“Nice location but I'd rather staying in a hotel”

Al Salam Hotel Suites
Ranked #159 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Amman, Jordan
“Nice location but I'd rather staying in a hotel”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The location is excellent but not good for business visit unless it is a long one (more than a month) is it will be ok if you want to stay in an Appartment
You can't compare it to hotels or the service you get in hotels
For me, I don't like staying in this type of hotels/ Appartments

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Sam_Z75

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sudan
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Can't complain with the Chelsea Tower. Turned up at 9 in the morning, and after 30 mins they sorted a room for us. Not only that we got a 2 bedroom with sea views on the 29th floor.
I've seen reports about "the windows were dirty", so what your in Dubai it's sandy.
Give my Wife sunshine and a swimming pool, and she's happy, and if she's happy I'm happy.
As for the pool, it gets the sun most of the time. Maybe late in the afternoon it starts to get shaded.The pool staff were really nice, pleasant and helpful. If fact we found all the staff from bell boy to reception the same.
There is a supermarket across the main road at the back of the Chelsea Tower, go for any shopping go there. The prices are better than the smaller markets on most corners.
If you fancy a drink, we went to the Tower Rotana, come out the door turn right walk 50 yards it's in front of you. If you want pub grub, and quick, watch sport Longs Bar has just that.

Room Tip: Try for room on a high floor, but your at the mercy of the reception staff, flattery helps wae me.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter M
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in October 2012. I booked a one bedroom apartment but was upgraded to a three bedroom apartment on level 11 - it was incredibly spacious (particularly for two people)!

The staff were attentive and friendly, the apartment was spacious, clean and modern and the pool/gym facilities were excellent. The location was good as it was a short taxi ride from Dubai Mall and most other attractions. It is also located within walking distance of Starbucks, several food chains and a supermarket (though I admit that it was too hot for me to walk anywhere other than Starbucks which was pretty much downstairs).

The only negative aspect of Chelsea Tower was the lack of assistance from the lady at the 'tourist" desk. It became aparent that she only knew a small amount of information about a few things and when we asked her questions to which she did not know the answer she was often quite reluctant to look the information up (about city tours, opening times etc - usual tourist questions).

It would also have been nice to have the option of taking a normal taxi (with a meter) than one of the private cars the hotel would call for us. The private cars were luxurious but always more expensive and the journeys were never very far so I did not think the additional cost of the private cars was worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Faith L
Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I just came home from a stay at the Chelsea Tower in room 402, where we(family of 5) stayed for 4 nights. We were extremely pleased with our stay. We had booked a 2 bedroom apartment but got upgraded to a 3 bedroom apartment which was perfect for us. The apartment was very big almost as big our own house back home. And the 3 bathrooms were a gift as well since we have teenagers in the family and it meant that the parents could have the master bedroom with adjoining bathroom all to ourselves.

The kitchen was good as well with all the basics; microwave, dishwasher, washing-machine and a dryer. The only thing missing was bowls for milk and cereal etc. Due to a lot of food allergies in the family we cooked most of our dinners at home and so the great kitchen was an extra plus for us. There are a good supermarket about 300m from the hotel, Union C-op where we shopped for groceries, quite cheap and had a good selection.

The apartment was very clean and the maid did a great job of cleaning after us. Sure there are some cracks here and there in the apt but so has ours at home.

The location is perfect just by the Financial Centre Metro station which we used a couple of times; very good value. And the taxis has a stop just by the station and they offer a great value as well.

So is there nothing bad about this place you may wonder? Well not especially but I didnt care for the hold they put on my card for 500 dirhams in case anything was broken in the apartment or such. And if you can stay on another floor- do it, the view werent spectacular from the 4th floor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Matte75
United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

At short notice I managed to secure an apartment for 5 nights as I passed through Dubai. The price was very good for a central Dubai residence facility. The Chelsea provides excellent accommodation and personal service for couples or families, providing great facilities. I was overly impressed when they allowed me to check in three hours early and equally so on the staff allowing me a late check out with no additional cost due to myself having to wait for flights. The apartment was large and had two bedrooms, note the Chelsea are known for upgrading room size if available at time of check in. It had a good sized separate living room and kitchen, with the usual cooker, microwave, washing machine, dryer and fridges. Albeit and In addition you can use the hotels laundry service that is cheap in comparison to many other city hotels I have stayed.

The gym and leisure facilities were very good with an outside 25metre pool, providing free sun loungers, towels, water etc.

This is a luxurious spacious apartment block that does not have its own restaurants, however, you don't need them as you are in the business centre of Dubai surrounded with an abundance of hotel restaurants, cafes, bars etc. There is a restaurant on the bottom floor with a separate entrance to the Chelsea that delivers reasonably good food in the form of room service. The Dubai Metro station is immediately outside the Chelsea that will get you to all the central areas leading to malls, marinas etc.

A great practical location, with free valet parking facilities, this is one of the most ideal places to stay in Dubai for those who like to be self contained with additional space and central location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Paul C
Shahzadbutt, General Manager at Al Salam Hotel Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Chelsea Tower Hotel Apartments!

At the outset, let us convey our thanks to you for choosing our hotel for your pleasant and comfortable stay and sharing your feedback with us.

It is our earnest endeavour to offer our discerning guests the finest hospitality services in best possible ways and it is good for us to know that you were pleased with our serviced offered. As said by you, all our apartments are very specious, comfortable and fully equipped with different views i.e. Sheikh Zayed Road, Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, etc. Our Health Club facilities are at their best especially our swimming pool which is one of the biggest swimming pools amongst the hotels in Dubai.

An additional advantage of staying at our hotel is its location which is exactly in a vital area of Dubai i.e. financial sector on Sheikh Zayed Road and further it is an easy access to the metro station through which you can reach any of the major areas or malls of Dubai.

Once again, we thank you for your patronage and would be very happy to assist you in future. If you have any further query, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Shahzad Butt | General Manager | Chelsea Tower Hotel Apartments
Sheikh Zayed Road | PO Box 118049 | Dubai, United Arab Emirates
T: +9714-3434347 |F: +971-4-4051147
Athens, Greece
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I 've been on a business trip and I stayed for 10 days in a 2 bedroom apartment at the Chelsea Tower Hotel Apartments on Sheick Zayed Roead which is the main avenue in Dubai. The Metro Station is just in front of the hotel, very convinient (I was upgraded to that cause i booked a 1 bedrrom, so this was really great). The hotel staff was very polite and helpful and I am so grateful to them, always with the smile on their face trying to find a way to make your stay easier and more comfortable. I 'd like to thank especially the receptionist team and the kind and helpful Miss Ajili who was so helpful with the internet connection in many devices i had and for the Dubai attractions advices she gave me, making my stay so comfortable.
The hotel is extremely clean, has a great swimmingin pool, a GYM and a steam sauna and its located at the Financial Center which is near the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall (about 5' with taxi)
The only thing i didn t like much was the breakfast but this is a matter of taste i guess...
You will definately enjoy your stay in this hotel!!!!
Greetings from Greece!!!

Room Tip: Try to book an apartment in the higher floors and enjoy the view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Vasilis Z
Dear Mr. Vasilis,

Greetings from Chelsea Tower Hotel Apartments!

It was a great pleasure for us to have you at our hotel and further taking out your valuable time in sharing the opinion.

While you are staying at our hotel, it makes you more comfortable with luxurious apartments and with full facilities and different view of Dubai. We, all at Chelsea Tower, are committed to provide our best hospitality services to our discerning guests and we are pleased that we managed your expectations.
The entire team at our hotel is well trained to be at their best performance and your encouraging comments will be passed to them during the training sessions.

Indeed, the location of our hotel is based on Sheikh Zayed Road and that too exactly in a prime area of Dubai which is known as Financial Sector. It is very easy for our guests to visit the major areas of Dubai along and malls by using metro which is just at our door step.

Kind regards,

Shahzad Butt | General Manager | Chelsea Tower Hotel Apartments
Sheikh Zayed Road | PO Box 118049 | Dubai, United Arab Emirates
T: +9714-3434347 |F: +971-4-4051147
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I read trip advisor on every hotel we book. I have never wrote a review but I felt I had to on this hotel. This hotel should not be open for business or family but for something else....
The rudest and most arrogant hotel l ve ever encountered, DO NOT stay there if you have any sense, they will charge you for every single thing and they will provide you with the rudest service ever. Unbelievably awful service.
We arrived with our 2 1/2 year old daughter. As usual we asked nicely for a possible upgrade which was declined as we were told that the hotel was fully booked an no other apartments were available in the time you could see the lobby was empty. We were given the 2 bedroom apartment that we booked . To our horror we found out once we got into the apartment that it was a smoking and it was smelling as if there has been a party just minutes before our arrival. Not only have we asked for a non smoking but even through how could a check-in staff think that it would be ok to give us a smoking room with our toddler? I called up the guest service and explained the situation . I was told that the duty manager (a lady) would call us back.. after another 30-45 min. waiting I was told by the receptionist that there was no other option available.

The worst part at night time when the lobby and the floors were FULL of prostitutes, and the rest of the clienteles reflect that. The breakfast was poor. All in all, an awful hotel. and I would NOT recommend this hotel for Families and couples.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family