“Bit of a let down”

Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Went on the recommendation of a good friend. There was no one to seat us or greet us on arrival. After being seated we waited so long, had to go find someone to bring us menus. The food was good had the pork loin which was the highlight and the bacalhau which was also good but not as tasty as previous salt cod dishes and stews I’ve tried. Presentation was great and there was a real buzz about the place. My only real complaint was the sheer indifference of the service. No warmth or personality whatsoever. For this reason wouldn’t rush back.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Came there for dinner with my girlfriend, and it has been a beautiful night.
Enjoyed so much the pork loin and the black rice...simply amazing.
The italian waitress has been very polite and always there for us.
Can't wait to come back.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

buzzing busy bar and restaurant. food isn't cheap but it is delicious. lots of seafood. try the mushroom pasta, amazing!

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Two of the rudest bar staff I've ever met. Feels like you are inconveniencing them by ordering a drink! Complained to the manager about a mix up with the drinks and the rude staff, and he said 'ok sorry' attempting no form of service recovery. I waited another 15 minutes to ask if my drink was on the way and the staff rolled their eyes at me. Shocking experience, I will not be returning ever and will ensure all of my friends and acquaintances in Dubai don't either. Avoid, go somewhere your custom is appreciated!

1  Thank EmilyFrances
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Food is average and expensive which probably explains why the bar is busier than the restaurant. Or maybe that it was Fridays post-brunchers. We went as a group to this restaurant and the ‘tapas’ concept was explained. Their concept is different to most other tapas places i have experienced. The tapas starters are 40-65 aed each which is standard. However they also encourage you to share main courses served as tapas at 120-140 aed each!!! Plus when it arrives it is a piece of fish/meat – not exactly ideal for sharing. Very expensive and confusing dinner. Starters were ok but mains were disappointing. Ok so I expected the salted cod to be salty but also thought it would be edible! Avoid at all costs. Overall we enjoyed the starters but nobody in our group was over enthusiastic about the main courses. The piece de resistance was the bill at the end of the night. We dined, we paid, we left. Kind of. As we got up to leave we they told us they had given us the wrong bill (our bill had gone to the next table who had already left). However since we had already paid and were about to leave they 'let us go'. On leaving we were accosted by the ‘manager’ like common criminals in the lobby and were demanding that we paid up which turns out to be 500aed. Very embarrassing and unprofessional. This really should have been resolved in the restaurant not in a lobby full of guests checking in. All in all a very bad end to an average night.

2  Thank liinsh10