Given all the positive reviews and the very few poor reviews on here, i thought that maybe some people were just giving the resort a hard time. Little did I know, upon arrival there was a huge mix up in my stay. The manager handled the situation in an ok manner, however, by far did not try and appease the situation to the best of his ability. I won't go into details of what happened but little did I know this would be just the start.
First, the hotel is far from dubai as noted. They offer a shuttle to the city, but they fail to tell the guess on the site that there is only ONE SHUTTLE that goes to and from the hotel to the city per day. Leaves at 10 am and returns at 6:30. This was a huge shock to me, and very disappointing since I have a family which my small children would not be able to walk around the city all day without a break. Big turn off.
Next the hotel room didn't have much appeal. The room was freezing when we arrived and very dark. There is a difference between dim and resembling lighting from a motel- which I feel was the latter. Also the water in my room had low pressure, making it unpleasant to brush teeth etc.
The food was just ok. The nightly entertainment I felt was far too expensive considering how much I already paid for the room.
The staff was average. They definitely were not terrible, but did nothing out of the ordinary that any staff wouldn't do for their guests.
I could go on and on about my experience here. But I would spare all the details. I am sorry I wasted so much money coming to this hotel. Would definitely not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Translated from Arabic as "Gateway to the sun", the *award-winning 5-star Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa is designed to resemble a fortified rural Arab village amidst the desert landscape. Featuring low-rise architecture, this sandy coloured style fort boasts the main tower with Reception area and lobby and clusters of two-storey buildings housing guest accommodation, restaurants, spa and meeting facilities interconnected by seemingly endless little walkways. The charm of Arabia is personified in every corner of the property with small lanes running through the hotel, scattered around ponds and secluded seating areas, shaded courtyards, water fountains and trickling streams bestowing the feel of cool tranquillity. The abundance of green garden areas and manicured lawns adds to the quiet and soothing environment of the resort. The rustic Arabian theme of exterior design continues to flow in the carefully selected interior decorations and settings featuring uncovered natural stone floors, bare plastered walls, dark wood and iron fixtures, warm dimmed lighting and an abundance of artefacts showcased throughout the property. The resort boasts 113 rooms and suites offering cosy accommodation in an authentic Arabian style with majority of the rooms having a private terrace. All guest rooms and public areas have complimentary Wi-Fi access. *World's Leading Desert Resort, World Travel Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort And Spa
- Bab Al Shams Desert Hotel Dubai