“Only one night, but would use again”
Review of Roda Al Murooj

Roda Al Murooj
Ranked #85 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Excellent facilities that I cannot fault. The airport service and business lounge were very good and took the hassle out of travell and full agenda.
From a tourist point of view I cannot comment on location but you are close to Al Burj Tower with its dancing fountains and the Dubai Mall.

Room was excellent with all the facilities that you need. Staff were also excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you so posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you did enjoy your one night stay with us. Your comments on the room facilities have been noted as well as your comments about the location of the hotel. It would be our pleasure to be of service to you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,760)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a great stay in September 2012!! The hotel staff were fantastic and so helpful. Nothing was a hassle for them. The rooms were lovely and very modern. Really comfortable beds and pillows. Great buffet breakfast! The Dubai Mall is just across the road, so the location is fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2012
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

It was a pleasure to read your positive comments about the hotel and it’s location. Furthermore I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our team members were able to meet with your expectations. Thank you for sharing your recent stay feedback with us.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

After 3 nights in Nassima Tower, we decided to stay in Al Murooj Rotana. Main reason is because its opposite Dubai Mall so we dont have to catch a taxi everytime we want to shop in Dubai Mall. It was the best decision to changed hotel. Al Murooj Rotana is a very cozy hotel, clean and the staff are very friendly. The buffet dinner was amazing. We will definitely go back to Al Murooj Rotana for the next visit. But not in July again because the weather was too hot. We will be looking some time around December for the next visit. By the way, Dubai Mall is fantastic! I could not believe how huge is the shopping mall!

Room Tip: Would add value if Al Murooj Rotana offer shuttle service from the hotel to Dubai Mall during the ho...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kassookoon
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

We do appreciate you are sharing your recent stay experience with us on TripAdvisor. With the same note we are glad to read you have enjoyed your stay at the Al Murooj Rotana. Your compliments for the Buffet Dinner and your overall impression are noted. Your recommendation for a shuttle bus during the summer months has further been noted. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in December.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have been to Dubai a few times and have stayed at different places each time, ranging from very expensive to budget. To me, this is mid range in price and is my favourite place to stay.

It is a beautiful hotel with everything you could want in a holiday resort. Large luxurious room, a gorgeous pool area and close to great shops. It is located cross the road from the Dubai Mall which is a fantastic shopping experience, and also close to the Burj Khalifa. The hop-on hop off tour bus stops here which is very handy for getting around the whole of Dubai. The staff were all excellent and very helpful with anything you ask for.

The breakfast buffet was very nice and the restaurants were all very good. I only had a couple of nights here as a stopover on my way back home to Australia from Europe, but I would like to stay here again for longer next time for my main holiday destination.

I had to use their computer facilities to print out my boarding pass for my flight home and they kindly allowed me to do this for free. I have noticed on other people's reviews that they whinge about the cost of the internet, but as far as I'm concerned, when I go on holiday I like to enjoy the country I'm in and go out to enjoy myself sightseeing - not sit in front of a computer all day!

I have recommended this hotel to my friends and would also like to do the same for you. Have a great trip!

Room Tip: I didn't have a view of the Burj Khalifa from my room which didn't bother me at all, but if...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

It was a pleasure reading your detailed feedback for the hotel on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate feedback as this way we are able to monitor our services and facilities. Your comments and recommendation have been noted and we do look forward of being of service to you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Impeccable service. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The food was delicious (great selection) and I had a simply brilliant time. Ladies please note, It's positioned by a huge shopping mall - hurrah!

I have signed up to agoda.com who'll give you great rates on hotels by the way so do compare this site with other companies.

Additionally, I got cheaper flights through travelbag.co.uk than through booking through Emirates directly!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

We do appreciate you are sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and the location added additional value to your stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Compared with other hotels that I've stayed in Dubai, including Hyatt, Le Meridian, Milleneum, Copthorne, Al Murooj Rotana' staff are the most friendliest.

In particular staff of Business Centre, IT Department, Concierge.

Hotel's location is also within stone throw away from Dubai Mall and Dubai International Financial Centre.

Swimming pool looks great, and surrounded by other mini pools adjacent to appartment complexes.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your positive feedback and the comments in regards to the friendliness of our team members. It is very motivating to receive positive feedback and even more so if this is done on TripAdvisor. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

First time to the city and was very impressed with the hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful which doesnt always sit comfortably well with a Brit!

Location is excellent for Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa, but is a 20min taxi to JBR or JLT and a 10min walk to nearest metro - Dubai isnt built for pedestrians. Hotel taxi was on hand once and over charged me for a trip to Jumeriah, but you live and learn!

Pool was quiet and staff always on hand with towels or a menu,I didnt feel pressured into buying from the bar.

I cant comment on the restaurant as I always ate out but the Double Decker, British themed pub attached I can recommend, the Bar Manager was very hospitable even showing football match I wanted to see!

Have recommended the hotel to friends and I would stay again, cant say fairer than that.

Room Tip: My room faced the pool, probably more serene than facing the busy Financial Road but didnt spend too...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for your positive feedback. We do appreciate your comments and we are glad we were able to meet with your expectations. It would be our pleasure to be your host again during your next visit to Dubai.