“GREAT LOCATION”

Arabian Courtyard Hotel & Spa
Ranked #147 of 564 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This hotel is perfectly situated in old Dubai, perfect for visiting the Textile Souk and a short trip across the creek to the gold & spice Souks.
The hotel itself is very comfortable and clean. We had the VIP package which is a nice bonus with a few perks in the hotel.
There are four restaurants in the hotel which really are the only decent places to eat in the area!
Remember you are in Old Dubai and looks it in places.
A short and cheap taxi ride will take you to Dubai Mall, shoppers paradise, take a fully loaded wallet!
Great restaurants and a must to see is the dancing water fountain.
If you have time do the jeep trip in the desert, fantastic! book through the hotel, much cheaper..

Room Tip: our room was very comfortable facing the museam, i am sure other rooms just as good..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chunky310
Write a ReviewReviews (2,831)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

From the moment we arrived we loved this hotel, even though we arrived late (3am) we were greeted with fresh juice and warm smiles. Our family suite was lovely with a view across to the Dubai Museum. You can wander down to the Creek and check out the Souks and the metro is a short walk away. We only stayed 3 nights but wished it was longer - I have recommended this hotel to all my friends since returning to Australia.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sue M
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel is fantastic, i loved the rooms.....so comfortable i didnt want to go out. The staff are so helpful. It has a laundry nearby and the grocery store. Free shuttle to airport. I arrived at midnight and was exhausted. The pool wasnt exactly amazing...but okay if u want a dip. But its near the souq and river.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Katherine P
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Arabian Courtyard is a city centre hotel, very near the souks, the abra station and within short walking distance of the Metro. The hotel has been designed to blend in and give an Arabian feel. The front of the hotel faces the Dubai Museum, an interesting view, not sure that the back of the hotel would provide anything as good a view as the front. The breakfast lounge faces the Dubai Museum and provides an excellent breakfast, to include a counter cooking eggs, pancakes and waffles to order. The hotel provides 2 hours of free WiFi access upon request, for what I needed this was sufficient. This is not a beach hotel, it doesn't have the same type of facilities and it would be unfair to compare it to one, so ensure you know what it is you want. If you’re after staying in a hotel, providing good value for money, placed in a good central location, offering its own good selection of restaurants and served by friendly helpful staff then this will meet your needs. I felt that this hotel ticked all the important boxes I was looking for, it met my expectations and so I had a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Good view from rooms at the front of hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mario d
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I love this hotel. I had a great stay in Dubai because of this hotel. Excellent location, Dubai museum across the street, everything at hand ! The hotel employees were awesome. I could not pick a better hotel. Excellent food also. If looking for a place to stay in Dubai then come here, location and service is first class !

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ReneeLynnIndia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very surprised with reviews about his hotel, as we thought it was absolutely terrible. When we arrived we were upgraded to the Executive level and the receptionist told us that we could use the Executive room. We had breakfast in the morning and we were told that we had to pay and we could not use the rooms facilities. I went down to reception to speak to the manager, I was waiting 20 minutes before the receptionist told me he was ready, by this time we I had had enough. Secondly, I came back to my room and my IPAD case was cracked and my IPAD was not working, I again complained that my IPAD had been damaged by the cleaner. I was promised a full enquiry into the incident and that the management would contact me, I still have not heard anything.
The hotels location is not the best and you have to get taxi's everywhere, which are cheap, but watch the drivers as we had two that we falling go sleep. The hotel is dated, the swimming pool is small! On the positive side the restaurants provide good quality food.
There are so many good hotels in Dubai, dont waste your time and money staying at this one!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Graham H
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I do not understand so high rating of this hotel. Me and my frined booked twin room, however when we arrived we discovered that our room is double with one big bed. At reception they told us that there are no more rooms, and they will bring one more bed to our room. So, they did. It was small single bed, resembling one used in hospitals...It was on wheels.
By the way, on reception there was a line. Always we needed to wait. Also it's important to mention that wi-fi internet access is granted by some cards which are given at reception and valid just for few hours, than you need to get new one.
Room itself in gerenal was ok, but not more than ok. View from window showed some roof with drying clothes...
Breakfast was good, really good and tasy. Big choice of dishes and all are awesome.
Sherlock Bar is nothing special, but ok, not bad,
We went to spa, which was quite enjoyable, except sauna, which could be hotter :)
Hotel is not expensive and it worth it's money, but do not expect something special, it's just ok :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends