“Get whatever your looking for!!!”
Review of Satwa District

Satwa District
Ranked #141 of 429 things to do in Dubai
Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

When I came to Dubai I never imagined street shopping but it’s possible. Anything you want is available in satwa.

Frames
Wool
Needles
Knitting stuff
Pets
Pets stuff
Crochet stuff

You name it and look around you will find it.

All reviews
in 2 reviews
"gold"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed March 12, 2018

IF you think Dubai is all about fancy hotels and pristine beaches - head a short distance one way and you are on the latter, and go a couple of kilometers the other to hit the five star luxury - then Al Satwa is the district to correct sweeping judgments.
Alongside Al Quoz, this gritty district is the engine room of Dubai. While Al Quoz has the industry - and, curiously, a lot of art galleries - this place bristles with real life; with carpentry, mechanics, places where you can get stuff fixed, decorating shops, upholstery outfits and more all jostling for position.
It is also a great place to get shirts and suits tailor made (we've used Neha's among others with great results) because of the concentration of tailors. While there are fancy suit shops elsewhere, some of them use the tailoring talent here - so you can get garments made without the 'high street' premium.
You'll also find shops selling watches, phones, various electronics, bags, cheap haircuts, and some great little restaurants doing bargain Filipino food and subcontinent grub - visit Ravi's to sample a Dubai institution.
Al Satwa is one of my favourite places and reminds long-term expats that they're in a melting pot nation where not all is what it seems.
If your time is short, don't make it a priority, but if, say, you're visiting Jumeirah Mosque's morning tour, then Al Satwa is a short hop away. Beware, though, as most places close between 1pm and 4pm.

Reviewed February 3, 2018

its a awsum experience with Royal Style Tailoring and Embroidery LLC they made my suit excellent feeling awsum

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

Normally everything on trip advisor is quite accurate and I have used it many times on many holidays around the world, and I also write reviews.
This time the reviews are very misleading , as it the distance from the metro stations , it’s not 1.1 km from emirates tower station , more like 10.1Km I walked and walked ask for direction in one of the shops the lady thought I was crazy to be walking,in the end took a cab.
It really was disappointing.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 13, 2017

We have just got back from visiting our son and his family in Dubai.As I had recently found some beautiful tweed cloth in my late mother's house I did some research and had two or three tailors in mind.
I took a photograph of the style of coat I wanted and they knew what I meant immediately. I was measured then went back a week later for a fitting , then picked it up a few days later....It was all I wanted and more .The workmanship is amazing . The cost was £70 but it was quite intricate with another fabric for the trimmings and collar.
I think they will make dresses for less. I am going to have something else made when we go again.
There are plenty of shops to purchase material and City Land have their own fabric shop a stones throw away.
Head for Satwa Mosque or Satwa Clinic on the D90 ...Al Satwa Road.....we found the parking ok but it will cost all of 2 DRH . You will find Friday really bad for parking and the shop is only open from 4o'clock then. Opposite the Mosque car park you will see Deepa"s fabric shop .....City Land is up the alleyway directly to the right. It's a tiny place but don't be put off...fantastic service.