4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$75
Travelocity$75
Priceline$93
3,184 results
All reviews dubai museum sherlock holmes pub bur dubai dubai creek indian restaurant meena bazaar executive floor buffet breakfast metro station souks mumtaz arabian
Selected filters
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Very food hotel right at the heart of Dubai.
Opposite Dubai museum. Very polite and helpful staff. Spa service available but expensive.Very Clean and big Room with indoor swimming pool make it even better.
Overall had a very pleasent 5 days stay in June.

Date of stay: June 2012
2  Thank faz s
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Again this hotel remains our favourite now, we stayed on our way to India , staff were excellent, always willing to help and advise, superb breakfast, and good choice of food. I booked via the hotel direct, worked out to be cheaper and was given a greater number options re the room.
The location is brilliant as all tourist sites are easy to access. Will be returning again soon

• Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank TDKToronto
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We are travelers all over the world. We also visited so many hotels but non of these will compare ARABIAN COURTYARD HOTEL. We booked the hotel last January 3, 2013 and stayed for 2 nights. Its a very interesting place with a very cozy and nice ambiance, very relaxing and comfortable big room With very friendly, approachable and helpful staff, especially the FRONT DESK and CONCIERGE who assisted us whenever we are in need. And also HOUSEKEEPING STAFF who always make our room tidy. Upon arrival in this hotel, we had a very warm welcome and a very sweet smile of the receptionist (Pinky) and the Manager (Mr. Mohamad) which makes us feel as if we already visited the hotel so many times. She gave us the room with a very nice view overlooking the famous museum on the Executive Floor and It was really fantastic. We never felt tired that time even if we traveled for 10 hours. The Concierge man (my apology I forgot the name-the slim one) helped us in our big luggage s until we reach the room. The following day, my husband and I planned to visit the tallest building but we doesn't have the idea on how we will get there! Good thing is that we were directed at the Concierge and they were the one who arranged everything for us. At night, we visited Sherlock Holmes, had some drink and enjoyed the band. A very good performers (they're from Asia, right?) We really enjoy this place. Everything was gone smoothly from the time we arrived until the time of check out. Pinky and Mr. Mohamad arranged everything (wake up call, early breakfast,including our transport to the airport) it was all in order. Thank you for the one who dropped us to the airport. We thank you for taking cared of us during our stay. Good job guys!!! You deserve a round of applause. Keep it up.
I recommended this hotel to my relatives and friends who also loves to travel. This is a must seen and must experience hotel in your journey.

Room tip: Ask for the room facing the museum it is really nice.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank JeMo28
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Once I turned the corner, I found the Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa. I was met instantly by a porter dressed in the traditional Arabian costume who took my luggage and ushered me into the reception area.

This is quite a place - I was attending the Arab Health 2013 Exhibition at the Dubai Convention Center and was booked here - great location and convenient to many places in what is considered the old part of Dubai - hotel is located across from the Dubai Museum. The room is quaint with ornate furnishings and all the comforts of home.

There are several restaurants in the hotel - Chinese and Indian - I had the pleasure of trying their Chinese restaurant and was pleasantly surprised with the decor and the food - definitely first class and it was a relief to finally taste authentic Chinese cuisine in the Middle East. I had the pleasure of eating breakfast on the Mezzanine - great view of the Dubai Museum. Great assortment of breakfast items - Continental - buffet - and eggs made to order to include pancakes and waffles.

The hotel is located only a few blocks from the the Metro and there are numerous shops and markets nearby. The hotel offers a shuttle service to the beach that includes a bag with towels. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available - 2 hours only but you can get more by paying for it on pre-paid cards. Only setback is that internet is tightly controlled by the government and you cannot Skype in Dubai.

The staff are very helpful, knowledgeable and cordial - including housekeeping. Other services include the gym and spa with indoor swimming pool.

I would definitely recommend this place - off the beaten track but worth staying for a few days.

Room tip: While I saw the reviews about staying on the side away from the main road and mosques, there is no escaping the early morning prayer - you can request a city or canal view - it matters not - the rooms are exceptional no matter where in the hotel you may be...
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank craines
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just got back yesterday. The hotel is good for the money. A great location if you like city breaks ( it is in old Dubai) plenty of shops but not a great many places outside the hotel to eat if you want if you want to eat European it is mostly Indian and local food.In the hotel itself the restaurants are good Sherlock Holmes which is English food,a Thai restaurant,an Indian restaurant and a pizza place. We tried the English,Thai and the pizza place which were all good. We had a room on the 2nd floor facing the museum (3 dirhams entry) and the Mosque . The call to prayers is at 6 am but it did not bother us you can hear it but it was not that loud. There is a small pool on the 1st floor with sun loungers nice to sit there in the afternoon. The hotel needs a bit of TLC but the staff could not do enough for you. We have stayed in many hotels all over the place but not many that the staff come to your door in the evening to enquire if you have enough fresh towels,shampoo,coffee,tea etc. The taxis are cheap we also had a try of the metro which was good very clean modern transport. The reason we went there was to go to the Burj Al Arab I have wanted to see it for many years we went for lunch it is AMAZING, The hotel runs a shuttle but to the Beach each day which is about 15 mins away (3 dirhams entry) it is a lovely beach and the hotel give you a beach pack containing a beach mat and a towel( great idea) You are near the creek which is a five minute walk away,great for a stroll in the evening and you can get a dhow across for 1 dirham (about 20 pence) The gold and spice souks are over there well worth seeing. Jumeirah beach area is a lot more modern with the mall of the emirates,Burj Khalifa, the Palm and many other great buildings. All in all it was a great holiday if we were to go back I would probably go to Jumeirah beach area. Hope this gives anyone going a bit of an idea what it is like. I can only say again the hotel staff were great they could not do enough for you. We also got 2 hours of free wifi per day. Taxis at the airport were aplenty and cheap.

Room tip: Rooms facing the museum are a nice view onto the main street you do hear some noise but it was not enough to bother us.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple