“Staying in February 2013/Excellent Email Responses”
Review of Park Hyatt Dubai

Park Hyatt Dubai
Ranked #9 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 1, 2013

First, I would like to state that I will not be staying at the Park Hyatt Dubai until mid-February, so my review may change after my stay.

However, since I booked my room (Spa King) a couple weeks ago, the staff who have answered my email questions regarding special requests and questions have been phenomenal. They have responded back to me quicker than any other hotel I have stayed at before. They've been able to answer questions regarding restaurant reservations, guests in the rooms, laundry/dry cleaning services, room service, and respond to my request of a late check-out, if possible. If this is an indication of the customer service I will receive upon arrival, then I am impressed.

Needless to say, I will only be able to stay at the Park Hyatt Dubai for one night while I have a 30 hour layover in Dubai but I am already anxious for my one night and enjoying myself in one of the spa rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank skystone4
Traveler232009, Director of Sales at Park Hyatt Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor and we look forwad to welcoming you in mid February to our property!
With kind regards
Director of Sales & Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (2,233)

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I am staying right now in ph dubai. It is still very hot. Like a european summer. It is almost 30 degrees. The hotel is beautiful. It is like a little oasis in bustling dubai. Service is perfect. I have a king room with perfect view on the creek, but also to dubai downtown with the burj khalifa. Although the hotel is very nice i have to mention that the pool area is too small for this time of season. It is so crowded right now. And it is not easy to swim inside the pool. But the area is very nice...concernig the rooms, they are really big and the furniture is nice. Although the hotel seems a little bit outdated. To summarise it the hotel is very nice, but there is still room for improvement...

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!

We would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Tripadvisor and for the positive comments about the hotel’s set up, location, rooms and the attentiveness of our team! As you rightly pointed out, there are some areas for us to improve our product which we are currently looking into in order to improve further our guests experience.
We do hope that we will the the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Dubai in the future.
With kind regards,

Reviewed December 25, 2012

As you'd expect at a Hyatt, very comfortable rooms, efficient, friendly service and pleasant dining/bar areas. The corporate rate we paid was very reasonable and it's very convenient for the airport. Just a few issues - why do Hyatt hotels always seem to have such complicated showers? It took what seemed an eternity to figure out how to get a strong, hot shower - the taps weren't self-explanatory and the system wasn't explained in the hotel guide. I also has to summon help to increase the strength of the air conditioning. And one final thing, the signage could be better to help you get from rooms to the lobby. The lift tells you which floor to get too, but then you're abandoned - and it's a big hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
We would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review on Tripadvisor!
We appreciate your positive comments about the hotel’s location, rooms and the attentiveness of our team! We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.
However and as you rightly pointed out, there are some areas for us to improve our product which have been noted and will be looked into.
We do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Park Hyatt Dubai in a future visit.
With kind regards,

Reviewed December 25, 2012

As one of the most exciting destinations in the world, Dubai has consistently been on the travel itineraries of both the wealthy and business elite around the globe. As such, it can be understood why some of the best hotels in the world call this Emirate home. With ratings with so many stars, that distant galaxies find themselves jealous, these hotels are TRULY the best in the world. Having been to Dubai several times, many years ago, this was my first stay at the Dubai Park Hyatt. To put things in perspective, I am Hyatt Diamond member, who was a Platinum at the time of my stay, as such I will cover from my check in, to check out.

The reservation process was done through the Hyatt.com website. I originally booked a standard king room, but upon arrival, made the decision to upgrade to a "Spa Suite." The entire staff, was not only friendly, and knowledgeable, but always eager to help. I have learned over time, that the heart and soul of many hotels, are not just the management and desk staff, but really the support staff. The bell hops, the room service, house keeping, even the pool and spa attendees, really help you feel what the "culture" is at hotel. The bell staff that carried my luggage to the room was very pleasant to talk to.

As we went to the room, I could not help but to be struck by the attention to detail that is all over the property. From the wood accents, nature paths in the gardens, art work around the hotel, even the classic clock that is by the vanity sink in the room, the details were well pronounced. The addressed, hand-written welcome letter from the manager in the room was a great touch that is often looked over in this day of electronic communication. I loved the the fact that there was a bowl of fruit and individual brew coffee and teas that was ready, and welcomed after such a long travel day.

The entire property has rooms that all face the Dubai Creek as well as the beautiful Dubai skyline. As I stood out on the balcony of my room, I learned that if the traffic in Dubai is too much for you, you can get to the hotel via seaplane. Walking around the hotel, makes me not want to call this property a hotel at all, but in essence a resort!

The spa suite was every bit as relaxing as can be, with my only request would be some aroma therapy oils for use and maybe a way to have some music either available to be piped in, whether via iPod connection or remotely. There may have been something and I might have just simply overlooked it.

As far as dining, I did breakfast during my stay at one of the restaurants on the property. While set up as a buffet, the availability of cooked to order items, added a very sophisticated touch. Belgian waffles, Eggs Benedict, smoked salmon and other items were included. The juices are as fresh as can be. The view from the terrace, overlooking the bay is absolutely AMAZING!

One evening, I did go down by the Marina to have a meal. I tend to eat dessert first, and just LOVED how the presentation of the cheesecake arrived. The beer was as cold as can be, and the meal was great. The only drawback was the calamari, which happens more times than not, was probably 30 seconds to a minute over cooked and had a slight rubbery texture. Other than that, everything was great.

Getting around Dubai can be a bit tricky. While you can get metered city cabs to come and pick you up, the hotel has their own cab service which are truly limousine quality. Large SUVs and luxury sedans are available at a moment's notice. My only caution to you, is that it is better to arrange directly with the hotel any pickup times and locations than with the driver. I was charged for almost 2 hours of "waiting" by a driver that was to pick me up at the mall across the highway from the hotel, which takes less than 5 minutes to get to. I noticed this on checkout, and the hotel staff was gracious in removing the charge. In the future, I will just have the hotel send me a car.

And I do stress, "IN THE FUTURE," because I plan for the Park to be one of my regular stops when traveling through Dubai. Close to the airport, and right on one of the best golf courses in the world, this property will be one of my favorites. The beds are comfortable, rooms are EXCEPTIONALLY clean with little to no dust anywhere (IN THE DESERT!).

If I was a Hyatt executive, I would push to make this property one of the FEATURE properties world wide. While I have spent several nights in the Andaz properties, this Park property rivals them in many ways.

In closing, I do want to add. When I first went to Dubai some 10 years ago, in my twenties, I enjoyed the thriving and exciting night life that the Dubai had to offer. Whether it was out in town or at the local hotels, the party always seemed to never stop. Now, when I go to my hotels, it is to get away from the noise and action and to rest. The weekend that I was at this property, I believe their occupancy was in the neighborhood of about 96%. Yet, the property was amazingly quite, with only the sound of birds throughout most of the day.

Thank you to the staff of the Park Hyatt Dubai for making this trip memorable.

Leighton DaCosta
Photographer

Room Tip: All rooms face the water and have a balcony or patio. I prefer to be on higher floors, and if possib...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Leightnite

Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's product in such great detail and please rest assured that all your comments have been taken under consideration. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel andt the positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Please contact me directly at angela.christodoulopoulou@hyatt.com before your next stay at Park Hyatt Dubai, as I would like to take the opportunity to meet you personally and thank you for your encouraging comments.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great value if using a Diamond Suite Ugrade, the staff simply know how to estimate your needs. Also, arguably still the best brunch in Dubai on the Fridays. I like the rooms, the quality and feel of the place, the cost effective hotel car service (and if you book a suite, they will provide free airport transfers). The choice of restaurants excellent and breakfast and lunch in the main restaurant is of very high quality.

It's easy to see why this is a Park Hyatt. Great staff, very friendly, nothing too much trouble and the consummate professionals in their service delivery. I stay here for business and leisure and they are always great.

Room Tip: Build 3 (which is closest to the lobby). Rooms have a quirky numbering system. The first number is t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Park Hyatt D, Director of Sales at Park Hyatt Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's room product and food & beverage selection as well as the attentiveness and friendliness of our team. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in October 2012. Incredible reception staff. Very happy and welcoming. Large hotel with a boutique, intimate feel. Great breakfast. Rooms were sparkling. Rain shower was very impressive. Great location. Cabs always available. Pool was stunning to look at. Gym was never crowded. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the water. So exciting to hear Arabic prayers across the river. Made our...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
Thank you for recognising Park Hyatt's attentiveness and friendliness of our team, as well as the rooms of the hotel and the swimming pool and gym area. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope we have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Checked in for one night in the spa suite with access to the garden and the creek. The room was well proportioned and included a private steam room which was lots of fun when we figured out how to use it.

We used the Amara spa and then dined at Traiteur and the experience was exceptionally good.

There were a few hiccups; guest services forgot to have a bouquet of flowers which I'd ordered waiting for us in our room and an unseasonably long time before anyone answered a phone but we decided to give them the benefit of the doubt being our first over night stay here and put this down to high capacity at the hotel. The Terrace where we stopped at for a aperatif before heading down to dinner was wrapping up their Friday brunch and you had the usual crowd of loud, boorish stragglers who were so raucous that we couldn't hear ourselves talk.

That said, I should re-emphasize that overall impression was that when you were in the hands of the staff they were extremely warm and will go the extra mile to fulfill almost any request (within reason) and the only reason this isn't getting an excellent rating is because of the delays reaching someone (the noisy bunch at the Terrance could certainly never be the hotels fault).

All in all, a wonderful weekend and we will certainly be coming back for more.

Room Tip: Ask for the spa suite room on the ground floor which opens out to the gardens and the walkway along...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer, greetings from Park Hyatt Dubai!
We appreciate your positive comments about the hotel’s room product and the attentiveness of our team! We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.
However and as you rightly pointed out, there are some areas for us to improve our product and please note that we will take your comments under serious consideration.

We look forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back to Park Hyatt Dubai.
with kind regards