Al Salam Hotel Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewschelsea towerbedroom apartmentmetro stationburj khalifadubai mallfinancial centersheikh zayed roadwashing machine and dryerfree wifigreat apartmentfully equipped kitchencentral locationdining tablesuperb locationsofa bedhigher floorhouse keeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We recently stayed at the Chelsea Tower on a visit from Oman. The location is quite good as is near metro stop and has some eating possibilities near by. There are a lot of apartment and only a tiny reception area so expect it to be crowded.

Rooms are ok. Could be cleaner but they are a bit old so somewhat worn. But it must be the only place I have had to pay for ice! Not expensive but I guess it's the principle.

Pool is ok and was quiet when we were there even though the hotel was full.

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank ChrisSakhalin
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Since we were travelling with two infants, I and my wife did a lot of research before choosing Chelsea Tower. We got mixed reviews from different website but experienced an excellent and courteous service.

The staff was well trained and well mannered, and knew how to deal with customer requests. Its just that one should give respect to service level guys, when he/she expects the same from them.

The apartment given to us was in the mid level floors (25th) yet had excellent views Burj Khalifah from one of the bedrooms. The kitchen is well maintained with nearly all the accessories one may need while on a leisure trip.

Above all, the location is in middle of Dubai and right opposite to the Metro station, though we only used taxis, which aren’t as expensive as in some other countries.

I had an excellent experience and would recommend it to all who travel for leisure/touristic purposes.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Arabian_Quest
Reviewed December 29, 2010

After doing a fair bit of research, I opted to stay at Chelsea Tower for a stay over Christmas with my wife and 2 teenage children over Christmas 2010. After reading the reviews, I had fairly high expectations but these were definitely exceeded.

Firstly, the location of Chelsea Tower was fantastic for us. We were looking for a 2 bedroom apartment and we didn’t want to pay the premium for the hotels on the beach at Jumeriah. We settled on Chelsea because it is conveniently located about mid-way between Central Dubai and Jumeriah Beach. It is on the main strip, Sheik Zahid Road, which means there are a wide range of restaurants, cafes and supermarkets within a 5 minute walk. The Chelsea also benefits from being directly opposite a metro station which is a very cheap and convenient way to travel into Dubai or out towards Jumeriah. The metro stations are immaculate as are the trains and it was a great way to avoid the traffic at peak times.

We booked a 2 bedroom suite and were upgraded on arrival to a 3 bedroom suite on the 48th (top) floor. The view was spectacular and the apartment itself was well equipped and very spacious. The 2 bedroom apartments at Chelsea all have 2 bathrooms and in ours we had 3. The master bedroom had a king-size bed and TV, we also had one twin and one double. The kitchen is not massive but certainly not cramped and is well-equipped with a washing machine, dryer, microwave, electric oven and hob, coffee maker and dishwasher. Cutlery and crockery were provided, although pans were a bit limited. The living room had a dining area and sitting areas with a 37” flat screen TV and DVD player.

The health club has a reasonable gym that seemed rarely occupied, the pool is outdoors on the roof of a 6 story adjoining building accessed by a skywalk. The outdoor heated pool was clean and not crowded and there was a Jacuzzi and separate male and female saunas. We never ate in the restaurant so I can’t comment on that, it didn’t seem very upmarket and was always empty when I passed but the buffet breakfast seemed reasonably priced for Dubai (55dhrms about £10). I should say that the hotel is “dry” i.e. there is no alcohol on sale in the restaurant or via room service. Consuming alcohol in public places in the hotel was not allowed. This was no problem for us since we are Muslim but might be a consideration for some, however many restaurants in Dubai serve alcohol and when staying at Chelsea I think most people would be eating out rather than in the hotel anyway.

The service we got was excellent and much better than I expected from an apartment hotel as opposed to a conventional hotel. We arrived early in the morning and they were happy to check us in. We requested extra blankets and they were brought immediately, one evening we had trouble operating the dryer one evening and someone was there within 5 minutes.

We visited many of the other hotels and resorts in Dubai during our stay and I can honestly say that I never wished we were staying at any of them instead of Chelsea Tower. If you want a hotel where you don’t have to leave and can go straight out from your hotel to the beach then Chelsea Tower is definitely not for you. However, if you are looking for a comfortable, spacious apartment, situated in easy access of the various attractions within Dubai I would strongly recommend the Chelsea.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank DavidMurphy
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The staff at the Chelsea Tower, starting from the Front Desk, to Consierge and Bell-Hops, to Housekeeping, Engineering, Gym, etc. are first class and incredibley guest-focused. I have been staying at the Chelsea Tower Hotel and the entire staff, every single person, has made me feel like they are my family away from home. Courteous, respectful, efficient and guest-focused. I am very impressed and very grateful to the staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We spent three nights last weekend and were upgraded from the two-bedroom unit we reserved to a three bedroom with a a view of the ocean from the 26th. floor. the location is good, since it's close to the transit system and a grocery store that sells bacon (a big treat for us since we live in Saudi).
It was nice to have our own rooms and a full kitchen to make breakfast. The health club and pool are also good and very easy to get to.
We noted several things in the room that were broken or not working properly. In all fairness, I didn't complain, as I feared they would send in a team of repairmen in during our stay. The parking garage is also very narrow and difficult to manuver but they offer free valet service so you can have them park for you.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family