“Fantastic- have now converted from JBR”
Review of Roda Al Murooj

Roda Al Murooj
Ranked #108 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This was the first time I have stayed in a "non-western" chain. Normally I stay in Hilton/Sheraton etc, but I was informed that I would be happy here. I had no idea what to expect but was pleasantly surprised from the moment I arrived to the moment I left.

It is about 15 minutes from the airport and check-in was as you would wish. I visited the English Pub, Doubledeker, for a quick drink which tries its best to be authentic, but when it is 10pm and 35 degrees outside it is hard to emulate rainy England!

What I never realised was just how close Dubai Mall was to the hotel. You can walk there, although it involves crossing a set of roads similar to a motorway intersection, there are lights, so be patient. Once inside the mall, there are numerous shops and eateries and also access to the Dancing Water Jets outside the Burj Khalifa.

Service was excellent and the rooms spacious. Will definately stay there again if I am in town for Business. The main reason you might not want to stay here is its lack of beach front. Swimming pool looked good though!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Roda Al Murooj

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was the second of the Rotana properties in which I have stayed in Dubai. This is an excellent property, only about 10-15 minutes from the airport and right downtown. The Executive Lounge is beautiful, with great food, High Tea and evening fare. I was very sick with a cold while I was there and the staff were very dutiful about making sure my teapot was full. My room was on the small side, but with a view from the window of Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. One comment I need to make about the bathroom, though. The bathtub (with shower) was dangerously high off the floor, making that first, very wet and slippery step after one's shower, a precarious one. Add to that the fact that no matter what I did to keep water in the shower with the shower curtain, it just ran all over the floor. I just think that is a recipe for disaster. I imagine that guests have slipped on the wet floor trying to get out of the shower before.

That is the only negative I have on my 6 day stay at this hotel. The staff was welcoming, polite and very friendly. The pool is beautiful, but because I was sick I never used the health club, so can't remark about that.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a Burj Khalifa view. It's pretty spectacular. Go with the upgrade to the Club...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank criswelldavis
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Make sure you'll book a club level room to get all their benefits: free food and drinks, top-floor lounge, faster check-in/out.
The hotel has it's own car-park (Lexus IS) and they charge you almost the same as city taxi. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: make sure to book a Club room
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My partner and I stayed here for 10 days in October and it was excellent. We booked a club room which is definitely worth the upgrade as you receive complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks and canapes in the club rotanta lounge which is nice and peaceful as no kids are allowed. The room was very comfortable and clean and the staff couldn't do enough for you. All the restaurants at the hotel are really good and reasonably priced otherwise the dubai mall is only a 5- 10 minute walk away where there are numerous restaurants.

All other attractions which arent't located at the dubai mall such as the burj al arab, wild wadi, jumeirah markets, mall of emirates and the gold souks are quite close and is only about a AUD10 taxi ride away.

Overall wold recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: If possible ask for a pool view room as some of these rooms have a view of the burj khalifa. Also de...
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 6 nights at the end of a three week trip to the Far East. We wanted just rest and relaxation in the sun after a lot of sightseeing. We chose this hotel because the price was competitive and we were looking for a hotel with a nice pool area. This hotel fulfilled all of these requirements and was also very well situated for visiting the Dubai Mall which was within easy walking distance. We booked a Club Rotana room and the facilities in the Club Lounge were very comprehensive.
We arrived at the airport very early in the morning on a flight from Hong Kong and were transferred in a hotel car courtesy of Club benefits. We checked in immediately (05.45) but there was no room ready so we were offered a pot of tea and we sat in the lobby to wait for a room to become available. We were taken to a room at 06.30 but it was a smoking room and was not acceptable to us as non-smokers. We understood that they were trying to be helpful by offering us a room as early as possible so we could get some rest and we appreciated their consideration but preferred to continue to wait in the lobby until a non-smoking room became available. We were not waiting for much longer (less than an hour) before another room was offered to us and it was lovely - it was still many hours earlier than the designated check-in time and we were very pleased to get a room so quickly.
Our room was lovely. It was very big and bright and light. It had all the usual facilities and the bed was huge and comfortable.
The pool area was very impressive for a city hotel with lots of sunshine all day. There were plenty of sunloungers and parasols and the pool was beautiful with waterfalls etc. Two huge pool towels were provided each and the pool staff were very helpful. We really enjoyed our mornings here and achieved the rest and relaxation that we were looking for!
We walked over to the Dubai Mall on a couple of afternoons and again one evening to watch the dancing fountains. It was about a 10 minute walk - yes, it was very hot but easy to do. There were a couple of huge roads to cross but there were crossing lights on there and it was usually possible to wait in the shade under the road bridges!
We also went to the Mall of the Emirates which took about 15 minutes in a taxi - cost about 35 AED.
We used the Club Lounge for afternoon tea on a couple of occasions and the food was very nice. We used the Lounge every evening for canapes and red wine and that was excellent! The food was amongst some of the best that we have ever had in a Club Lounge.
We also had breakfast but took that in the buffet restaurant and the food here was very good with a wide selection and good service.
We had another transfer back to the airport in the hotel car again (about 15 minutes away) and it was a very good end to a very good stay.
We were very pleased with our choice of hotel. The service was excellent, the staff were always accommodating and the hotel facilities that we used were very impressive. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a Club room if possible!
3  Thank scorching
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I live in this hotel many times , it is very nice hotel, quite and elegant , rooms as it shall be in matter of cleaning and equpments , I never complain any missworking thing , around the hotel there is a bank and a place to have a breakfast in. there brake fast also good read the membership you of rotana you might be use it if staying for long time
the hote is a walking distance from the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa , you can injoy shopping any time you want .
for families there is a partments with big space just the next building it also managed by the hotel and you get same standard of clean and services .
the breakfast is very nice .
some thing I shouldent forget : the staff there are friendly and helpfull
in the loby ask for the arabian dates and coffee its nice .

Room Tip: Room 620 it has a jacozy in a big terrace , or get a room in the garden side Back side of hotel
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Due-reviewer
Reviewed October 7, 2011

we were in hotel from 9 to 13 september 2011 , everything was excellent : nice rooms , marvelous view , qualified staff especiali mr. samy yunes front desk manager .you really feel to live in heaven . i really enjoyed with my family . thanks for sending my daughter,s cellphone to airport .

Room Tip: rooms to the garden side are fabolous
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family