“Okay for a short time”

Coral Oriental Dubai
Ranked #421 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed here at this hotel in September last year. I booked a double bed, but was given a room with two single beds. There was a massive stain on the carpet. The bathroom had quite a few hairs everywhere. My room's balcony was facing the Mosque on the street, and subsequently woke me up every morning around about 4am with traditional singing prayer. I never really slept that well, but as a New Zealander, experiencing the traditional sounds of the Mosque was actually quite an experience. I ended up just taking a seat on the balcony and have a good listen to what was going on for the 3 nights I stayed here. The price I paid was absolutely amazing due to a special I found on booking.com, however, if you go to the actual website of the hotel, the special was also there so I booked directly at the hotel to be assured everything was fine. The Thai man at the front desk was a great source of information and was very friendly. I found all of the staff at this hotel friendly and full of information, but the shortfalls are due to the lack of cleanliness of the rooms.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank linkste
Coral Oriental D, Front Office Manager at Coral Oriental Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay at the Coral Oriental Dubai Hotel!

At the outset please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during you visits.

The comment on the hair in the bathroom I have noted and forward to the Housekeeping & room service manager and action will be taken. The rooms have been renovated now from the time you have last stayed and all the issues mentioned have been addressed in the same program. During your stay the room change could not happen or was delayed is due to the fact the hotel was running full on those days.

Please be inform regarding the traditional prayer from the Mosque, as we are in Arabic country and you will find every 1KM one Masque, and we are sorry that has disturbed your sleep, we thank you for your comment for our front desk staff which will be convey to them, regarding the cleanliness of the rooms I thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we could improve the same,

We are grateful for your feedback as it helps us to improve and provide a better hotel to the future customer.

We hope to see you again at the Coral Oriental Dubai Hotel!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Lovely hotel. Close to the mono rail. Lots of restaurant around here. Lots of malls too. Lovely hotel. Good quality. Rooms excellent. Lovely bathrooms. We had a great time in the roof top pool. Very small gents changing room. Not many lounge chairs so get there in good time. Pool was clean and there was a life guard there. Would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Try the pool. Never been on a roof top pool until then. Quite weird feeling to start with but enjo...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank globaltrott
Coral Oriental D, Front Office Manager at Coral Oriental Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Coral Oriental Dubai Hotel!

We are delighted to know that your stay experience was enjoyable and above your expectation.

We look forward to welcome you again at the Coral Oriental Dubai Hotel!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

A bit noisy, as they have church in the evenings (basement band). But at least it was not a noisy Disco. Breakfast was great nothing to rave about just what you needed.
The bus stop is right outside. Its in the lively end part of town. so as you exit the hotel turn left and walk for around 15min and you will find yourself in the famous gold souk then take the boat across the creek for 1dirahm to another souk and then back again. then grab a cab and give him the hotel card and get some rest.

Room Tip: stay in Room 115, which is basically 116 as well. then get the connecting room 117.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Haron55
Coral Oriental D, Front Office Manager at Coral Oriental Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Coral Oriental Dubai Hotel!
Please accept my deepest apologies for, noise, it is just weekly event that we have in our Hotel. However we thank you for your comments about breakdast, i am happy to know that your stay was up to your expectations and that the proximity to various places in Dubai was apt for you.
The Dubai gold souk is the famous tourist spot to the city and we are glad that we are really close to the same.
We look forward to seeing you again at Coral Oriental Dubai Hotel and hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit.

Best Regards

Reviewed December 6, 2011

booked online as it said it was near airport and had minibus but that didn't operate after midnight when we were due to arrive. Because of mis-understanding our booking was for wrong night. Hotel say the cannot transfer my booking and have only one room left - the most expensive and offer it to me at just under half the rack rate (still very pricy for what it was ). At 2 in the morning what can I do? I don't believe they had only one expensive room left OR that they couldn't transfer the booking, they were just profiteering. I checked out next morning and friend who has house in Dubai, negotiated an upgrade for the original mis-booked room, when I got back later, I was back in the same room with the same bed line (ie not changed). Sharp practice - avoid. Rooms OK at best

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank EvaMc
Coral Oriental D, Front Office Manager at Coral Oriental Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay at the Coral Oriental Hotel!
At the outset please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay in Coral Oriental Hotel.
Kindly note Coral Oriental Hotel is 4 to 5 KM, from Dubai International Airport. We have increased our shuttle service for air port pick up and drop during midnight.
As booking through online Hotel have no rights to amend or make any changes as Guest have to go through same channel and can do the changes, please be infrom that online rates keep on changing depend upon the Occupancy of the Hotel and our Front Office charge the same as per online rate. As a very special case we free upgrade you in the same room from second day to avoid any inconvenience further.
Again we like to apologies and we look forward to seeing you again at the Coral Oriental Hotel and ensure you for our best service.

Front Office Manager

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We recently stayed at the Coral Oriental Dubai.. And what a disappointment. After looking forward to staying at this design 4 star hotel for some time, we were not happy to find that it was not really a 4 star hotel at all! The room was old and dated, bathroom was mouldy, tiles cracked, and generally looked tired and worn down. The only positive was that the bed was proper kingsize and VERY comfortable.
We were also disappointed to find there was no pool. Ok, maybe we should have investigated further what "pool access" meant. But we thought it meant onsite pool, not a 20 min busride (provided by the hotel I might add) to the public park where you had to pay to get in...
Also the hotel boasts of having two restaurants and a cafe open 24 hours a day. Well, the italian restaurant wasn't open through the whole time we were there (nearly a week), and the other restaurant didn't want to serve us anything from the menu. Only buffet or nothing!!

On the positive side, the staff was very friendly, and helpful, although it appeared there was a lack of local knowledge. And of course the price for the hotel was decent, however, do not think you are getting a good deal, as we would class the hotel a 3 star at best...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Happy_travel1

Dear Guest thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay at Coral Oriental Hotel!
We are sorry to hear about the room was old and dated, bathroom was moldy, tiles cracked, please be infrom that work is under proses of remodeling. I have personally addressed the matter to our Management and this matter has been taken care. We thank for your comment for the King siza room bed.
The Hotel has never had Pool since its opening, However Hotel have daily shuttle Bus to Mamzar Beach and kindly note that Mamzar Beach have private beach with entrance fee and Public beach without.
Our Rumours Cafe is open 24hrs for our In-House guest and Al Dante Italian Restaurant it get booked so often on weekly basis for private function, the set menu is only served at dinner, when there is no buffet. it is not available at lunch time.
Thank you for your comments about our Staff, which will be conveyed to them.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

stayed for 2 days. excellent staff who are very freindly and flexible. The hotel is spotless , well placed in the heart of Dubai and of reasonable price. No night club which is an advantage in Dubai but nevertheless nearbye night clubs are in abundance.
Suitable for both families and solo travellers. Needs to provide free internet access in the lobby and to include Sky news in thier TV package.
I will definitely recommend this hotel and I will not go to any other hotel whenever am back to Dubai.
Well done staff and keep the standard

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Hadi000
Reviewed March 27, 2011

A perfectly fine hotel for budget travellers; the room was reasonably clean, and the staff were pleasant to deal with.
I did initially have trouble finding the hotel though - the public transport directions that Google Maps had given me were wrong, and I spent 2hrs walking around in 37 degree heat (with a 20kg backpack) trying to find the place, and no-one I spoke to had heard of the place. So I would recommend people going here to catch the Metro train to the Union stop, and then catch a taxi to Naif Rd where the hotel is opposite the second mosque along - don't try and walk there like I did!
Compared to Western standards, I would think that the hotel is 2/3star, rather than the advertised 4 star - no frills, but like I said, it was perfectly adequate for people who would rather spend their money on exploring rather than just on where they are sleeping.

I stayed there as a solo female traveller, yet I would urge caution to anyone who is thinking of doing similarly. Whilst the hotel was fine, the area is not the best for single women, even if they are covered up. I originally tried walking to through the streets to the nearby Gold Souk (30mins walk away), however this was definitely not a good idea, and I quickly concluded that taking a taxi to and from attractions was a far better plan!
This being said, the hotel was fine, but for girls staying by themselves, please do be prepared to taxi to and from places - it's not too expensive, and it is always better to be safe than sorry!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo