“Worst and Expensive”

Ranked #490 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Doha, Qatar
“Worst and Expensive”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and had very bad experience. Do not go to this hotel as they have very bad rooms, non working electronic appliances, leaking bathrooms.... And room rates are very very expensive compared to conditions of rooms and hotel.

Stayed December 2013
6 Thank waveszoom11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I came to your hotel in november The hotel can do better. Good an clean hotel anyway. We really enjoyed our stay, staff very helpful and the service was quite to the standard. The location is good as well. we will surely recomend it to our friends and family and why not we will come again to stay. Thanks for all!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The reception is very helpful.. but the service in our room was terrible.. 3 days no clean.. if you ask the coffee shop to bring you hot water you will pay 5 ddirhams for hot water.. the location is good but it's not good to stay..

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank odukola

Travelers are raving about these Dubai hotels

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reviewed November 28, 2013

More like a nightmare. Arrived at 1am after late flight, checked in was given room key, room door was open, bed had that "just been slept in" look. There was a tray of food next to the bed. Returned to reception and explained, no apology, I waited for 20 mins while they found me another room. This one was clean (ish) but pretty grubby, jaded and old. Bathroom small, dirty and in poor state of repair. Worst of all, all room lights kept coming on at hourly intervals during the night. They are controlled by some strange console next to the bed that I had neither the time or energy to work out. ll in all a terrible nights sleep, would have been better off on a longe chair at the airport. When I asked for taxi back to the airport, I was told they are available outside - roughly translated that means you can flag your own one down on the three lane highway outside! Looking back I laugh at this place, but certainly didn't at the time.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs. Go for Premier Inn instead.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nilikuku
Caerphilly, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013

we arrived a little early the room was ready,the staff at reception helpful as were all staff we came into contact with porter came with me in car to direct me to underground parking,then helped with bags to room.Room service was good and not overpriced as in some hotels,Room was clean and serviced every day,we had breakfast incuded and this was a bonus.The bad points :bath was not very good had had bad repair,but shower was good,windows on outside needed a clean but inside were clean.Swimming pool area was a bit run down and had some broken furniture about.All in all it was very good value for money and would stay again if we have a few days in Dubai

Room Tip: Some guests do not follow the no smoking rules,but you cannot blame the hotel managment for this
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allen G
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I spent 1 night at this hotel. The service by the Philippine receptionist was terrible. We sere set to check in at 1:30pm but our rooms were not available until 4:30pm. We asked the same lady to arrange for us a shuttle/taxi to the airport, which is part of their service and she said yes definitely she will arrange it. Time to leave for the airport and there was nothing done about it. She left (her shift was over), no txi company knew about it nor her colleagues. Fortunately there was a receptionist (indian male) who assisted us and done his best - the taxi company could not assist us in such short notice so he arranged for the Hotels Bus to take 5 of us to the airport.

Overall, the rooms are good, clean, well maintained and quiet with aircon. Nothing to complain about. Bathrooms little small. Breakfast was great - buffet style with lots of options, fresh good food. Restaurant in the lobby.

Located in a Philippine area behind a mall and close to many shops and supermarkets. A distance from the subway so taxi is required.

For the price paid, it was better then expected and for a few nights stay on a low budget - definitely a place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Riyaado
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I spent 3 nights in this terrible hotel and they were not up to my expectations.

First of all we reached a little early than the check in time and we thought they would kindly let us in, but they didn't, so we had to waste the whole morning in their lounge until we could actually get settled in out room. Although, they did offer to keep our luggage in their lounge which we eventually did however it was not kept to the safety I was expecting.

Secondly, the ladies washroom in the lobby was in an appalling state. There were no toilet rolls and no hand wash either. Also, the washroom was so poorly lit, even in broad day light it was dark and I was unable to see properly.
One of the staff members walked into the ladies washroom and I politely told her it was not properly maintained however she just ignored me and gave me no answer, which I found very rude.

Thirdly, when we wanted to check in, they said there was only a reservation for two people and not for my daughter but according to my booking information there was a booking. They said the child age was up to 8 years old however when I put the child age of 14 online when booking the transaction went through and this information was not on the website which I find quite misleading and annoying as the last thing we need when we check in is to find out there is no booking.

Fourthly, on the second morning of my stay, while we were about to have our breakfast one of their staff members came along and in front of everyone she told me my breakfast was not included in our booking. I found this quite humiliating as she could've taken me to one side and said it to me discretely. I really felt embarrassed by the way she addressed me in the dining hall. When I raised this issue with the reception people they were equally inconsiderate and repeatedly kept on denying it was their fault and put the blame on us saying that we should have checked.

Finally, the cleaners did not clean the room properly and I was disgusted by the fact I had to ask for toilet rolls when they should automatically have been supplied. Furthermore, the fridge in the room was not working and my food which I kept in the fridge went off.

Overall, I found this an awful example of customer service because the staff were very rude and unhelpful as well as unorganised,Especially the female, daytime staff. I would not recommend them to anyone and I certainly will not go back there if I'm ever in Dubai again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family