“Very nice place for a great price”

and 1 more site!
Coral Oriental Dubai
Ranked #413 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I only spent one night in Dubai, but I got a great price for a room here at the Coral Oriental. I booked a standard room, but upon check in I was put into one of the nicest rooms in the hotel for the same price. I really appreciated the gesture, although it was by no means necessary.

The room was spectacular, the buffet breakfast was great, but the thing that always makes for a pleasant hotel stay is the staff. And the staff at the Coral Oriental were first-rate. They were friendly and helpful at all times. They helped me get a cab. Helped me to haul my luggage around. And as already mentioned, they upgraded my room without the slightest prompting from me.

The location isn't great, although it is near enough to the gold souk and spice souk that you can walk there. Otherwise, you generally have to take cabs to other places in the city if you want to get around. But cabs in Dubai are amazingly cheap.

If you're only staying in Dubai for a night or two, you can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Coral Oriental D, Front Office Manager at Coral Oriental Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that your stay experience was memorable with all the aspects of the Hotel. I am glad our breakfast buffet was satisfying. The team is happy and motivated to do better with your appreciation.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Coral Oriental Dubai Hotel.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We only paid about $24 each so about $50 per night for 4 star hotel
Location not the best, but has amazing Pakistani restaurants everywhere, open till late time.
Free bus to beach and shopping mall in morning.
Staff where very helpful

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Coral Oriental D, Front Office Manager at Coral Oriental Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

We are delighted to know that your stay experience was memorable. The team is happy and motivated to do better with your appreciation,

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Was only in dubai for two nights and one full day, hotel was clean, staff were friendly and welcoming, thank you to the maintenance guy for helping me get into my suitcase after my key broke!

Rooms were good, used the shop next door as opposed to the expensive minibar though! Didn't get time to check out the gym but the reps in the lobby put me on a great city site seeing tour, completely personalized for me and one other german girl, really very good and incredible value!

Included breakfast is really very good! Its in a great location but make sure to print the address and maybe a map to give to a taxi driver as they don't often know. My only minor criticism was that my room faced onto the main street (cool view) but there was a tiny bit of noise, but nothing to keep you up at night. Would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sean M
Coral Oriental D, Front Office Manager at Coral Oriental Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Your kind comment about our room and breakfast is highly appreciated. I have shared your feedback with the teams and they are equally happy to hear that you had a wonderful holiday with us.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

On pictures, this hotel looks okay but after we arrived, the room was dirty and smelly. Staff is rude and is not willing to help you at any time. Breakfasts are simple and portions are very small. The parking lot is quite small too. Gym is located in a small room and is equipped by a treadmill and handful of machines. On the other hand, the location is great, close to interesting amenities such as Gold and Textile Soukh.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Ralf_Herrman
Coral Oriental D, Front Office Manager at Coral Oriental Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay at the Coral Oriental Hotel!

At the outset please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay in Coral Oriental Hotel. The comment for room and staff I have noted and forward to our GM & room service manager and action will be taken as soon as possible. We shall certainly work on the areas of improvement mentioned by you as it is such feedback which helps us to improve our services

Once again my apologies for the dissatisfied experience at the hotel, We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to serve you and assure you that this was a one off experience which you will put it away.

Best Regards
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed along with my friend. The stay was good.
I dont have much complaints about the hotel. The parking in the hotel was very small.
The check in was pretty fast. I want to extend a night but they did not support as i did throught booking.com (As it is in high season they want to increase the price). The booking was showing that breakfast was inculded but in actual it was not provided.
It is a middle place to visit other places. I didnt stay much in the room as we were out most of the time.
It is good for families to stay because they dont have bars or night club.
I stayed in other hotels in dubai which i dont feel good as it was like a meat market. But this hotel is really a good and decent hotel for the families to stay.
The staffs were good and polite.
Overall it was a good expericene.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank joenaveen
Coral Oriental D, Front Office Manager at Coral Oriental Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Comment on parking I have noted and we are please to inform you that after some months we are going to start renovation of public area and we are planning to extend the size of parking.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience, we were unable to extant your stay due to non availability of rooms Hotel was running full, All our extranet bookings are including breakfast, how ever I will personally take this to our F&B manager and I thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we could improve the same.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I will share your feedback with the teams and they are equally happy to hear that you had a wonderful holiday with us.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Affordable when booking through Asia Rooms. Free buffet breakfast, tea/coffee, safe, mini bar and cheap Wi Fi. Lovely spacious room with huge bed and all amenities in the bathroom. Will definitely stay there again and recommend to all my friends.

Room Tip: You can hear the prayers from the mosque in any room. The higher rooms are bigger. You get what yo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diana De S
Coral Oriental D, Front Office Manager at Coral Oriental Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Coral Oriental Dubai Hotel!.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Your kind comment about our room is highly appreciated. I have shared your feedback with the teams and they are equally happy to hear that you had a wonderful holiday with us.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed here at this hotel in September last year. I booked a double bed, but was given a room with two single beds. There was a massive stain on the carpet. The bathroom had quite a few hairs everywhere. My room's balcony was facing the Mosque on the street, and subsequently woke me up every morning around about 4am with traditional singing prayer. I never really slept that well, but as a New Zealander, experiencing the traditional sounds of the Mosque was actually quite an experience. I ended up just taking a seat on the balcony and have a good listen to what was going on for the 3 nights I stayed here. The price I paid was absolutely amazing due to a special I found on booking.com, however, if you go to the actual website of the hotel, the special was also there so I booked directly at the hotel to be assured everything was fine. The Thai man at the front desk was a great source of information and was very friendly. I found all of the staff at this hotel friendly and full of information, but the shortfalls are due to the lack of cleanliness of the rooms.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank linkste
Coral Oriental D, Front Office Manager at Coral Oriental Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay at the Coral Oriental Dubai Hotel!

At the outset please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during you visits.

The comment on the hair in the bathroom I have noted and forward to the Housekeeping & room service manager and action will be taken. The rooms have been renovated now from the time you have last stayed and all the issues mentioned have been addressed in the same program. During your stay the room change could not happen or was delayed is due to the fact the hotel was running full on those days.

Please be inform regarding the traditional prayer from the Mosque, as we are in Arabic country and you will find every 1KM one Masque, and we are sorry that has disturbed your sleep, we thank you for your comment for our front desk staff which will be convey to them, regarding the cleanliness of the rooms I thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we could improve the same,

We are grateful for your feedback as it helps us to improve and provide a better hotel to the future customer.

We hope to see you again at the Coral Oriental Dubai Hotel!

Warm Regards,