We enjoyed a brief stay at Bab Al Shams Resort & Spa following a week in Dubai. Although our stay was limited, we did experience the resort sufficiently to merit a review. The greeting and check-in were thankfully efficient and understanding following an unacceptable ordeal transferring from Dubai (no fault or connection with the Bab Al Shams resort). Our experiences at the resort were mainly fine. The dining choices were many, including indoor and outdoor options and full cultural experiences. We enjoyed a wonderful buffet of international fare at the Al Forsan restaurant. We can also recommend enjoying the sunset over the desert on the rooftop accompanied by quality entertainment. Our afternoon included quality time at the pools, camel riding and viewing a trained falcon show. Archery, dune bashing and other activities were also available. The layout of the property aims to recall an Arabic village, including meandering passages, hidden nooks and crannies, along with many secret peaceful and romantic hideaways. The room was wonderful, generous in size, dark and cozy-comfortable. One thing I always find objectionable at any property is the absence of a top sheet, as was found here. Does the resort dry clean the comforter covering the guest following each stay? I think not. That's very disturbing, and this practice has no place in a five star property. We had to check out for our flight prior to breakfast hour, and the property sent us off with a very complete take-away breakfast -- very much appreciated. This was a very charming and easy to love desert property which will not disappoint. We wish we had more time at Bab Al Shams -- although only with the addition of a top sheet placed under the comforter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Translated from Arabic as "Gateway to the sun", the *award-winning 5-star Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is designed to resemble a fortified rural Arab village amidst the desert landscape. Featuring low-rise architecture, this sandy coloured style fort boasts the main tower with Reception area and lobby and clusters of two-storey buildings housing guest accommodation, restaurants, spa and meeting facilities interconnected by seemingly endless little walkways. The charm of Arabia is personified in every corner of the property with small lanes running through the hotel, scattered around ponds and secluded seating areas, shaded courtyards, water fountains and trickling streams bestowing the feel of cool tranquillity. The abundance of green garden areas and manicured lawns adds to the quiet and soothing environment of the resort. The rustic Arabian theme of exterior design continues to flow in the carefully selected interior decorations and settings featuring uncovered natural stone floors, bare plastered walls, dark wood and iron fixtures, warm dimmed lighting and an abundance of artefacts showcased throughout the property. The resort boasts 113 rooms and suites offering cosy accommodation in an authentic Arabian style with majority of the rooms having a private terrace. All guest rooms and public areas have complimentary Wi-Fi access. *World's Leading Desert Resort, World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort And Spa
- Bab Al Shams Desert Hotel Dubai