatment rooms), the food was excellent as always, be it room service, the French restaurant, in the cafe etc. It's easy to understand while both Europeans and Arabs love this place to quietly conduct business sitting in the cafes and lounges. As opposed to many other "loud" and ostentatious 5 star hotels I have been to in Dubai, the Park Hyatt excels with true sophistication, style and understatement while pampering its guests surrounded by luxury. We hope that the hotel will also keep this high standard in the years to come!

Room Tip: we love the rooms on the 4th floor because of the nice views
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Luxury_Traveller_BL
AngelaChristo, Director of Sales at Park Hyatt Dubai, responded to this review, December 29, 2013

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's overall aesthetics alongside the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We are happy to hear that you continue to enjoy our room product, the food and beverage offerings and our facilities, notably the treatments offered at Amara Spa!

Please contact me directly at angela.christodoulopoulou@hyatt.com before your next stay at Park Hyatt Dubai, as I would like to take the opportunity to meet you personally and thank you for your encouraging comments.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dushanbe
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is the second hotel that i have stayed at in Dubai. Their website is a bit light on in pictures , so i wasn't quite sure on what to expect. Well, i have to say that i was more than pleasantly surprised. From the warm welcome of the chauffer who came to picked me up (even after having to wait over 2 hours because of lost luggage) to the cleaning staff, everyone was just wonderful. My room was well equipped and up to any standard that i have ever come across. My room was right on the creek and with a fantastic view of the city skyline. The rest of the hotel was very tastefully designed. Food was great. It felt very private even though it is spread on such a large property. This will definately be my base on future trips to Dubai

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's room product and the attentiveness and friendliness of our team as well as our food and beverage offerings. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The first thing which strikes you as you check in is just how sprawling the hotel is. I was staying in Block 4 and it was a 4-5 minute brisk walk from the reception. The room was good. It was on the ground floor and you could walk from the verandah on to the creekside lawn by all the yachts moored there. It was spacious. The bathroom was one of the trendy modern open plan types which are virtually part of the room itself. The breakfast buffet was very good and you can order from the menu as part of the buffet. The creekside bar , The Terrace has great views and friendly service.
The only slight caveat is the location. Its close to the airport.. but a long taxi drive ( esp in traffic) from all the " New Dubai" hotspots around the Burj Khalifa or the Madinat Jumeirah etc.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank doitwhileyoucan71
AngelaChristo, Director of Sales at Park Hyatt Dubai, responded to this review, December 16, 2013

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's overall surroundings and room product, as well as the food & beverage selection at our various outlets. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Boston
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We just returned from a week's stay at Park Hyatt Dubai. We had room 1511, a suite with a large bedroom, spacious living room/work area, and a half-bath in addition to the full one. Both rooms of the suite overlooked Dubai Ceek, with views of Burj Khalifa and downtown Dubai. The suite was very quiet, and visually appealing--furniture, fixtures, art and other decor elements had a modern Middle Eastern look. This characterized the entire property--really beautiful to look at. The room's technology was convenient but not confusing, and the Nespresso machine and kettle made it easy to have coffee or tea any time. The full bathroom was beautiful, with glassed-in shower and WC areas, freestanding tub, and two sinks. Particularly noteworthy was the amount of storage and closet space.

I had notified the hotel in advance it was our anniversary, and I booked one of their special packages featuring flowers, a bottle of sparking juice. These were all in the room as expected, with two bouquets, not one, but beyond expectations was that the bathroom had been decorated with red and yellow rose-petals. Really beautiful. We'd also made arrangements for a desert trip and a car to Abu Dhabi in advance, and the concierge was helpful and thorough. This was typical of the service experience throughout our stay--from turndown, to the restaurants, to the lobby, the staff clearly have been trained in how to treat and help guests.
We liked the location because it felt secluded and private, away from the bustle of the center city, but it was easy to reach any part of tow by car or taxi. Our maximum ride, even coming back from the Dubai Mall at rush hour, was 30 minutes. Getting to the souks in Deira or to the old town sights Bur Dubai was 10 or 15 minutes, and the Deira City Center Mall is only 5 minutes.

Breakfast in Cafe Arabesque was especially good--buffets are often predictable in what they offer, but this one had an unusually good selection of local items in addition to what one might expect.The variety of breads (including freshly made za'atar bread) and cheeses was exceptional, and the quality was remarkable--sliced duck breast with the cold cuts is uncommon, to say the least. One could also order from a menu, and again, local specialties were available. We had delicious foul medamas and soujouk, and sat outside overlooking the creek and marina.

The pool, Amara spa and proximity to the golf course made the hotel feel like a resort but close to the city. It was an ideal choice for an extended vacation stay, and I would also stay there for business or a shorter stay. A well-run and luxurious property.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's location, overall room product, the Amara Spa facilities and food and beverage selection, as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Dubai
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed a few times at this hotel and have found it very comfortable. Rooms, gym, pool etc all well appointed. The hotel is very quiet and a little out of the way so taxis are required to get around. If you have an early flight make sure you arrange a cab the night before.

Room Tip: A creek view is very nice
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's room product and overall facilities, including that of the swimming pool and gymnasium. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

3 night stay for business - hotel design and layout very nice , rooms were large and comfortable with nice view over creek. Service was excellent , found concierge especially helpful . Pool area was lovely and nice touch of light relaxing music playing in background . Had 2 massages and they were excellent - very nice well appointed spa. Had business meeting dinner at tratieur and on first night had room service Thai green curry - possibly the best I've ever had even in Thailand. I wish I had more time to dine at their Thai restaurant - I'd go back here alone just for that (big Thai food fan!) . All in all a very comfortable , great service & enjoyable stay . It's not on the beach so if that's important then not the best choice but for me I was there for business and live near a beach at home so the fact that I could have my down time around their lovely pool and the relaxed (almost med like feel ) designed hotel was lovely.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank davelee88

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!

Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's overall aesthetics, room product and Amara Spa facilities, as well as our food & beverage selection (especially the Thai Kitchen!) and the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that all your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The hotel is awkwardly located on the old Dubai creek near the airport. For business or pleasure trips to Dubai, this makes it an effort to travel anywhere and can be quite difficult to return to (I hate battling traffic after a long day). The hotel entrance is on a major intersection and is very difficult to navigate. Once through the hotel gates it is a pleasant oasis and comfortable. Verdict - chose this hotel if you plan on staying in the hotel for your entire stay. If you want to see the numerous sights of Dubai, stay elsewhere as this is far away from the action.

While at the hotel in late November, there was a death in my family and I had to cut my business trip short. I advised the hotel immediately of this fact. Later that day after returning from meetings I received a curt note from the front desk advising that I would have to pay for my entire original stay. I called the front desk and advised of my circumstances (death in the family) and was transferred to a manager. What followed was a rather unpleasant conversation where the German manager basically told me he wasn't bothered with why I had to cut my trip short. I told him the booking was not pre-paid nor contained such restrictions and he called me back later to advise I was correct and could leave early without penalty. No condolences, no human touch, no basic decency. When I remarked at how unpleasant the experience had been given my circumstances, he sent me a note. To quote bugs bunny, what a maroon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
7 Thank spicycaesar
Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!

We would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Tripadvisor!

First and foremost on behalf of all of us here, we would like to express our sincerest apologies and condolences for the loss of your relative.

We appreciate your positive comments about the hotel’s comfort and overall pleasant environment. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.

With regards to the issues faced with Front Office, thank you for bringing the matter to our attention. We have taken note of the incident and will be looking into it further.

Thank you once again for your review and we do hope to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Dubai!