WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Al Murooj Rotana

Al Murooj Rotana
Ranked #68 of 543 Hotels in Dubai
Doha, Qatar
“Good location, average rooms, terrible WiFi policy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights in the Al Murooj Rotana Suites (not the main hotel, but services apartments next door). Location is great, directly next to Dubai mall and 30min cab ride away from anything (airport, Atlantis etc.). No WiFi available in the rooms. WiFi in the lobby is free for guests...this is what they say. Unfortunately your status as guest vanishes immediately after check-out... I wanted to use WiFi after check-out while waiting for the cab and the reception told me that i need to pay an extra fee for that, irrespective of the fact that i just stayed a couple of nights there. Next time in Dubai will stay in one of the many places that offer free WiFi (even in the rooms)!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank MarkusBikker
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Al Murooj Rotana posted on TripAdvisor.

Your valued feedback and suggestions are important for us to improve continuously our service quality as our goal is not only to meet but even exceed our guests’ expectations.

With much regret we learnt that your stay was not an entirely satisfactory one for which we sincerely wish to apologize for any inconvenience caused. In general our team shows flexibility and be assured that the matter will be addressed.
Such occurrence does not reflect our usual standards nor our procedures we conduct our business at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai.

May I take this opportunity again to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and I sincerely hope to welcome you back at another opportunity to convince you of our otherwise fine services.

Kind regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Everything is perfect for me when I stayed 4 nights at Al Murooj Rotana. Great personnel services with a smile, great buffet breakfast plenty selections of food at the restaurant, clean facilities and the biggest shopping mall is just across the road.

Room Tip: I was in a quiet room, huge bed and overlooking the tallest building in Dubai called Burj Khalifa.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your very positive review of your recent holiday with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai. I am happy to read about your experience with our hotel facilities and services. Thank you for recommending especially our culinary offers which is highly appreciated!

It is very pleasing to read how much you have enjoyed your time with us.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai in the future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

very good hotel to stay, its one of my hotels I always chose to stay, great amazing hospitality, their customer service is really good, specially with new local emarati customer relation they have , clean kneet hotel, and if you are big group or family my advice to book at hotel apartment,huge clean , we didn't know about breakfast timing , we thought it finish at 11 am, actually it was at 10:300, we complain to their customer service the local lady their with her smiley face was very professional & friendly & she solve the problem, they send us the breakfast to the room & for free,
I love the staying my friends too, and this was at the hotel apartments.
sure I'm going to stay their again .

Room Tip: hotel apartment are good if you are with kids,or big family
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and recommend our hotel on TripAdvisor.

With delight I read that you tried both, our Hotel and Suites, and found both excellent in regards to the quality of our facilities and service. Thank you especially on commenting Ms. Yokoba on her good guest service skills. Be assured that your kind feedback will be shared with her.

I do hope you will return to Dubai in the near future and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Al Murooj Rotana.

Beirut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is my second stay at Al Murooj Rotana. My experience this time is better. Very professional staff and all are helpful. AVA at the front desk was very very helpful. ALL staff and I mean all are kind and considerate.
The hotel is very near to Dubai Mall, walking distance.
Everything in this hotel is neat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your very positive review of your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai, at the same time thank you for your loyalty.

I am happy to read about your experience with our hotel facilities and services. It is very pleasing to read how much you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you also for recommending Ms. Ava on her outstanding guest service skills and be assured that your kind feedback will be shared with her.

Thank you for your valuable time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai in the future.

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great Hotel to stay in, pleasant staff and facilities.
Experienced a few minors:
The fee upon arrival to reclaim when leaving was done in error:
On top of 500 AED 6300 AEd was charged.
Upon arrival my bag had been taken to another (meeting-)room.
The airconditioning units outside my room I could hear very loud in my room (404) this I should have mentioned to the reception desk myself.
The other 2 minors were correctly corrected by the staff (Tom at the reception did great) although I felt like an upgrade offer would have been more appropriate but I did not ask for it.
Facilities (meeitng room) and specifically Restaurant are above excellent.
The room (classic)
Hotel offers Double Decker bar (too bad they allow smoking inside there) which allows a BIG DADDY 2,5 kg hamburger to be ordered. I tasted the best burger (cheeseburger regular) ever there.
Location is perfect, The hotel access however not completely clear if you are a pedestrian. Dubai Mall is 5 minutes walk

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not allowing any noise of the outside airconditioning.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review of your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai.

I am glad to read that in general you enjoyed your stay with us and especially appreciated our culinary offers. Thank you also for praising Mr. Tom for his good customer service skills. Be assured that your comments certainly will be shared with our team.

I also took good note of our shortcomings and wish to emphasize that these will be addressed. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort caused.

Your time is appreciated to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai in the future.

Chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed for 2 days in this hotel and its value for money. This hotel has everything good about it. Clean room, courteous staff, excellent service, perfect location and amazing breakfast. I reach Dubai by 8.30 am and they allowed me early checkin at 9.30 as informed earlier. I recommend this to my friends here. I would like to choose this hotel again for my future trips to Dubai.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
UAndorff, Executive Assistant Manager at Al Murooj Rotana, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review of your recent stay with us at Al Murooj Rotana Dubai.

I am glad to read about your experience with our hotel facilities and services and to read that you indeed had an enjoyable stay also due to the early check-in which was provided complimentary. Please be assured that our Front Desk Team does anything possible to fulfill all special requests, however, sometimes cannot due to high business demands.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and recommending us on TripAdvisor and look forward to welcoming you back to Al Murooj Rotana Dubai in the future.

Ayrshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Location brilliant for sightseeing and shopping. Diagonally across the road from the worlds biggest shopping mall (Dubai Mall) and Burj Khalifa. Room was big with all things expected in a 5 star. Maid service twice daily. Pool area and spa area excellent. Staff were all very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Double Decker pub worth a visit.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

With delight I read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Thank you for emphasizing on the attentiveness and friendliness of our colleagues – your kind comment will certainly be shared with the team. Your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.