The only bad thing about this resort is that we only stayed for 3 days and then went to another resort in Dubai. If you get lucky you will get the lovely Ms Hind checking you in as you are offered a glass of juice. The service is genuine and amazing, sometimes check-in can be a little busy so sit down and relax. The rooms and suites are tops, very clean and for those who worry about bugs...none at all. Everyone will greet you with a smile, a sign that the resort is well run.
Make sure you include meals in your booking as they are slightly pricey if you have to pay for them separately and the quality and selection of food is amazing. The breakfast buffet is wow! They will cook omelettes, pancakes and waffles for you, different breads and toppings, Asian meals, lots of juices all you can eat and you will put weight on! Watch sunset at the rooftop bar but better than that, get up early one morning and walk into the desert and watch the sunrise over the sand dunes. the only thing that might be good would be more rooms/suites with twin beds. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Translated from Arabic as "Gateway to the sun", the *award-winning 5-star Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is designed to resemble a fortified rural Arab village amidst the desert landscape. Featuring low-rise architecture, this sandy coloured style fort boasts the main tower with Reception area and lobby and clusters of two-storey buildings housing guest accommodation, restaurants, spa and meeting facilities interconnected by seemingly endless little walkways. The charm of Arabia is personified in every corner of the property with small lanes running through the hotel, scattered around ponds and secluded seating areas, shaded courtyards, water fountains and trickling streams bestowing the feel of cool tranquillity. The abundance of green garden areas and manicured lawns adds to the quiet and soothing environment of the resort. The rustic Arabian theme of exterior design continues to flow in the carefully selected interior decorations and settings featuring uncovered natural stone floors, bare plastered walls, dark wood and iron fixtures, warm dimmed lighting and an abundance of artefacts showcased throughout the property. The resort boasts 113 rooms and suites offering cosy accommodation in an authentic Arabian style with majority of the rooms having a private terrace. All guest rooms and public areas have complimentary Wi-Fi access. *World's Leading Desert Resort, World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort And Spa
- Bab Al Shams Desert Hotel Dubai