“Nice stay at the heart of the city”
Review of Roda Al Murooj

Roda Al Murooj
Ranked #101 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Staying at Al Murooj Rotana was a great experience, with its location at the heart of the city and next to dubai mall "world's largest mall" its an ideal option if you'd like to have a break while still being at the city.
The room was very luxurios and clean with balcony viewing the pool, the room service is super, they just do things in a record of time.
The breakfast was very good, u'll find a variety of tasty and delecious food till 11:00 am, in addition the have a variety of restaurants.
what I didnt like about it was just the long time vallet took to get my car " that happened for 3 or 4 times" and the "relatively long" time they took to finalize our check-out and the small lobby which get crowded with russian girls at night.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,592)

Reviewed August 21, 2009

many variety of restuarants, the food is verry tasty, especially the italian night at Pergolas restaurant .

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2009

This was a quick "Girls" weekend getaway. While the Rotana family has over 12 hotels in Dubai, I chose this one as from the reviews, it seemed to have a nice "resort" feel. Glad I DID!! Just as others have stated, you were welcomed with smiles and never a bother. I always book "Club Rooms" as I think it's definitely worth the extra cost..ie free internet, afternoon snacks and most importantly "unlimited alcoholic drinks" in the evenings. On one nite, they had a display of Sushi that was just scrumptious (and I don't eat just anyone's Sushi!) One morning we decided to try the breakfast in the main lobby.........uh........no! It was like a circus and had to find someone to just to pour us some coffee. As far as the rooms, they are really nice but SMALL. If you need space, upgrade to a suite. (Unfortunately, for us they were all booked and tried to accomodate us by putting us in an two bedroom apartment) We told them we'd like to "see it" first and then decide. Well.....it's HUGE, but is not as updated in style and decor in its interior as the rest of the hotel. Thanks for trying:-)
It's better suited for longer stays. Had a wonderful massage for half price "summer special" and the Club lounge also gave us two free alcoholic drink coupons upon check-in at the "Double Decker" Pub. Had a scumptious lunch at "Zaika" Indian restaurant. Would I stay there again? You BET!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Babygrl1
Reviewed June 9, 2009

The approach to the hotel was marred by the construction activity around. However, inside the hotel everything was good. The staff was helpful when I was looking at excursion options. Room service was prompt and within the time limit they mentioned while placing the order.
I tried two restaurants and both exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I stayed in Al Murroj with a friend, it is the third time i have stayed there and certainly not the last, the hotl is beautifull, full of marble and fresh flowers, staff are always there to greet you at the doors, and i never had to wait for a taxi or car.

The rooms are very well services, in the morning and in evening for turndown service, the staff always remember me every time i return, which is great.

The restaurants are great...although a little expensive....but food is delicious.

The only qualm i have is obviously the contruction, once your in the hotel you cant hear it but once outside, it is a bit of an eye sore, it would be nice at some point to talk a walk over to the dubai mall (if they ever build a pedestrian crossing) lol, also nearly everyday i took a taxi to jumeirah beach and it took less than 20 mins in rush hour and cost roughly 30dhs, just make sure the taxi drivers start out the meter on 3dhs as they like to put it higher if ur a tourist.

Overall the hotel is great, the next time i return to dubai (next week) i will be staying in Le Meridien not Al Murooj only because of business...if it was pleasure it would be Al Murooj all the way baby lol.

ps...i will also write a review on Le Meridien once completed

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank EmJay1981
Reviewed May 31, 2009

My partner and I arrived in Dubai on a midnight flight. We had a four night stay booked on the Club Floor which included limousine pickup. We were looking forward to being welcomed by our limousine pick up however one never arrived. We were told by reception that we never organised a pick up although they could tell me of the flight we were to arrive in on (only mentioned in the email requesting pick up). We were told to catch a cab (30 minute wait in 40 degree heat at 1am) and they would reimburse us which they did. We then arrived at reception to be told yet again that we had not organised a car pick up but mentioned my email. (Contradictions were rife!) My partner and I were then placed in a non smoking room that wreaked of smoke. We were told no other rooms available until the following day. The shower then lost pressure about seven times so needless to say I was at my wits end and ready to find another hotel the following day.

We made our way to breakfast on the Club Floor to be greeted by an extremely friendly yet professional young lady. She kindly advised that they had another room for us and that concierge would organise the luggage. We had breakfast and found the young gentleman especially Vyksh (apologise if incorrect spelling) to be wonderful. The service supplied to us by the staff on the 14th floor were outstandng and turned our stay around. The concierge were also all extremely polite and willing to assist with any enquiries we had which made our stay more pleasurable. I can not however say the same about the staff on the main reception in the foyer. We found them rude, non willing to help and did not follow up on issues we had encountered.

We were given a complimentary dinner in the Pergolas restaurant for the inconvenience on the first night which we were advised included drinks however our we were billed woth these drinks on our check out. (They hesitantly removed these in the end).

We are still awaiting for the refund of the deposit taken from our credit card however if we only dealt with the fantastic staff on the 14th floor we would stay again otherwise definitely not.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Stayed at the Al Murooj Rotana for 7 nights on business in Dubai. It's a nice 5 star hotel, a 40 dirham taxi ride from the airport. Reception is quite impressive - lots of marble, fountains, chrome etc, and incredibly efficient and friendly staff.

I arrived at 00:30 on a Saturday morning, and the downstairs disco was pumping very loud music out, with several people spilling out of the club and onto the driveway up to reception. Not the greatest first impression, but I was put in a room on the 7th floor, so it really didn't bother me in the least.

My room was average sized for Dubai (in the UK, it would be huge, but hotels in Dubai all seem to be much larger than their European counterparts), and well appointed, with the usual minibar / plasma TV / phone & TV volume in the bathroom / air con / dressing gown & slippers, and a nice separate desk and comfortable working chair by the window. I overlooked the rear of the hotel, so could see the 4 or 5 separate swimming pools, outside bar, and patio area below.

The food was excellent - there are 5 or 6 different restaurants on site, and I ate in the buffet restaurant on a couple of occasions. Lots of choice, vast selections of salads, breads, and desserts, and a central area with a couple of chefs who will happily cook the fresh chicken, steak, and fish available. Lots of kiddie-friendly options too - although I was away on business, I spotted plenty of food that my 8 year old would have happily eaten.

The only time I found the bar at the hotel was on my first night - after an 8 hour flight, I fancied a quick beer before hitting the sack, so found the Bus Stop English Pub.... yep, after flying halfway across the world from England, I found that the hotel had an Olde Worlde English pub in the basement! It seemed quite a trendy place to drink, so had very loud music and plasma TVs everywhere showing MTV, but the beer was cold and hit the spot.

The only downside to the hotel (and this is a problem with much of Dubai at the moment) is the scale of construction going on all around the hotel. For example, the Dubai Mall is only about 800 metres from the hotel, but standing in between is an 8 lane dual carriageway, plus a construction site, which means that you have to take a 10 minute taxi ride round the oneway system, only to end up a stones throw from where you began! It's also worth noting that construction is worked on 24 hours a day, and although it didn't affect me, I suspect that this was due to my room being on a high floor. A few other reviewers have reported quite a lot of noise on lower floors, so make sure you ask for a high floor when you book!

All in all, a good business hotel, and one that I'd stay at again. Only downer was the very expensive internet access (about 12 GBP per day).

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business