4,650 results
All reviews burj khalifa les cuisines air conditioned walkway opera suite club millesime metro station dubai downtown special thanks corner room junior suite pool bar excellent hotel pool staff special mention spacious rooms amazing service club room
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Located a stone throw away from the mall it was ideal. Hotel was great, with lovely views. Club room and large along with the bathroom. Staff were accommodating despite having issues with our booking and having to rebook for the stay on the spot.

Date of stay: September 2019
KlausAssmann, General Manager at Sofitel Dubai Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Dips98,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us.

We are very fortunate to be so conveniently located close to the metro and the Dubai Mall, providing our guests more opportunities to explore the city.

On behalf of the entire team, I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Been to many sofitel hotels, service are superb, rooms are spacious, only disappointed during check-out. I wanted to get the member-ship for Accor as I wish to get points and Mark was suppose to help me with the forms..he did not look too interested in dealing with me anyhow, called the hotel the next day as I still did not get a response, hotel doesn't have my form with my details on it or have misplaced it. I hope the staffs would be nicer in the future when it comes to dealing with customers even with a "small" requests like the accor membership.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Melanie8332,

While I am glad that you appreciated some aspect of your stay with us, I regret to read that you were made to feel disappointed with your experience at the Reception.

In order to understand what exactly has happened, I have looked into this with my team and found that the email address you have provided was invalid, which is why we could not proceed with the enrollment, and the same has been communicated to you when you called the next day. Our Communication Centre Agent did try his best to assist you to go forward with the process, and was trying to call you several times for that, but was unable to reach you. Please feel free to contact us by telephone or email so that we can assist you further.

Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been satisfied with most aspects of the hotel and surely we will consider it as an option for future stays. Rooms are large and luxurious. Hotel is close to Dubai-Mall. Our room had a very nice view with large windows and personnel kind and friendly (especially Mr. Koteswarao who was professional & perfectionist in cleaning our room).

Just a minor point, the dental kit is only available by calling and requesting the reception. and the breakfast offering may be less than what you usually expect from a five-star hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Mohammadreza S,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Sofitel Dubai Downtown.

I very much appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with fellow readers, and I have shared your feedback with the team. Koteswarao is particularly delighted to read your wonderful comments.

Thank you and we look forward to having you back soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The sofitel is a very nice and well-located 5 star hotel in Dubai. The service is really excellent and the rooms are good as well. Also a good selection of restaurants.

Unfortunately also some criticism:
- breakfast is good, but the breakfast room is very unpersonal almost like a fastfood restaurant.
- The vitra chairs in the room are fake. Why does a 5-star hotel buys fake? If you cannot afford the original then buy some else. Is this the ethos you wanna have as a international hotel??
- I arrived late (24:00). Luckily I am a gold member and I could beat the line. otherwise the waiting would have been too long.

The rate I paid was fair. I will consider returning.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear René N,

I sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback following your stay with us.

I regret to read that some aspect of your stay did not meet your expectations. I am surprised of your comments though, as our Heartists are known to be friendly and warm, and our guests would even remember their names. I apologize if you had an otherwise different experience. Our furniture are also all genuine, and we have received very nice feedback about them from our guests.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Sofitel Dubai Downtown, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I asked for a wake-up call when they called me they ask what coffee do i like and Mr. Amine brought to me with a motivational words that really made my day, Thanks Amine thanks Sofitel for this guesser.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear f9a,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I was pleased to know that we have been able to meet your expectations and particularly highlighted Amine's exceptional hospitality.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Best regards,