“A great place to stay in Dubai”

The Country Club Hotel
Ranked #259 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Kolkata
“A great place to stay in Dubai”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

As a frequent traveller, I would say the country club resort is definitely a superb choice in the city of Dubai,both in respect of location and service. I had stayed here for two days while on my way back from Dubai, and had to frequently travel to the City centre. It is a mere ten minutes drive from here, and cabs are easily available, and costs about 15dirhams, if I remember correctly. The suite i was booked in was as comfortable as it gets, awesum decor with two lavish rooms and two bathrooms, one with jacuzzi, though the view was not good at all. Food was great. Something that had put me off was that sales representatives were trying to convince couples to join country club right there in the lobby and in the restaurant during breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank CaptainBasu
Habib S, Front Office Manager at The Country Club Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful and very detailed review following your recent stay at the country club.

Your kind comments are highly appreciated as it will serve an added motivation to us
we always aim to provide you our valued guest our utmost services and facilities.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I booked this hotel for two reasons; very, very affordable (Dhs275 per night) and it is next to the Intenational Modern Hospital where my wife had an operation. I found this hotel by chance online. After wife checked into the hospital at 10 am, kids and I walked next door at 10.15 am and asked if we could book in, as we were travelling from Abu Dhabi since 5.50 the morning. We are helped with a smile, and half an hour later, we were in a clean, spacious room with a street view. Off course we went straight to bed and slept until afternoon, ready to check on wife after her operation. Parking is free and underground, thus saving on gas, and parking fees. We had the buffet breakfast for Dhs45, the normal selection of breads, free, cereal and hot foods. Ommelettes were made to order. Only negative, we did not have time to visit the Spa and the pool on the roof.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking rooms facing the street on floor 2 and above.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Danville F
Habib S, Front Office Manager at The Country Club Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during you recent visit in Dubai and for sharing your stay experience
It was indeed our pleasure to have served you and we do hope to host you and your family the next time you come to Dubai.
Mumbai
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was in Dubai for 2 days with my colleagues for an exhibition and we were booked at Country Club Hotel by our company. Everything right from check-in to check-out was a pretty smooth experience. The only hitch was that the Hotel does not have its own vehicles and waiting for a taxi even in the October-November sun was quite a task.

The Hotel boasts of several themed restaurants befitting a Club Hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our LIVE Indian Songs at Qureshi's.

The breakfast next day was amply versatile and of excellent quality. The rooms were pretty comfortable and so was the bathroom. The overall hotel atmosphere was pretty good and luxurious.

Unfortunately, by midnight, I developed a throat infection (I had actually carried it from India) and was unable to even swallow water by morning. As a result, I couldn't even have my breakfast though I sat there with my team. I kinda developed a fever a couple of hours later and had to stay back in the hotel. By evening, hunger caught up and I went down to one of the restaurants. But since I was in no shape of swallowing anything, I went back to my room for some more rest.

I was in for a pleasant surprise when I got a soft knock on my door. It was their chef who had come down to ask me why I hadn't had anything since morning and whether I didn't like their food or what! I was completely taken aback at the hotel staff's observation and eagerness to take care of a customer. I explained my problem and he prepared a certain soup which helped me with some quick relief!

I was completely floored by this experience and have vowed to take my family to this particular hotel only whenever I go to Dubai with them. My only issue was that the beds were too soft and deep for a comfortable sleep - which was a problem peculiar to me and not to any of my colleagues.

Room Tip: Make sure you provide enough money for travel arrangements.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SirNeerav
Habib S, Front Office Manager at The Country Club Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your personal experience at Country club.
We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your candid feedback is immensely encouraging and motivates all of us in rendering good quality service to our valuable guests such as yourself.

Once again, thank you very much and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Country club Dubai.
United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times and it is value for money. The only problem with this hotel that the ground floor café manager Denis has a permanent scowl on his face and he looks at all the visitors that you feel unwelcome. You have to be ready for this every morning on your way in to the café or way out of the hotel. The staff are very good and professional but again some body has stolen all the smiles from their faces.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kumaremirates
We are delighted to have learned that we have met your utmost satisfaction and expectation during your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very valuable to us and rest assured that we will continue providing our utmost to you our valued guest. Your comments have been shared with all our Team members. Looking forward to welcoming back on your next visit
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I always stay here. reason i get good deals..250-350 AED for exec suite. Also the food is available in room service till 2 AM. You just need to order before 11:30pm. The Indian restaurant Qureshi and the dance bar (formerly Ghungroo) is revamped and stylish. I had been staying for last 5 years. Rooms are standard but maintained in a good manner and the location is convenient. No noise, no hassles at reception. Though I will not suggest it for Europeans,Americans and Brits, it is wonderful for Asian continent travelers.
Bad sides are chargeable internet at higher tariff, delay in housekeeping response, not very good Facade, not a decent enough hotel to conduct a business meeting. It is a four star but dangles between 3-4. No rooms with a good view.
Good sides :A tip of 5-10 dirhams brings smile to everyone here. Club is just perfect with a not-so-big swimming pool. Had spa and message at few occasion which were pretty cool.

Conclusively, its your choice and needs that define how you would like to put up here.

Room Tip: Always ask for suites. The entry level rooms are bit conjested. Normally, upon booking the room, req...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank aceaskn
Habib S, Front Office Manager at The Country Club Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We are delighted to have learned that we have met your utmost satisfaction and expectation during your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very valuable to us and rest assured that we will continue providing our utmost to you our valued guest. Your comments have been shared with all our Team members. Looking forward to welcome back on your next visit
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Good location, spacious rooms, a number of good restaurants and bars, swimming pool and spa. Everything under one roof! Had an amazing stay at this hotel in Dubai. Planning another trip there again soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KarLouSa

Again thank you and we are looking forward having you once again in the near future.
Portsmouth
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at the country club hotel Dubai on Sunday 18 August 2013, all the staff here are such good nice and helpful people, the 2 Filipina girls on reception really nice and polite and helpful and a credit to the hotel, my room was great and very comfy sleep. I miss my onward flight to Bangkok and came back to the hotel and was given a room for a second night and the manager gave me the room at the price i booked online so once again a great customer service manager.

I returned back to country club on sunday 08 September and same 5 star service and was upgraded to a suite room, would always stay here when in dubai thank you so much always!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank thomo1162
Habib S, Front Office Manager at The Country Club Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your personal experience at the Country club hotel- Dubai.
We are very pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your candid feedback is immensely encouraging and motivates all of us in rendering good quality service to our valuable guests such as yourself.

Once again, thank you very much and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Country club Hotel- Dubai.