“Great hotel at good price for the area”

Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Ranked #148 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Having used a number of hotel in the JLT/Marina area I can recommend Mövenpick. Very nice quality rooms, great pool area and overall great service level both a reception, restaurant, bar etc. Good flexibility, I wanted to make changes to my stay which wasnt a problem.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CEDubai
Hayden E, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Many thaks for your feedback.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much appreciate your strong recommendation.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,405)

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Situated in Jumeirah Lake Towers this hotel has very good location for all people who aw travelling on business, as it is very close to the new Dubai business district. The rooms are clean, service very prompt and the breakfast spread is very very good. It is next door to pizza express which serves great pizzas. Hotel provides limo airport pick n drop at reasonable rates. Overall a great hotel

• Stayed: April 2014
Hayden E, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, location and facilities. As you mention we are ideally located and equipped for the business traveller.

I am delighted you loved our breakfast, it is proving very polpuar for both our hotel guests and the local community.

Many thanks

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel is pretty new, but that can be said about most things in Dubai. I emailed ahead and requested a room with a great view, and they did not disappoint. The northeast facing side of the building has a fantastic view over Jumeirah Lakes Towers with the tall Almas Tower in the center. It really gives a great first impression of Dubai as a modern city. The staff at the hotel were all from a multitude of countries and were all very friendly and professional. The shower was powerful. Some hotels have showers with very low water flow that are annoying and a hassle to use, but this particular shower was pretty strong.

The cleaning staff folded all the clothes I had wadded up on the floor and neatly arranged all of my bathroom articles I had haphazardly thrown around. This in itself was impressive. The room was pretty large and the bed was comfortable, there is free wifi that you're required to sign into once daily.

The location is problematic in that the area is new and the cab drivers havent figured out how to get around, and kept getting lost when trying to get me back to the hotel. The roads in the area are not complete and it's very easy to get into infinite and frustrating loops of driving in circles trying to get into the hotel area itself. The walk from the metro station required walking down a busy asphalt street amongst traffic because the sidewalks were not finished yet. It's also very far from Downtown Dubai and Deira with the souks - about an hour on the train. It's very close to the marina area, however. It's also got a bit of construction noise, but they can't control that.

There is a small cafe in the lobby that is open 24 hours and I found it really convenient when jet lag wakes you up at 3am. It's fairly pricey though, a cup of tea set me back almost US$4. There was tea in the room, but I couldn't figure out how to get the kettle to function.

In all it was a very pleasant stay, and I'll look for this hotel brand when traveling again. All of the downsides to this hotel were inherent to its location in a new area and fairly far out from the core city. The hotel itself, all things being equal, its both a great value and a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Hayden E, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Many thanks for your detailed feedback on your stay with us at Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers.

It is pleasing to read your many positive comments about the hotel, the facilities and especially the staff.

We have recently had few new roads open that changed the traffic circulation around the hotel but you be please to know the taxi drivers are now getting used to them.

I am delighted to hear you will use Mövenpick Hotel & Resorts again and where ever that is we look forward to looking after you again.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Stayed in room 704 , nice view over the city. Good location.
Comfortable beds , nice bathroom.
Nice swimming pool. Breakfast was not included in our deal so cannot comment on that.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hayden E, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Many thanks for your review and I am very pleased to read that you really enjoyed the hotel, facilities and location.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We booked a 2 night stay with breakfast at this hotel. Greeting was warm and welcoming, car parked by valet service and luggage looked after and brought to the room. Booking in was smooth and friendly. All equipment in room explained by porter. Room well equipped, spacious and bed very comfortable. Very little noise and/or disturbance considering a well attended brunch party! Only downside was that the room we were in (over the front of the hotel) looked out over a construction site. Well equipped gymnasium. Breakfast was superb, everything from fruit and pastries to full cooked choices, cereals and toast. Excellent. Plenty of restaurant choice and grocery shops right outside hotel and a 5 minute walk to Metro. A 15 minute walk to Dubai Marina Mall - if you feel like it! We would stay again - but would ask for a room with a better view over the lakes!

Room Tip: Request a room with a view out over the lakes, rather than over the building site at the front (alth...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah H
Hayden E, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your detailed review and i am very pleased that you enjoyed yiour stay with us at Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers.

I and our team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here 6 days and enjoyed every one of them.

Let me first say that when I give a hotel 5 stars it doesn't mean it's a 5 star hotel based on the industry definition , but that it met and exceeded my expectations. I didn't book or pay for a 5 star hotel and therefore didn't expect such accommodations.

Having said that, this hotel is amazing and here are some of the positive highlights;

1. The room design is very pretty.
the rooms are clean and comfortable. the rooms have a safe, a fridge, coffee and tea, many conveniently located plugs and plenty of space both living and storage. It also has a scale so you can see the damage right away and adjust your meals accordingly : ) Dubai is not a good place to go if you are on a diet though : )

2. The staff is wonderful and helpful.

3. Free internet ( it is slow, but sufficient speed for emails and web browsing and even FaceTime although the latter is more difficult, it's not a wide enough bandwidth for streaming video or downloading large data files, but you have a choice to buy a faster internet if needed and the price is comparable to what you pay at hotels in the US.

4. It is a 15 minute walk at the most from the metro station and 20-25 minutes from the marina area. The metro is cheap, it can take you to any of the major sites in Dubai for 5.80 AED max ( 3 zones) with a nol card "which I recommend if your staying more than a couple of days". The marina is a beautiful area to walk to in the evening with lots of shops, restaurants and play areas for the kids. I also recommend you take a ferry ride from the marina either to go downtown ( the 11 am ferry) or one of the round trip ones that are kind of a tour to Burj al Arab or Atlantis ( 1 and 3 pm) you get tickets from near pier 7, a 20 mins walk from the hotel.

5. The gym is very very good and there is a pool " I did not use it, so I will not comment"

6. The food choices within ten minutes walk are really good , in addition to the 3 hotel restaurants and the hotel coffee shop there are many mostly smaller casual restaurants , there was Italian, Indian , Thai, Vietnamese, Philly sandwiches, Lebanese , a shawerma place, gelato , pizza, Persian ( looks like it's opening soon ) and a couple of cafés .
If you want more sophisticated dining the marina is 20-25 minutes away, so is the walk area along jumairah beach both have many choices. You can take a taxi if you want but if you walk you can eat more : )

7. By metro 15 mins away from mall of the emirates , 25 from Dubai mall and Burj khleefa , 35 from old downtown ( gold souk , spice souk .. Etc) and the metro drops you at the doorstep of these places.

8. There are 2 supermarkets carrefour and spinnys and at least one pharmacy and 2-3 small convenient stores just in case , the carrefour is a 24 hour shop.

9. There is a free chocolate hour at 5 pm ( the first time I experience such a thing) lovely .

Some of the cons are as follows;

1. Construction , it's there, it's not under their control and there is hardly anywhere without construction in Dubai, you can't take a photo without a crane posing in the frame. It's just the way it is, so don't let it bother you.

2. It's not on the beach but they are not advertising that they are, so you know when you book you will have to walk or take a taxi. The walk is easy just take the metro bridge to cross the highway.

3. The approach to the hotel is confusing when you come from the metro station, especially at night . I wish there was better signage in the JLT area.

4. One thing that did bother me a bit was the sound of trickling water in the walls, not sure if it's a sound insulation issue or what, but if someone is having a shower at an upper level the sound can be a bit annoying especially at night

5. I agree with people who complained about the shower curtain ( we had a glass screen ) it doesn't seal the shower well , and you do get leaks.

All in all We were very satisfied.

My family and I would like to thank everyone at the hotel for a truly wonderful experience.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Voyager81977
Hayden E, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review, it is very thorough and constructive and a great tool the hotel can use to understand what we are doing well and areas where we can improve.

This will also be a very useful review for others planning a visit to Dubai.

I have shared your comments with all of our team.

I am very pleased that overall you and your family really enjoyed your stay with us at Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My measure of a good hotel is how much thought and common sense has been put into designing a hotel room, especially the bathroom. On this front, Moevenpick JLT is comparable to hotels I have stayed in Indochina.

The glass screens in the shower area (in the bathtub) is so pathetically small that the bathroom is flooded after every shower despite being extremely careful (I'm a virgo).

And my greatest pet hate is found here too. A plug-in hairdryer is provided but no powerpoint in the bathroom. Must I blow my hair over the workdesk ?

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank rawbean88
Hayden E, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thanks for your post.

Both your points are very valid.

We have been open for 4 months and in some rooms are having problems the the showers screens, we are looking at ways this issue can be rectified.

The intention of the design is the desk can also be used as a vanity hence the provision of additial power and a mirror above the desk, our Premium rooms and Suites have both a vanity and desk.

Thank you for your feedback and we will look into both and see how we can make improvements.