“Great Complex not just Hotel”
Review of Roda Al Murooj

Roda Al Murooj
Ranked #102 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights at the Classic Room on May 2010. I was satisfied with the room amenities. The room is spacious. It has excellent location for business and leisure travelers. Also it is few minutes walking to Dubai Mall and to Downtown Burj Khalifa.

The pool area is magnificent. The whole complex is wonderful.
I tried breakfast and dinner at the main restaurant and it was great experience. I tried the lunch at the Indian Restaurant (Zaika) and basically it was excellent. Zaika is the best Indian cuisine in the city. The Double Decker bar is one of the main night spots in the city.

The rates are quite high but it deserves because of the many options and facilities. The hotel stuff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: High Floor room facing the pool area
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Mohi_Khater
Write a ReviewReviews (2,568)

Reviewed August 12, 2011

The hotel consists of several buildings that include the hotel, apartments, suites and apartments.
We had a number of premium (308), with its own terrace. But after the first night, we changed the standard. The fact is that just below us is a bar, which worked until three o'clock in the morning, sleep is impossible. So we asked to higher and overpowered us on the 11th floor.

Hotel services at a level worthy breakfast. The room has everything, down to the ironing board with iron. Mini-bar was breaking from the proposed beverages. Prices naturally kus kus-(bank "Heineken" 0,33 l - 35 dirhams for the ruble, multiply by 7.7 and Pepsi - 18 dirhams).
On site are two swimming pools, the first depth of 1.55m, 1.80m second. The second pool must pass through the club of the hotel and very beautiful, green area. Swimming in the pool or sunbathing on a lounger not notice that you're practically in the heart of the metropolis.
Besides, the hotel has 4 restaurants (with the Lebanese, Indian, Latin cuisine) restaurant where breakfast and the evening themed dinner (250 dirhams) and the above mentioned bar, quite popular in Dubai, which has a large selection of draft beer.
In the opposite wing of the main entrance is a supermarket, exchange office and two cafes. In one of the few times we dined. The quality is good, prices are democratic (large pizza margarita - 31 dirhams).
Because our hotel is located in close proximity to Burj Dubai and Khalifa mall, we went several times to show the fountains (enchanting), rose twice to the observation deck at 124 Khalifa floor (tickets purchased in advance for 100 dirhams), and just strolling through the galleries the world's largest mall.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank irun_11
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2011

Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor. Your detailed feedback of the hotel and it's services is very helpful for the hotel and it's team. This way we understand the expectations of our guests and we further understand where we can improve on services and facilities.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Well when I decided to book a hotel i was of the opinion that i would be in a 5 star hotel but was not so. the dingy room I was given had cups that were not cleaned properly and had lipstick mark of someone who stayed there So it showed how much they care about cleanliness. There are no basic amenities like tooth brush, sleepers. The beds are small and you wont feel comfortable as your feet will be outside the beds.The room service comes after an hour and after you call them again and again.When leaving the hotel the potter threw our baggage with carelessness and broke my 300 $ sunglasses. This service i got after being an exclusive member just imagine and what happens for normal guys.save your nerves and money and do not stay here.

Room Tip: Never stay here
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank drjohnas

We are sincerely sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We have noted your comments and concerns and we are currently working on improving the points you mentioned. The services you experienced are certainly not reflecting of our usual standards and we are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused. Your comments are appreciated.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

I arrived early in the morning after a red eye flight in Abu Dhabi. The hotel had organised a car to pick me up and take me straight to the hotel. When I arrived, I was greeted with a glass of chilled orange juice and my room was ready straight away.

The quality of the room was excellent. Great size, excellently appointed, huge balcony. Absolutely no complaints. That was until the night. I was on the second floor above the function rooms/suites and there was a wedding on for two nights which went on until 3am. The noise was bad and on the second night I phoned guest services. I was immediately reassigned a new room and fresh fruit was supplied as a way of apology (small thing, but a nice touch).

If there were things that stand out they would be:

1. Location: It is literally across the road from the Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa.
2. Service: The level, quality and genuine interest in guests was outstanding and would stand up against any five star hotel I have ever stayed in.
3. The food: The Pergolas restaurant had a different themed buffet each night at a set rate (very reasonable) which included some drinks. The quality of the different styles of fod was mind blowing. If I new how they did it I would replicate in London, Paris and Barcelona and retire early and rich!
4. The Double Decker Pub: This is as close I have have come to a true English pub outside of the UK. Great food and drink. You have to be in 40C heat to appreciate how good ice cold, draft cider can taste. A real gem.
5. Hotel Internet/wi-fi: Quite simply put this was blistering quick. For those of us that rely on such things on business trips, you will apreciate this.

I also took advantage of the club facilities on the fourteenth floor. This is a quiet haven for meetings, breakfast, etc. As a little note, if you walk to the end of the corridor on the fourteenth floor and look out of the window, the view of the Burj Khalifa is amazing.

This undoubtedly will become my base for all future trips to Dubai and I wholeheatedly recommend it. Rotana seem to have found a very good recipe for accomodation and service.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor, premium rooms are worth the price difference.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank JonahAJ
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This hotel is down town opposite the Dubai Mall,It was our first time in Dubai so the Al Murooj suited us fine. the taxi,s were so cheap we were able to do all the sightseeing we wanted from here. The breakfast was very good with an excellent choice of food, the service in the hotel from the minute we arrived could not be faulted. Our rooms were large, clean and comfortable, pool area nice, spa gets booked up very quickly we would love to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This is a very classy hotel with a lovely pool and great food. Both breakfast and lunch buffet was nice.
If you want a non-smoking room, make sure you stress this as I still ended up with a smoker room in spite of ordering a non-smoking. I did get a new room in a coupke of hours. Staff is helpful and polite, and the conference rooms are clean and great to use. Make sure to be careful with the air-conditioning as the difference between outside and inside temperature tends to be enough to give you a cold.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

A friend of mine gave me a voucher for a one night stay at this hotel. We informed the hotel when we made the reservation that we will only arrive at around 4pm as my husband and I are working. We requested for a classic room with one king size bed and non-smoking.

When we got there, they had to look for an available room despite the late check-in. They asked if we can wait for an hour while they prepare the room. We had no problem with that as we spent the hour in the lobby. After an hour, we checked back only to find out that the room they were supposedly preparing had two single beds. So they asked if we can wait another half hour. We were a bit unhappy with this but we didn't really show our disappointment.

I believe they felt bad about the situation so in return, they gave us complimentary breakfast for two at Pergolas, which we thought was a very nice gesture. We checked in and the room was very nice and clean. The staff are very friendly and would greet you whenever they see the guests.

Had dinner at Double Decker and ordered the double decker burger and the baby back ribs. Food was average. I had better ribs at Billy Blues (Rydges Hotel) but my husband thinks otherwise.

Overall, we had a nice one-day getaway at Al Murooj and the breakfast was just great!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
HHachem, Manager at Roda Al Murooj, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2011

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your short stay with us. Your comments and concerns in regards to your stay have been noted and shared with all concerned Team Members in the Hotel. It was further a pleasure to read that our employees were courteous and friendly and breakfast was offered as a gesture for the delayed check in.